No Second Coming.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;45147)
Good evidence but still does not explain a lot.
Understood. Neither side can 'akhi. Not completely anyway.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;45193)
Where did the term Second Coming come from? I am gathering since no one will answer this that the term is man made is that correct? Again why was these not in the Bible?
While the term "second coming" is not to my knowledge within the 'Bible', it is referencing the great and terrible day of YHVH.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;45199)
I cannot put much faith in the New Testament sorry...
I do understand, more than you know.Between you and I, let us consider the TaNaKh as the Scriptures and the New Testament as an eyewitness account of things. Perhaps that will help to level the field between you and I.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Appreciate what your trying to do Richard but for me its over period....done with it. And you have set yourself up for a ruthless attack from all sides I hope you know that....But I will say this Rambam had this to say about Messiah:If a king will arise from the House of David who is learned in Torah and observant of the mitzvot as prescribed by the written law and the oral law, as David his ancestor was, and will compel all of Israel to walk in the way of Torah, and reinforce the breaches and fight the wars of G-d, we may, with assurance, consider him the Messiah.If he succeeds in the above, builds the Temple in its place, and gathers the dispersed of Israel, he is definitely the Messiah.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Jerusalem Junkie;45301)
Appreciate what your trying to do Richard but for me its over period....done with it. And you have set yourself up for a ruthless attack from all sides I hope you know that....But I will say this Rambam had this to say about Messiah: If a king will arise from the House of David who is learned in Torah and observant of the mitzvot as prescribed by the written law and the oral law, as David his ancestor was, and will compel all of Israel to walk in the way of Torah, and reinforce the breaches and fight the wars of G-d, we may, with assurance, consider him the Messiah. If he succeeds in the above, builds the Temple in its place, and gathers the dispersed of Israel, he is definitely the Messiah.
Jeruslam Junkie I understand why your getting upset but religious discussions always have a good chance of getting heated! I personally had no intention of insulting you in ANY way and I believe I can safely say that the other posters on this topic didn't come on here with the intention of insulting you. I sincerely ask you not to give up on what looking for here. This topic has gotten pretty personal so I think it would be pretty good if everyone here would just take a step back and take a deep breath. We can all agree that we are here to learn more about God, so lets not let our emotions get the best of us. And I am talking to EVERYONE!!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(followerofchrist;45303)
Jeruslam Junkie I understand why your getting upset but religious discussions always have a good chance of getting heated! I personally had no intention of insulting you in ANY way and I believe I can safely say that the other posters on this topic didn't come on here with the intention of insulting you. I sincerely ask you not to give up on what looking for here. This topic has gotten pretty personal so I think it would be pretty good if everyone here would just take a step back and take a deep breath. We can all agree that we are here to learn more about God, so lets not let our emotions get the best of us. And I am talking to EVERYONE!!
No apology necessary follower.........

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Jerusalem Junkie;45301)
Appreciate what your trying to do Richard but for me its over period....done with it. And you have set yourself up for a ruthless attack from all sides I hope you know that....But I will say this Rambam had this to say about Messiah:If a king will arise from the House of David who is learned in Torah and observant of the mitzvot as prescribed by the written law and the oral law, as David his ancestor was, and will compel all of Israel to walk in the way of Torah, and reinforce the breaches and fight the wars of G-d, we may, with assurance, consider him the Messiah.If he succeeds in the above, builds the Temple in its place, and gathers the dispersed of Israel, he is definitely the Messiah.
You are wrong JJ we have all gone out of our way to explain the best way we can and understand we get Richard was trying to reach out from a perpesctive we can not but this problem is yours you are throwing a temper tantrum because you do not understand instead of realizing we have all had our moments and had to study harder or go to prayer and ask God to help you You want us to fix your problems and it is obvious to me you arent going to accept any answer Jewish or christain you just want to get mad You get mad at people that attack Judism but then when you start attacking christainty and our book we are supposed to never say anything back to you You are being unfair, out of line,and hypocritical and if you want to act like a child feel free

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree with kriss here.I'm just going to step in to say that if you change your status to nonChristian, then you will be relegated to the nonChristian forums. It's not very fair for everyone else if I do otherwise.Matthew 24:24-27
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;45301)
Appreciate what your trying to do Richard but for me its over period....done with it.
I do understand... Remember 'akhi: Isaiah 2:22(Jerusalem Junkie)
And you have set yourself up for a ruthless attack from all sides I hope you know that...
I am well aware of my position and where I stand.(Jerusalem Junkie)
But I will say this Rambam had this to say about Messiah:If a king will arise from the House of David who is learned in Torah and observant of the mitzvot as prescribed by the written law and the oral law, as David his ancestor was, and will compel all of Israel to walk in the way of Torah, and reinforce the breaches and fight the wars of G-d, we may, with assurance, consider him the Messiah.If he succeeds in the above, builds the Temple in its place, and gathers the dispersed of Israel, he is definitely the Messiah.
I also am familiar with Rambam, yet am able to remain.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
I'm just going to step in to say that if you change your status to nonChristian, then you will be relegated to the nonChristian forums. It's not very fair for everyone else if I do otherwise.
Well forgive me I did not know that was like that I do not remember changing it. And just for the record I am not a false prophet or Christ.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
You know Phillip, things don't have to be this way for you. You could find a good strong and valid source to study from that doesn't feed your mind with doubts and confusion. There is a way to find the answers that man is unable to give you and that is through God. I see you trying to search for something but what is it you are searching for? And why oh why, my friend, do you continue to look for faith in man? Man will err every time. Look to the One who gives all wisdom and knowledge, go to the Word and get away from all those confusing places that contradict.I can't answer those questions you put forth in the OP. I don't think anyone really can. But I know that you know that God can and will if you will take man off the throne and put God back on it, ask Him for the guidance. He'll give it.....be blessed brother

harv

Mar 30, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;45091)
According to this there is no Second Coming and its a bit confusing to say the least especially since if you look at it none of these have been fulfilled. Why would Jesus allow himself to die before completely fulfilling these? I have found through research that the Christian Bible does not contain the Messanic Prophecies why? Why do we believe there will be a Second Coming? Why did G-d take his only Son to die on the cross before he could fulfill his prophecy? I did a word search of "Second Coming" in my Bible program and only one verse and Chapter came up and it had nothing to do with Jesus return so where do we get "Second Coming" from and what is the foundation for the term?JESUS DID NOT FULFILL THE MESSIANIC PROPHECIES What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world -- on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright, and no concept of a second coming exists.http://www.simpletoremember.com
Greetings, J.J., Do you know what respect the Jews for the words of prophecy from the Book of Daniel?What is the Jewish take on Daniel, chapters, 2, 7, 8, and 11-12 with regard to the rise and fall of Kingdoms? What kingdom eras do they perceive as historically involved? Or do they hold any historical relationship in regard to any outlined for sequence and time relationships [i.e., "time, times, and the dividing of time," Dan.7 and 12, "2300 days," Dan.8, the "1290 days" and the "1335 days" of Dan.12? Have the "2300 days" come to a close yet, or are these "days" still future?Also. How long a period is involved in the "70 Weeks" of time to "Messiah" of Daniel chapter 9? Where is the proper placement for the "70 weeks" relative to the "2300 days " and from what era ought the "70 weeks" to be accounted from? And, from the Jewish concept of "perfect" world unity when the majority is Jewish, Will the "Messiah" be "cut off" in that era? If so. For what defined purpose? For the realization of what hope beyond this temporal, earthly life?"Messiah?" To or for what eternal purpose/s? Amos 3:1-*8.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Jerusalem Junkie;45091)
A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world -- on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
A. I believe Ezekiel 37:22-28 was fulfilled when Jesus established the New Covenant through His death, resurrection, and consequently gift of eternal life to us through that work. Either that, or it has yet to come. I don't believe it has to have been fulfilled in His time on earth as a man. There are other possibilities than this having to be fulfilled when the Messiah walks with us.B. How is it that you say Isaiah 43:5-6 is a Messianic prophecy? Why must this be fulfilled when the Messiah comes? I believe it says it will be done... but I don't find the connection that you believe is there to the Messiah's time on earth.C. If you read Isaiah 2:2, you will see that Isaiah 2:4 is in reference to "The end times."D. This has yet to come.Jesus is the Messiah. You should thank your Father, God, for Him, and receive Him as such.

Alistein

May 4, 2008
According to this there is no Second Coming and its a bit confusing to say the least especially since if you look at it none of these have been fulfilled. Why would Jesus allow himself to die before completely fulfilling these? I have found through research that the Christian Bible does not contain the Messanic Prophecies why? Why do we believe there will be a Second Coming? Why did G-d take his only Son to die on the cross before he could fulfill his prophecy? I did a word search of "Second Coming" in my Bible program and only one verse and Chapter came up and it had nothing to do with Jesus return so where do we get "Second Coming" from and what is the foundation for the term?
Seems like I'm a little late here but I would also like to approach this questions with the answers I believe. i do not believe the bible or old testament mentions that there would be only one coming it certainly does not allude to numbers in anyway.
JESUS DID NOT FULFILL THE MESSIANIC PROPHECIES
I think there is more than enough evidence that Jesus fulfilled many of the prophecies and all that are unfulfilled will be fulfilled at His second coming. The fulfilled evidences most of which have been mentioned by fellow brothers are way too much to be disproved or even challenged.
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:

A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
That is already underway and will be accomplished in the second coming
B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
This is happening even now on a daily basis. Jews are return to Israel in large numbers
C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
second coming
D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world -- on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
second coming
The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.
Open your eyes more than 2/3 have already been fulfilled and you can only name a handful of unfulfilled to the fulfilled ones
Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright, and no concept of a second coming exists.
If you can please show me where in the old testament it says the Messiah will fulfill all the prophecies outright to prove why there should be no second coming and to prove this Jewish sources you mention.