Not faith alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both faith and grace are God's part in salvation
God draws us and enables us, (John 6:44,65) but we must choose to place our faith in Jesus Christ for salvation. 1 Peter 1:9 - receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God draws us and enables us, (John 6:44,65) but we must choose to place our faith in Jesus Christ for salvation. 1 Peter 1:9 - receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.
End of faith not the beginning

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make your point....what you are doing with these one-liner, endless questions is against the forum rules...it is considered spamming.
  • Posting rather excessive, meaningless short replies outside of the Games Forum. Examples would be posts that simply say “Yes.” Or “I agree” and do not contribute to the actual discussion in meaningful form. It is absolutely fine to acknowledge your agreement, but please refrain from posting single-word replies. If multiple members do this, it begins to take up space and increases clutter.
We must choose to accept His grace, act of the will, and baptism Mk 16:16

Reactions: historyb and Mr C

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's error. When God draws a person that means they have been born again and given faith.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's error. When God draws a person that means they have been born again and given faith.

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptism!

CYRIL OF JERUSALEM
“If any man does not receive baptism, he does not have salvation.

St. AUGUSTINE
“There are three ways in which sins are forgiven: in baptism, in prayer, and in the greater humility of penance; yet God does not forgive sins except to the baptized” (Sermons to Catechumens on the Creed 7:15 [A.D. 395]).

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptism!

CYRIL OF JERUSALEM
“If any man does not receive baptism, he does not have salvation.

St. AUGUSTINE
“There are three ways in which sins are forgiven: in baptism, in prayer, and in the greater humility of penance; yet God does not forgive sins except to the baptized” (Sermons to Catechumens on the Creed 7:15 [A.D. 395]).
There's no way around it. When one is drawn by God it's the Spirit inwardly by the new birth that person is a new creation being drawn not the natural man who is dead spiritually

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Simple observation proves this to be completely false. It took me 4 or 5 years of God calling me for me to finally make the decision to surrender to God's mercy. And it was at that time that the Spirit came into me and I was born again. It's not even remotely true that I was born again during any of that period of years of hearing God's calling.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no way around it. When one is drawn by God it's the Spirit inwardly by the new birth that person is a new creation being drawn not the natural man who is dead spiritually
Born again by water AND the spirit

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put withi n you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Simple observation proves this to be completely false. It took me 4 or 5 years of God calling me for me to finally make the decision to surrender to God's mercy. And it was at that time that the Spirit came into me and I was born again. It's not even remotely true that I was born again during any of that period of years of hearing God's calling.
I'm sorry but I don't use men's personal experiences to judge salvation matters unless it's a bible character. However when a person is drawn by God they are born again by the Spirit.