No One Goes to Heaven, and What the Kingdom of God On Earth Will Be Like in the Millennial Shabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The quote is out of Revelation 1:7, as I said before (which I think you failed to look up)...

Rev 1:7, Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
go with that then, bro, of course every ego on the planet wants to live forever, i dont blame ppl for maintaining a hope for immortality

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it is to be absent from the body. How do you explain that?
absent from this NATURAL body that we're in now, scripture, 2 Corinthians 5:1 "For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 Corinthians 5:2 "For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
2 Corinthians 5:3 "If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
2 Corinthians 5:4 "For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life".

we will put on immortality, 1 Corinthians 15:53 "For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1 Corinthians 15:54 "So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

and HOW IS THIS DONE? Romans 8:11 "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you".

PICJAG.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine of soul sleep is basically a false doctrine.

To be present with the Lord is to be absent from the body; and to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

This means that when we die, our spirit/soul leaves our body and immediately goes to be in the Lord's presence. 2 Peter 1:14-15 also has bearing on the issue. When we become deceased, we put off this our tabernacle; we do not dwell in it any longer but immediately go to be present with the Lord.

Reactions: Enoch111

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something my friend bbyrd009 said in another topic that caught my attention.

First Enoch, Genesis 5:24 "And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.”.

Now Noah, Genesis 6:9 "These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God”.

Both walked with God. Enoch had also this testimony, Hebrews 11:5 "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God”. translate here is "transport".

This got me to thinking, (dangerous, right), but effective. These two accounts are the same in types of translation/transport, but done a little differently. Noah was lifted above the earth in a ark, (a different kind of chariot, without wheels).

“Lifted up” here in the hebrew is H7311 רוּם ruwm (room) v.
1. to be high.
2. (actively) to rise or raise.

As Elijah was raised above the EARTH and moved to another place or part of the earth, so was Noah and his family, and all the animals with them placed in a different location on the earth.
The word used for Elijah rising is H5927 עָלָה `alah (aw-law') v.
1. to ascend.
2. (intransitively) to be high.
3. (actively) to mount.
{used in a great variety of senses, primary and secondary, literal and figurative (as follow)}
[a primitive root]
KJV: arise (up), (cause to) ascend up, at once, break (the day) (up), bring (up), (cause to) burn, carry up, cast up, + shew, climb (up), (cause to, make to) come (up), cut off, dawn, depart, exalt, excel, fall, fetch up, get up, (make to) go (away, up); grow (over) increase, lay, leap, levy, lift (self) up, light, (make) up, X mention, mount up, offer, make to pay, + perfect, prefer, put (on), raise, recover, restore, (make to) rise (up), scale, set (up), shoot forth (up), (begin to) spring (up), stir up, take away (up), work.

Definition #1 cannot be used as is on face value, if so, then is violates the word of God. For no man has “ascended” into heaven. this is evidence, he was take into the air, yes, but NOT ON HIS OWN POWER. So the kjv can translate it as “arise (up)", and not ascend)

so, all was moved as to not see death. But all later died.

My point is this, Noah was a “just” man, meaning he was declared righteous before God, and he too “WALKED” with God, so why was he not taken, (to heaven as many said of Enoch), Is not God fair?.

Here is another translation/transport where people did not see death, but later died.

PICJAG.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Elijah were merely moved to another part of the earth, please explain to me why they looked for him and didn't find him. And why he didn't show up later in scripture as a force to be reckoned with for God.