No Salvation Without Works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I've said on many occasions, God has already foreseen all lies against His word, that the devil and man ever came up with, and so has Scripture written into this world in such a clear way as to plainly refute all such lies by one or two simple verses. And they are not hidden nor stange, but well known and obvious to any that read His word with any sense of understanding:

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

First we do His commandments, then we may have right to the tree of life.

Only the doers have eternal life in them, even as only the eaters of His flesh and drinkers of their blood have His life in their souls.

It is impossible to have right to the tree of life, before and apart from doing His commandments, because only them that do so may then have right to eat thereof and enter through the gates of New Jerusalem.

The vain hope of Adam in his transgression, was the forerunning delusion for all hearers-only, who think to have right to eternal life by faith only without obeying God first.

There is no salvation for them that have no right to the tree of life, who have yet to do His commandments.

There is no salvation by faith only before and apart from doing the faith, whereby any man has right to the tree of life and to enter into the gates of the city.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes my memory was a little off, it wasn't an angel, it was the Lord. This is what the bible teaches us about Paul's conversion:
Acts 9:1-6

King James Version

9 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
So, you made this up, or you are deceived by whatever cult told you that, or whatever cult wrote that book that teaches that lie.....

Someone has certainly gotten on the devil's side of OSAS heroes.

What did you do? Preaching doing righteousness or something? Maybe obey God to be justified with God?

If the devil hates you, you must be doing good.

Keep up the good fight until the end and reap the reward of eternal salvation.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you made this up, or you are deceived by whatever cult told you that, or whatever cult wrote that book that teaches that lie.....

Someone has certainly gotten on the devil's side of OSAS heroes.

What did you do? Preaching doing righteousness or something? Maybe obey God to be justified with God?

If the devil hates you, you must be doing good.

Keep up the good fight until the end and reap the reward of eternal salvation.
Yes relating me to a devil's cult was a little much for not remembering exactly. He could have looked up the scripture and simply corrected me. But I'm not sure he's following the bible, only Paul's writings I think. Hyper Grace or something.

It's nice to see other's here that teach us to obey the commandments. I feel more of the Holy Spirit when I do.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Sowing is doing. There is no sowing by hearing only, nor by faith without doing.

If we do not, we sow not, we reap not: sowing to the Spirit is obeying the Spirit.

There is no salvation with life everlasting before and apart from obeying the Spirit of God.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

There is no salvation of everlasting life 'gifted' to any man, but is the reaped reward to them only that sow to the Spirit unto the end.

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

The inheritance of everlasting life in eternal salvation is the reward for them that obey Him by sowing to the Spirit and not to the flesh.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Sowing is doing. There is no sowing by hearing only, nor by faith without doing.

If we do not, we sow not, we reap not: sowing to the Spirit is obeying the Spirit.

There is no salvation with life everlasting before and apart from obeying the Spirit of God.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

There is no salvation of everlasting life 'gifted' to any man, but is the reaped reward to them only that sow to the Spirit unto the end.

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

The inheritance of everlasting life in eternal salvation is the reward for them that obey Him by sowing to the Spirit and not to the flesh.
Inspiring words :)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes relating me to a devil's cult was a little much for not remembering exactly. He could have looked up the scripture and simply corrected me. But I'm not sure he's following the bible, only Paul's writings I think. Hyper Grace or something.

It's nice to see other's here that teach us to obey the commandments. I feel more of the Holy Spirit when I do.
But I'm not sure he's following the bible, only Paul's writings I think.

Neither nor, which you can learn for yourself, if you are willing to put up with them long enough. I have learned to look at them as the scientific experiment of an objective observer.

It's nice to see other's here that teach us to obey the commandments.

I was thinking exactly the same thing of you. There are a few others, but I was feeling a bit lonely amidst all the condemnation heaped upon daring to preach actually obeying God for eternal salvation.

The hearers only may be the weakest for weaklings by faith only, but they sure can be rabid about it.

I just now saw your posting, so I am looking forward to going back to see what you've taught so far.

I feel more of the Holy Spirit when I do.

You hit that nail square on the head:

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

The Spirit of God is given only to them that obey Him: no man is saved without works, because no man is saved without having the Spirit of God.

No man can have the Spirit of God, until He is being obeyed.

There is no salvation before and apart from having the Spirit of God and obeying Him.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;
and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

There is no believing with an unclean heart: believing with the heart is obeying God to purify the soul in His righteousness.

There is no believing with disobeying God, and there is no believing before and apart from obeying God.

There is no confession unto salvation with the mouth, until there is believing with the pure heart unto righteousness of life.

This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

We cannot confess with the mouth from the heart unto salvation, until we believe and obey Him with a pure heart.

There is no saving confession of the mouth from an unclean heart, but lip service only: hearing with faith only is only agreeing with the lips that Jesus is Lord, without obeying Him with the heart as Lord.

Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips.

There is no salvation before and apart from confessing Him with the clean mouth of a pure heart.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So long as we continue with a heart of lust, we are hearers and agreers only, and not doers of the word to love God with a whole heart, and so we are only making our own Christian religion to live in.

And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts.

For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

There is no salvation before and apart from obeying the first great commandment to purify our hearts and love Him with a whole heart.

OSAS Christianized religion is truly lame.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So long as we offer up to Him praise and worship from an unclean heart, we will never be accepted of Him as sons of God:

If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.

Only them that do well are accepted of God.

There is no salvation before and apart from doing well before God.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

There is no salvation before and apart from calling on the name of the Lord.

There is no calling upon the Lord out of an unclean heart.

Only them of a pure heart can call upon the Lord with the pure language, that He will turn to.

There is no salvation before and apart from obeying the Lord to call upon His name to purify their heart of lust and speak with pure lips:

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

No man can even say Lord Jesus to be saved by Him before and apart from obeying Him in the heart.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a Christian forum so most of the participants are Christians. The "likes" indicate how many of the participants agree with your posts. It is a reasonable indication of the acceptance of your position by other Christians. You're twisting the discussion to "those who hated Jesus will also hate me". That is a straw man argument.
That is a straw man argument.

A useless argument is arguing over 'likes'.

Means nothing to me. At all.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is always one or two Scriptures that prove the truth of the doctrine of Christ, and exposes all other teachings as false:

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Only the doers of the truth are coming to the Light of Christ: by obeying the truth to purify the heart, our deeds prove we are doers of the word and not hearers only.

We don't just agree with the truth but do it: only the doers are justified with God.

It is impossible to come to Light before and apart from doing the truth.

There is no salvation before and apart from obeying God and coming to the Light of Christ.

No man has ever come to God before and apart from doing the truth of God; therefore, no man has ever been saved by God before and apart from obeying Him.

Those who have yet to do the truth and purify their hearts to come to the Light, and have fellowship with Him in the Light as he is in the Light, where there is no darkness at all, have yet to come and walk with Him at all in the Light, and yet seek to do His will and serve Him while yet in darkness of lust and sins of the flesh.

And what concord hath Christ with Belial?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.

From the very beginning, the gospel message of God has always been the same: Until we do well, we will not be accepted and justified of God.

If we are not doing well, then sin will have the rule over our hearts and lives.

There is no salvation before and apart from doing well.

God is a doing God: hearing and agreeing only before and apart from doing the truth in the heart and life, is nothing to God and is dead in His sight.

Until we are doing well, we are still dead in our trespasses and sins.

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
I only Teach/Preach : Pauline Doctrine.

1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
Paul was cautioned by an angel

2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: No salvation without works?

Better is: Yes, salvation without works, and then "works for rewards!" Amen?

GRACE and Peace!
Better still is: Yes, justification with works, and so no salvation without works.

There is no salvation of God without being justified with God, which is only with works of His righteousness with the heart.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

Scripture does not say He became the author of rewards unto them that obey him.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Only them that obey Him abide with Him forever, and so only them that obey Him are abiding with Him.

There is no salvation before and apart from abiding with Him, which only with obeying Him.

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

And no man has His life in him, until eating of His flesh and drinking of His blood, which is only with obeying Him: faith and agreeing with Him only, neither eats nor drinks nor has any life in them.

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

There is no salvation before and apart from having His life in us, which is only with obeying Him.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

God commands the light to shine in our hearts, which He gives to them who do obey His commandment.

We obey the commandment to shine His light by repenting of the darkness of lust.

There is no salvation before and apart from His Light shining in our hearts, where there is no darkness at all.