No Righteousness = No Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What a shame to discard all of Jesus' commandments. After Jesus gave these wonderful and rich commandments, he said:

Matthew 7
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It's high time to wake up people, and put the false doctrines of men away; you must put self on the shelf and allow Jesus to work his obedience into your innermost being. No righteousness, no Heaven.

As Jesus said...when the batch is leavened...how do you unleaven it? But all things are possible with God...IF we repent.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Jesus said...when the batch is leavened...how do you unleaven it? But all things are possible with God...IF we repent.
1 Corinthians 5:6-8 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? [7] Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: [8] Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

No glorying in the flesh.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught that our righteousness must exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees if we expect to enter into the kingdom of Heaven.

Matthew 5
[20] For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus here was not speaking to the church today, the body of Christ but to the Jews under the law. Jesus was speaking about the need to obey the commandments and be righteous otherwise they would not enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 3:2 Matthew 4:17) ,which is the Davidic kingdom on earth, and reign with Christ for a thousand years as kings and priests (Revelation 5:10).

When we believe the gospel and trust Christ we have his imputed righteousness (Romans 4:24) counted unto us. We are found in him not having our own righteousness but his (Philippians 3:9).

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus here was not speaking to the church today, the body of Christ but to the Jews under the law. Jesus was speaking about the need to obey the commandments and be righteous otherwise they would not enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 3:2) ,which is the Davidic kingdom on earth, and reign with Christ for a thousand years as kings and priests (Revelation 5:10).

When we believe the gospel and trust Christ we have his imputed righteousness (Romans 4:24) counted unto us. We are found in him not having our own righteousness but his (Philippians 3:9).

First paragraph is the errant doctrine of Dispensationalism championed by Darby. And the second is the errant doctrine of "alien righteousness" invented by Luther.

Talk about the philosophies of men!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First paragraph is the errant doctrine of Dispensationalism championed by Darby. And the second is the errant doctrine of "alien righteousness" invented by Luther.

Talk about the philosophies of men!

Please, if you wish, what do you think John the Baptist and Jesus meant by preaching the kingdom is at hand in Matthew 3:2 Matthew 4:17 ?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please, if you wish, what do you think John the Baptist and Jesus meant by preaching the kingdom is at hand in Matthew 3:2 Matthew 4:17 ?

John the Baptist was making the way for...................................Jesus. The kingdom of God is found within Christ.

This was not an outward Davidic kingdom. That's what the Zealots were desiring.

But the kingdom of God was not about a kingdom that came by sight....but by faith. A Christian should not be a Jewish Zealot....who only sees things from a carnal political slant.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John the Baptist was making the way for...................................Jesus. The kingdom of God is found within Christ.

This was not an outward Davidic kingdom. That's what the Zealots were desiring.

But the kingdom of God was not about a kingdom that came by sight....but by faith. A Christian should not be a Jewish Zealot....who only sees things from a carnal political slant.

I am not being argumentative here, but with all respect to your position, you say, and so do others, that the kingdom of God is within. Please elaborate, how do you explain the following verses that speak of a literal kingdom on earth.

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Psalm 132:11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

132:13 For the LORD hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.

132:14 This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not being argumentative here, but with all respect to your position, you say, and so do others, that the kingdom of God is within. Please elaborate, how do you explain the following verses that speak of a literal kingdom on earth.

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Psalm 132:11 The LORD hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

In the next age....not now. We can walk in the Spirit right now by faith. The kingdom life is eternal life IN Christ. Seemingly unknown to walk in Him these days. So much confusion.

Eternal life is a kind of life...His life. Walk in Him and live.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:15-19 and Ephesians 2:8-9 show that it is indeed a gift given to us.
Of course it is a gift to use so long as we are willing and able. If we do not Live always with God until the end of our course, we won't be using anything anymore anyway.

Last edited:

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gal 2:21, I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Phl 3:9, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Phl 3:9, And be found in him, not having mine own godliness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the godliness which is of God by faith:

John 6:28-29 King James Version (KJV)

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

For Christ is the end of the law for godliness to every one that believeth.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This was a respectful and honest question. Epi gave a good reply. And it's not people who said the kingdom of God is within. Jesus said it. It is so good to see a brother working to reconcile verses to understand rather than argumentatively arguing certain verses against other verses.

From what I have seen, a large potion of the time the problem arises in my thoughts because I don't see that different time frames are being spoken of, while I am trying to fit it all into a present time frame.

But scripture doesn't neatly say when jumps forward or back are made. Even in one passage it can jump forward and back, while we seem to do best strictly linearly.

Reactions: Nancy

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the next age....not now. We can walk in the Spirit right now by faith. The kingdom life is eternal life IN Christ. Seemingly unknown to walk in Him these days. So much confusion.

Eternal life is a kind of life...His life. Walk in Him and live.

Please let me make sure I understand you properly.
So you do say there will be a kingdom on earth.....right?
But Jesus did not mean the Davidic kingdom on earth was at hand when he said the kingdom was at hand in Matthew 4:17.....right?

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was a respectful and honest question. Epi gave a good reply. And it's not people who said the kingdom of God is within. Jesus said it. It is so good to see a brother working to reconcile verses to understand rather than argumentatively arguing certain verses against other verses.

From what I have seen, a large potion of the time the problem arises in my thoughts because I don't see that different time frames are being spoken of, while I am trying to fit it all into a present time frame.

But scripture doesn't neatly say when jumps forward or back are made. Even in one passage it can jump forward and back, while we seem to do best strictly linearly.
Yes Jesus said the kingdom is within but what did he mean? Luke 17:21
In Luke 17:22 the disciples would desire to see
In Luke 17:24 he said they would see him as lightning would be from one end of the sky to another
In Luke 9:9-11 Jesus said the kingdom has come near

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught that our righteousness must exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees if we expect to enter into the kingdom of Heaven.

Matthew 5
[20] For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
And when God declares us righteous, it does.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Jesus said the kingdom is within but what did he mean? Luke 17:21
In Luke 17:22 the disciples would desire to see
In Luke 17:24 he said they would see him as lightning would be from one end of the sky to another
In Luke 9:9-11 Jesus said the kingdom has come near

As I said, I think you need to know which time frame is being spoken of. The kingdom within is now. The day when it will be quite visible on earth is not yet.

The kingdom being within is now. Is your question that you want to know how so this is? Have you received the Holy Spirit?

Reactions: Episkopos

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when God declares us righteous, it does.

It is not us ,the church today, the body of Christ who will enter into the kingdom of heaven however.
The kingdom of heaven is the promised, prophetic Davidic kingdom on earth in which the believing remnant of Israel ,the little flock (Luke 12:32), will reign with Christ as kings and priests for a thousand years (Revelation 5:10 Revelation 20:4).

But it is only through the Holy Spirit that will cause Israel to have that righteousness to enter the kingdom (Ezekiel 36:24-28) by the new testament.

The church, the body is given the heavenly kingdom in heaven (2 Timothy 4:18 Ephesians 1:3).

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not us ,the church today, the body of Christ who will enter into the kingdom of heaven however.
The kingdom of heaven is the promised, prophetic Davidic kingdom on earth in which the believing remnant of Israel ,the little flock (Luke 12:32), will reign with Christ as kings and priests for a thousand years (Revelation 5:10 Revelation 20:4).

But it is only through the Holy Spirit that will cause Israel to have that righteousness to enter the kingdom (Ezekiel 36:24-28) by the new testament.

The church, the body is given the heavenly kingdom in heaven (2 Timothy 4:18 Ephesians 1:3).
What in the world are you talking about?

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, I think you need to know which time frame is being spoken of. The kingdom within is now. The day when it will be quite visible on earth is not yet.

The kingdom being within is now. Is your question that you want to know how so this is? Have you received the Holy Spirit?

I just don't agree that the kingdom Jesus spoke of as being a reference to a spiritual kingdom, as I said a lot do.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a shame to discard all of Jesus' commandments. After Jesus gave these wonderful and rich commandments, he said:

Matthew 7
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

It's high time to wake up people, and put the false doctrines of men away; you must put self on the shelf and allow Jesus to work his obedience into your innermost being. No righteousness, no Heaven.
I couldn't help but notice that you did not answer my question. Those who preach this never do, so I'm not surprised.

Much love!