Noahs Ark Found ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
A team of evangelical Christian researchers say they've discovered Noah's ark near the peak of Mount Ararat in Turkey.

The group, from Noah's Ark Ministries International in Hong Kong, says its members "successfully excavated and ventured inside a large wooden structure" 4,000 metres above sea level.

Samples of wood taken from the structure were carbon dated to 4,800 years old, NAMI's website says, and Turkish government officials plan to apply for UNESCO World Heritage site designation.

"The structure is partitioned into different spaces," said one of the researchers, Man-fai Yuen. "We believe that the wooden structure we entered is the same structure recorded in historical accounts and the same ancient boat indicated by the locals."
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100429/noahs-ark-found-100429/20100429/?hub=TorontoNewHome

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Carbon dating is accurate now? I doubt the boat has survived this long, and even if it is a boat, it would be hard to prove Noah built it.

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Carbon dating is accurate now? I doubt the boat has survived this long, and even if it is a boat, it would be hard to prove Noah built it.

I expect treated lumber at that altitude could survive. It would be cold and potentially no critters or bugs to eat at it.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
If you check out their video....................... They walk around this cave? Inside a boat? who knows. The video is very short, and nothing explained, unless you speak Chinese.

They tap on various pieces of Wood, and it sounds hollow. They do no further investigation. There is also evidence that the Curds may have planted that wood there to be found.

They found this a few years ago, and aside from the Turkish Gov hindering them, they seem way to secretive in what they are actually finding. I think they have a pretty good idea that this is not the Ark, but would like the World to believe it as long as possible.

Reminds of that bigfoot body they found. It was on CNN, and in some Ice chest. The people that had it were very secretive, and the pictures they showed of it in the large ice chest were blurry. That was strange, being a close up shot with a digital camera and something they were trying to prove as true. (Bigfoot was a costume, stuffed with road kill guts, a officer who helped in the hoax was fired.)

If I believed I found something like the ARK. I would have at least a hour video of everything I spotted, and experts around trying to figure out or explain what we were looking at. I would want nothing hidden or false. The video they released does not show that enthusiasm and is very brief, with no explanation of what they are looking at.

Jesus Is Lord

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010

When this broke a few nights ago this was the in-joke among the atheists community ... being as creationists dont accept carbon dating but now that they found the ark, they were using it to prove it's age.

And it's been pretty much debunked by now anyway. Big excuse for them to rail about something, " My problem is that, in the end, proper analysis may show this to be a hoax and negatively reflect how gullible Christians can be."

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don't think it's in God's plan for something that obvious at this time. With this particular case, someone pointed out cobwebs in the photos and there are reports of people being hired to bring the wood in to this place. It makes me think of the latter part of I Corinthians 1. Not that anyone here is looking for a sign, but we Christians are so eagerly seeking that obvious sign of God. We don't need 4,000+ year old wood to prove the flood.

Besides, I think if it were ever found, the argument would be Israelites placed it up there to fool us gullible folks in the future. ;)

I for one believe the next authentic "world sign" to be the two witnesses.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Good point Martin............

The sad thing is those that filmed this short video have to know this also, but continue to lie.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
No one would be happier than me if Remnants of Noah's ark were found tomorrow.

Because of my interest I have followed every tidbit of news for 50 years now. The most credible information comes from WW2 pilots and ground sightings around 1943.

If the creator wanted to get the attention of the unbelievers it would be a good way to do it. It would give credibility to the young earth theory and a world wide flood. It would confirm the accuracy of the bible. It would give credibility to the Genesis record of creation. Evolution would be dead in its tracks.

The creator has never promised such evidence to be presented in the last days but he does have a track record of stirring things up before he takes action and usually creates an alert. John the Baptist comes to mind. Practically every action God takes has some type of forerunner or warning preceding it.

Finding the Ark would be a good way to do it. So far most of the so called "finds" have been people wanting to sell something or raise money. Often they are simply liars clothed in religious disguises.

My (wishful) thinking is that the Ark has been preserved , and the God of Noah intends to use it for some future purpose. If it exists it is encased in snow and ice.

It would take a cycle of abnormal global warming to melt the snow and ice.

Seen any of that lately?

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009

If the creator wanted to get the attention of the unbelievers it would be a good way to do it. It would give credibility to the young earth theory and a world wide flood....

How, pray tell would it give any credibiliy to a "young earth theory" when the earth is not young? Scripture does not say the earth is young.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
How, pray tell would it give any credibiliy to a "young earth theory" when the earth is not young? Scripture does not say the earth is young.

I think you missed my point Jerry. The world laughs at the Noah's ark story , the world laughs at the young earth record of genesis. The laughter would stop if Noah's Ark was actually found.

I suspect there might
even be a few Christians who say ".... holy crap ... you mean this stuff is actually true .... !!!!:)"

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Christians need to stop getting too excited with all these Noah's ark claims that come out every few years. There's a very real possibility the ark is not intact and it won't be found. A long time has passed.

I also wished that Christians would stop with all this "young earth" nonsense. Its an eye sore for Christianity. It doesn't compute. I believe the human race is probably no more than 6000 years old, but the earth is at least 4.5 billion years old.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Christians have proved gullible because we are willing to believe something. The business world knows this. We are way to trusting.

However, this Noah's Ark thing............ Has been proven to be fake, by real scientist that know what they are doing.

http://www.examiner.com/x-44168-Philadelphia-Freethought-Examiner~y2010m4d28-Oops-Nevermind-RandallPriceNotedArkHunter-says-latest-find-is-fake

Scholarly Squad Debunks Biblical 'Discoveries'

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/scholarly-squad-debunks-biblical-discoveries-noahs-ark-related-and-otherwise/19460930

We knew this already though..................

Jesus Is Lord.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
I also wished that Christians would stop with all this "young earth" nonsense. Its an eye sore for Christianity. It doesn't compute. I believe the human race is probably no more than 6000 years old, but the earth is at least 4.5 billion years old.

You have been suckered my friend Robster. It is impossible for the earth to be that old without violating most of the known laws of physics. It is only the diehard evolutionist who requires an old earth and even he changes disguises on a regular basis as his theory continues to be exposed as nonsense.

I am not interested in an argument about these things but will simply point out that the evolutionist once claimed the earth was 500,000 years old. He ran into a lot of snags so changed it to millions of years. Continuing to run into more snags he has changed it to billions of years which causes a whole bunch of new snags.

The earth was made in a short time by a Creator.
It did not come about on its own by dreamed up billion year time equations.
All of earth and nature has to be set in place in a short period of time for it to be able to function.

Martin W.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
You have been suckered my friend Robster. It is impossible for the earth to be that old without violating most of the known laws of physics. It is only the diehard evolutionist who requires an old earth and even he changes disguises on a regular basis as his theory continues to be exposed as nonsense.

I am not interested in an argument about these things but will simply point out that the evolutionist once claimed the earth was 500,000 years old. He ran into a lot of snags so changed it to millions of years. Continuing to run into more snags he has changed it to billions of years which causes a whole bunch of new snags.

The earth was made in a short time by a Creator.
It did not come about on its own by dreamed up billion year time equations.
All of earth and nature has to be set in place in a short period of time for it to be able to function.

Martin W.

I certainly don't believe I've been suckered by anyone. The Lord Himself stated that a Day with Him is like a 1000 years. I also know that we have what appears to be a gap in the Book of Genesis, between creation of the earth and creation of mankind. There are a lot of things that we have not been given details regarding what occurred before the human race was created by God. One of those things appears to be that satan may have had a kingdom on earth. We don't even have a grasp of when the rebellion occurred in Heaven.

Far too many Christians seem to think that believing in a universe that's 4.5 billion years old somehow discredits the faith or the Bible, but it doesn't. I understand the agenda that's pushed by evolutionists, but the scientific findings of today aren't discrediting the Bible one bit. We don't know how much time elapsed before God created the human race, therefore 4.5 billion years is really not that unreasonable given that eternity is not bound by the same time measurements.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
This has all been debated before........................

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void.

Now the gap theory.......... Very big question. It's not that important, but both thoughts do hold water.

Everything about age is just speculation. One thing evolutionist need to factor in there equation is TIME. Something don't work out, just add a few more billion years.

The Word void in Hebrew means destroyed. Laid waste. same with Jer 4:23......... It gives the impression that something had happened to the earth. Was something here before? Were the Angels here? Was that when Satan went mad and everything got messed up? Hard to tell. Could there have been dinosaurs then?

Peter makes a interesting statement.

2Pe 3:5
For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Why would Peter say it this way, Nobody was ignorant about Noah's flood. In Noah's flood the water covered the Whole earth, this flood left land visible. Could this be something before Adam? Peter already had mentioned Noah's flood, why again?

There are different ways of looking at these things, but a Earth a few million years old could explain some things and still prove evolutionist wrong. Billion's of years is way off from just a few million.

Then again, I don't think it really matters, we will find out soon enough.

Jesus Is Lord.

01CobraVortech

May 2, 2010
NJ
Sure millions vs. billions of years seems like an inconceivable amount of time for us to conceptualize, but the Bible provides no indication whatsoever of how much time has elapsed from the beginning of when it was all created and from the time the human race was created. Christians seem to think that if they agree with science's educated guess of the age of the universe that some how they are strengthening the evolutionists argument, but it should never be looked at this way. Modern science has discovered a great about this world and universe. Whether the information is genuinely from man or an outside source, is a whole other debate. But even I'm impressed with the scientific findings of our time. Just look at how the leading particle physicists, at the end of the 20th century, came to a conclusions that we live in a 10 dimensional world. Sure Nachmanides figured this out in the 13th century by studying the Book of Genesis, but come on people lets give science and archaeology a little respect because their findings support the Bible's claims. To think that the earth and universe are just 6000 years old just opens up Christianity to well deserved ridicule. Science will never explain the origin of information, but let's not start going down the road that we can't believe anything science has to say about the origins of the universe because we may be making a case for the evolutionists. That's simply not the case.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Christians need to stop getting too excited with all these Noah's ark claims that come out every few years. There's a very real possibility the ark is not intact and it won't be found. A long time has passed.

for all we know, Noah may have used the ark for firewood when they got out....his 3 sons may have cut it up to make new homes for themselves lol :D