Non-denominational KJV-only Churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am understanding you correctly you are saying you are against the written words in the Bible. If so... this is a seriously flawed way of thinking, my friend.

They have an 11 point font (lamb skin) KJB Note Taking Bible at the KJV Store.
Three downsides (Maybe):

#1. It is 115 bucks, and
#2. it will not ship until March or April.
#3. It’s not Giant Print or Large font. It’s regular font size (11 point font) but it’s not a 9 point like other note taking Bibles (Which is really small). Large print is generally 16 to 18 point size. Giant print is anything larger than this. Regular print is usually 10 or 12 point.

Here is the link (if you are interested in buying it):

KJV Note Taker's Bible - Lambskin Edition

How very kind of you to post that!♥ Tis a tad pricey.

:)

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am certainly against referring to the written words recorded in our Bibles, but I am not the only one who does that. There are people on this forum who do that but disagree with my conclusions. God understands the 'why' of that. The difference is in the Holy Spirit leading or not. Does any believer ever quench the Holy Spirit and sometimes lead himself or allow his old ways to lead? Have I ever quenched the Holy Spirit myself...? What happens when anyone does that? Error?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem. 10:23

Jesus said to others,
“…the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” (John 6:63).

Peter said to Jesus,
“Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.” (John 6:68).

Jesus said to the Father,
“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.” (John 17:17).

“if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” (Isaiah 8:20).

The apostle Paul says,
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17).

The whole point of the Parable of the Sower in Matthew 13:18-23 is receiving the seed of the Communicated Word of God (Salvation in Jesus or salvation in the gospel message as found in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4). We know from the parable of the weeds that the sower is the Son of Man (Matthew 13:37). For Luke 8:11 tells us that the seed is the Word of God.

“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.” (1 Peter 1:23-25).

No doubt you think that Jesus was criticizing how the words of God are not a means of eternal life by John 5:39.

For Jesus said:
“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.” (John 5:39-40).

However, the point that Jesus was trying to make with the Jews was not that one cannot have eternal life by the Scriptures, but the Scriptures testified of Him and that the Jews needed to come to Jesus in order to have life (But they simply were not coming to Jesus so as to have life). So the point is that if a person thinks that one can have eternal life by the Scriptures and yet they reject Jesus, they are missing the whole point of the Scriptures because the Scriptures testify of Jesus. Many of the OT Scriptures pointed ahead to Jesus Christ in the OT narratives, Messianic prophecies, the sacrifices, and with the Pre-Incarnate appearances of Christ.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How very kind of you to post that!♥ Tis a tad pricey.

:)

Yeah, the high price is a downside. But it’s a matter of perspective. If it is something you feel is worth it in the long term, then price would not matter (Unless it is way outside your budget and expenses).

Two books I think are a must if you read the KJB are…

#1. Defined King James Bible.
#2. Archaic words and the Authorized Version by Laurence Vance.

Defined King James Bible:
The Defined King James Bible - Medium Print (Hardback, Black Letter)

full

full

full

Archaic words and the Authorized Version:
https://www.amazon.com/Archaic-Words-Authorized-Version-Laurence/dp/0982369735

full

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am understanding you correctly you are saying you are against the written words in the Bible. If so... this is a seriously flawed way of thinking, my friend.
I am not against the written scriptures. I read and study them daily while also talking to God and have done so for a great many years. But... without the Holy Spirit are the written words not an empty shell, like the dead body of Jesus, on the cross or in the tomb, before the Resurrection?

"Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart.
And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:3-6

Atheists reading the Bible with the wrong spirit or attitude [not the Holy Spirit] for their own selfish purposes are like Satan, who tried to use the words of Scripture [Psalm 91] against Jesus [the Word of God] quite unsuccessfully. Jesus came back at Satan with another Scripture, but what Jesus said [Deut 8:3] was Alive and with power [see Matt 4:3ff].

Sometimes believers, who move ahead of God following their own head knowledge of the Bible instead of being led by the Holy Spirit, do the same things as those atheists and Satan. One result we see from this is a multitude of denominations based on the Bible, sometimes even the KJV of the Bible with often diametrically opposed doctrines of beliefs held. Mixed messages containing some truth and some error... very much like the Samaritans of old.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not against the written scriptures. I read and study them daily while also talking to God and have done so for a great many years. But... without the Holy Spirit are the written words not an empty shell, like the dead body of Jesus, on the cross or in the tomb, before the Resurrection?

"Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart.
And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:3-6

Atheists reading the Bible with the wrong spirit or attitude [not the Holy Spirit] for their own selfish purposes are like Satan, who tried to use the words of Scripture [Psalm 91] against Jesus [the Word of God] quite unsuccessfully. Jesus came back at Satan with another Scripture, but what Jesus said [Deut 8:3] was Alive and with power [see Matt 4:3ff].

Sometimes believers, who move ahead of God following their own head knowledge of the Bible instead of being led by the Holy Spirit, do the same things as those atheists and Satan. One result we see from this is a multitude of denominations based on the Bible, sometimes even the KJV of the Bible with often diametrically opposed doctrines of beliefs held. Mixed messages containing some truth and some error... very much like the Samaritans of old.
Yes, this is why I prefer my own created term called: “Bible Alone + the Anointing to Understanding It” instead of saying, “Sola Scriptura.” (Even though I may use the term Sola Scriptura with some people).

I am not discounting that there are unbelievers who try to read the Bible and never get it. But if one believes the Bible as they read it, then God can talk to them and move in their heart and life. If a believer asks God for the understanding by the Holy Spirit, then they will see things that they would not have otherwise seen before. So yes. No doubt about it that the Bible is a spiritual book that needs GOD to help the reader to understand it properly. I was simply getting the impression before that you were not for the actual words on the page within the Bible as having any authority for all matters of faith and practice. If that is not what you meant, then I am happy to hear that. But I believe a person cannot be saved without the Bible and without continuing in studying it. For a person who speaks against the Bible in my view is not really a follower of God or Christianity because that is how we get the faith to begin with.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rereading my post #19 I realized there was critical typo on my part. I omitted the word "Not". I have now corrected it inserting the word in blue! Sorry about that.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rereading my post #19 I realized there was critical typo on my part. I omitted the word "Not". I have now corrected it inserting the word in blue! Sorry about that.

I am super happy to hear it, brother. I was a little worried about your previous statement from before.

Blessings to you in the Lord today.

Reactions: amadeus