Nondenominational Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot show the the Catholic Church at the time of the apostles.
I will help you with the history of YOUR Christian faith since you have decided not to teach yourself.

The Church has always been catholic (small "c") which means universal. In the Letter of Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans VIII (107AD) the word catholic was first used to describe The Church. Around the year 155 AD Polycarp also used the word catholic when describing The Church. When they wrote that word they did not explain what they meant by catholic so it can be assumed that all Christians knew what they were talking about when they used the word. Both men were CLEARLY Catholic (big "C") in their teachings and both men are said to have been students of the Apostle John.

In general over the years when other "churches" started popping up the Catholic (big "C") Church had to distinguish itself by name and eventually by it's seat of authority when it started associating itself to Rome.

So the history of my Church goes back 1900+ years. What is the history of your Church?

Historical Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will help you with the history of YOUR Christian faith since you have decided not to teach yourself.

The Church has always been catholic (small "c") which means universal. In the Letter of Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans VIII (107AD) the word catholic was first used to describe The Church. Around the year 155 AD Polycarp also used the word catholic when describing The Church. When they wrote that word they did not explain what they meant by catholic so it can be assumed that all Christians knew what they were talking about when they used the word. Both men were CLEARLY Catholic (big "C") in their teachings and both men are said to have been students of the Apostle John.

In general over the years when other "churches" started popping up the Catholic (big "C") Church had to distinguish itself by name and eventually by it's seat of authority when it started associating itself to Rome.

So the history of my Church goes back 1900+ years. What is the history of your Church?

Historical Mary

So what on Ignatius? That does not make it the RCC.

Typical Catholics spin. First to find Catholic is universal, then put it under Peter and claim the Catholic Church has always existed.

Does not fly since Peter is not the foundation of the church, never was the Bishop of Rome and never went to Rome.

No your church does not date back 1900+ years.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what on Ignatius? That does not make it the RCC.

Typical Catholics spin. First to find Catholic is universal, then put it under Peter and claim the Catholic Church has always existed.

Does not fly since Peter is not the foundation of the church, never was the Bishop of Rome and never went to Rome.

"So what" on what you say or any of your post reformation ilk?

What is the history of your Church?

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you the teachings of my Church which began 1900 years ago. Those teachings mirror scripture and trace their roots to the Apostles John. You have failed, once again, to produce the roots of your teaching.

Would you care to try again?

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The history of my church is simple. It was founded and built upon Jesus and preach by his apostles.
So you are Catholic? ;)

Who, from your Church, did the Apostles pass their teachings to? I have already shown you mine: Ignatius and Polycarp!

It seems you are to embarrassed to reveal who gave you your teachings. Why are you embarrassed about it? Or do you even know from whom you obtained your teachings/doctrines/dogmas?

curious Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you the teachings of my Church which began 1900 years ago. Those teachings mirror scripture and trace their roots to the Apostles John. You have failed, once again, to produce the roots of your teaching.

Patient Mary

No they don't. Your church is the harlot of Revelation.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The history of my church is simple. It was founded and built upon Jesus and preach by his apostles.
Please name a student of an Apostle and show me that their teachings matches with your beliefs.

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they don't. Your church is the harlot of Revelation.
You have failed, once again, to produce the roots of your teaching.

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A biblical Christian is a student of all the apostles.

My beliefs match their teachings. Yours violates them.
OK kiddo....that's what the Gnostics and Calvin and Luther and Joseph Smith etc. etc. thought also.

You have failed, ONCE AGAIN, to name a student of an Apostle who's teachings matches with your beliefs. Does it not concern you that you can't even give a reason for your beliefs?

Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK kiddo....that's what the Gnostics and Calvin and Luther and Joseph Smith etc. etc. thought also.

You have failed, ONCE AGAIN, to name a student of an Apostle who's teachings matches with your beliefs. Does it not concern you that you can't even give a reason for your beliefs?

Mary
Do you even know what Gnosticism is? Obviously not having said that.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you even know what Gnosticism is? Obviously not having said that.
Thank you CoreIssue.....

At least I am able to give you the reason for my hope, faith and beliefs. I have done that based on scripture and Christian history.

All you do is snipe at me......How sad for you :(.

I gave you plenty of chances HOWEVER.....
You have failed, ONCE AGAIN!

The end....Mary