Not faith alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was the One who went “ went out on a limb” with this Grace Thing.....” HE” is the One that said, “ I will REMEMBER YOUR SINS NO MORE” ....”HE” is the One who promised that “ where Sin abounds, Grace SUPER Abounds....”
God doesn’t want anybody to sin .But He knows that they will—— accidentally sometimes— on purpose other times (most of the time when you sin , there is a nanosecond right before you sin that you know what you are Doing is Wrong and you do it anyway! Fess up! You ain’t fooling anybody —- you are a MUCH worse Sinner than you think you are ! )
Here is what you and your crowd is Blind to.......Knowing I can Sin as much as I “ WANT” to and STILL be Saved, because my Salvation is Based on HIS BLOOD and My Faith in that Blood , and NOT on my Behavior (it’s a GIFT- remember? ) is the Impetus for Right-Living.The Gratitude, the Peace Of Mind, the Relief Of getting that Million Pound Weight Of Trying to somehow Make Myself “ Worthy” , spurs a Love for God that changes those Sinful “Wants” into GOD -Pleasing Wants .If and when the Reality Of Christianity ever indwells your Soul , you will experience the Assurance Of your Salvation and possess the constant Joy That NEVER leaves you. NEVER.
Here is the Truth that you can either choose to believe or ignore ....let’s hope one’s Salvation does not hinge upon it—— No Human Being will ever “Be Worthy” Of Heaven.....we are “ MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of The Lamb.If one does not have that knowledge —- that Faith in what “JESUS” did—ALONE— your Christian Walk is at best a Crippled one....it could even be no Christian Walk at all....If your Doctrine Of “ faith” , in the end, goes not give Jesus ALL of the Glory, and you NONE—- I think you May be in serious jeopardy...God Bless....
All you had to say was grace is our license to purposely sin and if you don't think so you're blind and in serious jeopardy.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That internal change will most likely manifest itself on the “ outside” of a person as time goes on— it does not “ have” to.....
John begs to differ with you........

1 John 3:9-10
9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child

John says you have to change because if you don't change you aren't born again and are not a child of God.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...A Child Of God Who sins either accidentally or on purpose will be punished for those Sins in his lifetime here on Earth —- Simply so that person will hopefully refrain from those sins in the future...
Assuming the person who is being chastised for his sin in 1 Corinthians 5 is a child of God, Paul said he had to be chastised so he could be saved when Jesus comes back.....

1 Corinthians 5:5
5hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the Day of the Lord.

Paul's use of the word 'may' means the chastisement may or may not be successful in causing his spirit to be saved when Jesus comes back. He's not saying him being killed makes it so he will be saved when Jesus comes back.

The destruction of the flesh does not mean letting satan kill this dude. It means putting to death the act of the flesh he is indulging. We know that because 1) that's not what happened to him—he was not killed by satan, and 2)if he was talking about actually dying, that would work, and he would not talk about it possibly working.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
” HE” is the One that said, “ I will REMEMBER YOUR SINS NO MORE” ...

Unless you continue wandering in sin; because he also said this:

Jeremiah 14:10 KJV
[10] Thus saith the Lord unto this people, Thus have they loved to wander, they have not refrained their feet, therefore the Lord doth not accept them; he will now remember their iniquity, and visit their sins.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless you continue wandering in sin; because he also said this:

Jeremiah 14:10 KJV
[10] Thus saith the Lord unto this people, Thus have they loved to wander, they have not refrained their feet, therefore the Lord doth not accept them; he will now remember their iniquity, and visit their sins.

Ever hear of a thing called the “ NEW” Testament? Why do you preach Old Testament Law when we are supposed to be under Grace ? God now “ remembers our sins NO MORE “ if we believe the Gospel Of 1 cor15:1-4.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assuming the person who is being chastised for his sin in 1 Corinthians 5 is a child of God, Paul said he had to be chastised so he could be saved when Jesus comes back.....

5hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the Day of the Lord.

Paul's use of the word 'may' means the chastisement may or may not be successful in causing his spirit to be saved when Jesus comes back. He's not saying him being killed makes it so he will be saved when Jesus comes back.

The destruction of the flesh does not mean letting satan kill this dude. It means putting to death the act of the flesh he is indulging. We know that because 1) that's not what happened to him—he was not killed by satan, and 2)if he was talking about actually dying, that would work, and he would not talk about it possibly working.

Paul speaks of Believers making it to Heaven that make it BARELY.....like a guy who was rescued from a burning house fire just in the+nick of time.....who do you think he was talking about?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John begs to differ with you........

1 John 3:9-10
9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child

John says you have to change because if you don't change you aren't born again and are not a child of God.

How’s that working for “ YOU”, personally? I bet you have done thousands of things that were not “ Right”—— even after you we’re Saved.....if you are going to make the case that you “ no longer sin”, please allow me to talk to your Spouse for a minute or two ....

John also says that if “ we say we have no sin, we call God a Liar....”
So what are we to think?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul speaks of Believers making it to Heaven that make it BARELY.....like a guy who was rescued from a burning house fire just in the+nick of time.....who do you think he was talking about?
He was talking about making into heaven with no rewards for ministry service, not purposely living in sin and still making it into heaven.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How’s that working for “ YOU”, personally? I bet you have done thousands of things that were not “ Right”—— even after you we’re Saved.....if you are going to make the case that you “ no longer sin”, please allow me to talk to your Spouse for a minute or two ....

John also says that if “ we say we have no sin, we call God a Liar....”
So what are we to think?
I don't purposely sin. I'm a new creation with a mind set on the Spirit. Sin has to take me kicking and screaming or has to trick me. The person who is sinning on purpose thinking he can do that because of God's grace does not have the mind of the Spirit. That person's mind is still set on the flesh. That person is not born again.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And we know he repented from Paul's 2nd letter and was accepted back into fellowship as a brother.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you preach Old Testament Law when we are supposed to be under Grace ?

I did not quote law: and even if I did, we establish the law; the law is not made void by grace (Romans 3:31). Paul also quoted the law (Ephesians 6:2). And all scripture is profitable to make us wise in our salvation through Christ (2 Timothy 3:15; Romans 15:4).