Not be a burden....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 3:8 (NASB)
nor did we eat anyone’s bread without paying for it, but with labor and hardship we kept working night and day so that we would not be a burden to any of you;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
‘so we would not be a burden to any of you’

Not being a burden to another is an act of love... Notwithstanding, in this act of love, is the confidence in God expressed... For in this desire of heart, is the heart of a servant manifested...

Scripture in another place says, ‘we should bear each other’s burdens’...Here it says, ‘not wanting to be a burden’, one is to the heart that would be the giver, the other is from the heart that would be the receiver... Both accomplish the same work, they elevate the other over oneself... Which is the taking of the servant’s place and is a manifestation of the scripture of the washing of another’s feet...

Even the more, not wanting to be a burden, is letting the other grow at their own pace, it does not force it’s will, it is a standing in the gap between another and Christ... For love, in all it’s manifestations, is the expression of the Spirit in one’s life... For as the Spirit is manifested in one’s life, the desire of one’s heart becomes less and less willing to burden another with own will, for it sees the opportunity to show love to another is always before it, for it has learned it is complete in itself when it has Christ...

Be blessed all in the manifestations of the Spirit of Love in the life...

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: Nancy and Pisteuo

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. “Be not a burden, but be there to carry others burden as the opportunity arises”. That is what love does. “Seeks not iher own...” What an inspiring message.

Reactions: Nancy and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. “Be not a burden, but be there to carry others burden as the opportunity arises”. That is what love does. “Seeks not iher own...” What an inspiring message.

Thanks, yes, as we become more like Him shall we not be a burden and the more burdens will we carry..

Be blessed in the becoming, Not me

Reactions: Pisteuo and Nancy