No other President of the USA has gotten such acclaim by so many

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

That is what churches are for. It's not about separation of church and state, its about the quality of biblical education they will receive. This would backfire, bigtime.
I agree that teaching the Bible is for churches, but even more so for parents. Regarding church and state...the moment a government affiliated organisation such as the education ministry/department specifies a particular denomination to teach Bible, that would transgress the separation concept would it not? And such a decision would be necessary because some bureaucrat will be 'spiritually' obliged to promote his own denomination because that was the way he was raised, and he sees nothing wrong with playing with snakes in the sanctuary.

B

brakelite

But even that can be a problem if only liberal or colt representatives are invited.
A Calvinist would complain re a Arminian teacher...A Catholic would complain re a Protestant...an Episcopalian re a Baptist...and non-denom re everyone else...and vice versa all the above...who would decide and on what basis? Church affiliation? Tertiary qualifications? What university or seminary? Fordham University? Oral Roberts? The Holy Hot-dog School of Sausage Friars?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Bullshit!”

-Trump

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Calvinist would complain re a Arminian teacher...A Catholic would complain re a Protestant...an Episcopalian re a Baptist...and non-denom re everyone else...and vice versa all the above...who would decide and on what basis? Church affiliation? Tertiary qualifications? What university or seminary? Fordham University? Oral Roberts? The Holy Hot-dog School of Sausage Friars?

The Bible. Sure not Ellen G White.

B

brakelite

The Bible. Sure not Ellen G White.
I agree. I wouldn't expect, nor want, seventh day Adventists to be given any governmental approval for teaching Bible in public schools... Because that would establish SDA as a state religion. As would the appointment of any other denomination which is why Bible teaching in public education systems is so fraught with danger. It isn't about who may be closer to the truth... Is about religious freedom and the moment any government gives sanction to one denomination over the other for even the slightest reason, religious freedom is lost.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. I wouldn't expect, nor want, seventh day Adventists to be given any governmental approval for teaching Bible in public schools... Because that would establish SDA as a state religion. As would the appointment of any other denomination which is why Bible teaching in public education systems is so fraught with danger. It isn't about who may be closer to the truth... Is about religious freedom and the moment any government gives sanction to one denomination over the other for even the slightest reason, religious freedom is lost.

Even in college comparative religion courses it is extremely difficult to keep bias out. Unless you are a college like liberty University, where is only appropriate.

B

brakelite

Even in college comparative religion courses it is extremely difficult to keep bias out. Unless you are a college like liberty University, where is only appropriate.
I would expect bias in any college or university. We Adventist have our own universities and our own perspective of history and the historical development of religion. As you would be well aware, for example, dispensationalism removes the 1000 year reign of the Catholic church in Europe from prophetic consideration as if it's just a blip that momentarily appeared on the radar screen of history and is of no significance. They struggle to make a connection between prophecy and history. We on the other hand, and I think you would agree to a point, see the papacy as a significant and vital part of the development and influence of Christianity globally and prophetically.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would expect bias in any college or university. We Adventist have our own universities and our own perspective of history and the historical development of religion. As you would be well aware, for example, dispensationalism removes the 1000 year reign of the Catholic church in Europe from prophetic consideration as if it's just a blip that momentarily appeared on the radar screen of history and is of no significance. They struggle to make a connection between prophecy and history. We on the other hand, and I think you would agree to a point, see the papacy as a significant and vital part of the development and influence of Christianity globally and prophetically.

I agree amillennialism is completely wrong. As a Catholic invention it was never really under consideration by Bible verse.

Neither is its offshoot Dominion theology.

I don't agree Catholicism was a healthy influence on anything. Just look at South America.

B

brakelite

I don't agree Catholicism was a healthy influence on anything. Just look at South America.
Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to suggest the CC was a healthy influence, just that is was an influence...globally. I agree about SA. But one could also look historically at her influence in Europe during the dark ages...the French revolution was a direct result of the vile excesses of the Papacy preceding the reign of terror. And all Christians in France suffered as a result.

Reactions: CoreIssue

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that teaching the Bible is for churches, but even more so for parents. Regarding church and state..

The Bible teaches us—
[1] not to murder
[2] not to steal
[3] not to lie
[4] not to discriminate because of race (stranger)

Today, most if not all the above have been put inti law in most countries

The Bible is just a collection of books written over 2,000 years ago and still the underlining intent is clear
:)-

B

brakelite

The Bible teaches us—
[1] not to murder
[2] not to steal
[3] not to lie
[4] not to discriminate because of race (stranger)

Today, most if not all the above have been put inti law in most countries

The Bible is just a collection of books written over 2,000 years ago and still the underlining intent is clear
:)-
I have no problem with reasonable laws with regards our relationships with our fellow man in cases where harm is done...church/state separation is designed to avoid laws which regulate how we relate to God in worship, service, faith, and practice. Freedom of ones own conscience is more important than 'unity' or any promotion of religion, even the Christian religion.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are reacting as though this is somehow a new thing on this earth. Ever had a bunch of queers beating on your front door, demanding you send out your visitors so they could sodomize them? Lot had that happen to him. And the Bible reads like that was not an uncommon thing in those days. And just how many thousands of years ago was that?

I am fairly certain God knew about it then, and yet, homosexuality wasn't even the reason He destroyed those two cities.... and left the same perverted stuff to continue in other cities all over the inhabited world.

Sure, it is bad. But, I firmly believe God expects us to deal with it, and treat fags just as we would glutinous fat people, or liars, or those sleeping around... (all classified as sinners in the Bible.)... as PEOPLE He created, needing God just as much as we do... NOT, as people we should put in jail, or kill for their deviancies.

Do I agree with the acceptance of homosexuality as "normal?" "No", of course not, but President Trump was not elected to be OUR personal Preacher, Priest, Rabbi, or Pope. He was elected to defend the laws the Congress we also elected, wrote for the entire country and enacted.

We are all way too "global" and inter-connected to ignore these murders going on in neighboring countries. That is why he "interferes."
I'm not acting any way - I have a male friend who is gay and he's nicer than some Christians. The issue I have is why Trump is interfering with other countries. It makes no sense unless he is furthering the agenda of his Jesuit masters. I just read today that more migrants have crossed the border since Trump has been in office than when Oboma was in office.

How gullible are Americans going to be?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had a Senator ask the question about such and he was shouted down and demoted and made out to be a monster to bring up such a issue, they even went out of their way to miss represent what it truly was that he was saying in fact and the media was playing along with the same attitude of total ignorance and malice, they should of done their duty and worked to find out what was truly being said, but no ! they did not want to inform the people of the reality.

We are going to get people marrying their dog etc is coming up next and bestiality will be legal as it is in some country's now.
But oh no ! one can not debate such a subject at all, it's taboo ! one has no right to question such or you will be attacked full on. but when the day comes they will push it through as fast as they can, like they always do, so that the majority have not waken up to the reality and then if you do go against such you will be fined etc.

Satan is in control of our major governments and they are not respecting the will of the people or the good of the people, but just playing the game, so old mate up the road says to me you must vote for one of the major Party's or you are just tossing away your vote, no not at all in fact, minor Parys have helped keep the major Party's accountable in fact and if the minor ones were not their barking then the major ones would not give a toss and just go about doing their own agenda sh1tting on all without any regard at all. the Major Party's can not loose anyway because they have set up the voting system that always favours them regardless, but the smaller ones can keep them in line some what.

I'm seeing more and more how Satan is in control of our government. I'm just shocked it's continuing on without God ending it. Our country is on life support; it's like we're just waiting around for someone to present it with a death certificate.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not acting any way - I have a male friend who is gay and he's nicer than some Christians. The issue I have is why Trump is interfering with other countries. It makes no sense unless he is furthering the agenda of his Jesuit masters. I just read today that more migrants have crossed the border since Trump has been in office than when Oboma was in office.

How gullible are Americans going to be?
How gullible are you? Why do you think more people want to come now. Huh? Just ask yourself that. It is because things are so much better in America now, and the entire world is hearing about it. So, of course people are now wanting, more than ever, to come here. If it was worse here than it was two years ago, LESS would be wanting to move here.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How gullible are you? Why do you think more people want to come now. Huh? Just ask yourself that. It is because things are so much better in America now, and the entire world is hearing about it. So, of course people are now wanting, more than ever, to come here. If it was worse here than it was two years ago, LESS would be wanting to move here.
U.S. welfare flows to Cuba

I was talking about the right being fooled by Trump.

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're kidding, I hope.

Neither Reggie nor anyone else was talking about putting people to death Willie. Where did that come from? Trump is fulfilling the agenda of the Jesuits and Christians are beginning to see it.

We all know what the bible says and Trump isn't in alignment with it on a number of issues.

You have to search the issues on Henry Makow's site and you'll see that Trump is falling right in line with the Jesuits:

henrymakow.com - Exposing Feminism and The New World Order

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did the west Christian world legally ever have the right to kill gay people.:rolleyes:
I have never heard of any such nonsense in my life time.

Trump or the west has never had the right to force Islamic Nations to do anything really. the West are very much ignorant of such people and nor do they truly care at all or try to understand such a people, but to force themselves and deranged values on them, if they ask for the West help fine but if they don't want it and are happy in Islam, then it has every right to do as it please with it's own people. such things that Islam does may disgust us in the West but I think they know what's best for their culture to survive best. it's the same with the Abos in Australia that the West were appalled of such an inferior race as they called them at the time, but the West destroyed them people in total ignorance to their culture and never cared what or who they were at all.

Not to mention that in the future a God less western world, the rights of Christianity will be gone and all religion will be Political Correctness god ( Idol ) inspired and then the Satanist god has every right to do as it pleases with all people as to it's own order.
That's exactly where we're heading. We have to watch every thing we say to be certain it doesn't "offend" anyone. Political Correctness originated in Nazi Germany which should tell us something.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've studied Islam and per the Koran for us it is convert or die.

Which makes it insensible as to why our country would be importing people who don't hold Christian values - especially after 9-11. They have an end game in mind apparently. Many foreign nationals don't hold American values. When we were at the airport a gang of obnoxious middle eastern men exited the mens room. One came out with his zipper down and proceeded to fix himself right in front of everyone while chattering loudly with his companions. I was disappointed that no man in the room went up to him to tell him that isn't acceptable here. My uncles and father never would have put up with that, but people are different today.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
U.S. welfare flows to Cuba

I was talking about the right being fooled by Trump.
Your article echoes just what President Trump has been trying to stop. But, he gets called a 'racist' for trying, and congress (because of their fanatical, blind hatred of him) flatly refuses to do their jobs and help by changing the laws (laws THEY made) that allow this abuse to go on.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your article echoes just what President Trump has been trying to stop. But, he gets called a 'racist' for trying, and congress (because of their fanatical, blind hatred of him) flatly refuses to do their jobs and help by changing the laws (laws THEY made) that allow this abuse to go on.
I supported Trump at first but after seeing him not fulfill his campaign promises I don't believe him anymore. I know that those with something to gain use the "Racist!" accusation in an attempt to get people to do what they want them to do; the lies throughout our society and over this issue are many. But I still think Trump is lying to the right. Time will tell.