Not faith alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how a baby makes "a pledge of a good conscience toward God" in water baptism. And it's impossible for someone to make that pledge for you. My infant baptism did not relieve me of the responsibility to obey the Lord in water baptism and make a pledge of a good conscience after I believed in God as an adult. My infant baptism counted for nothing.

when the grows he is taught the faith then when child reaches the age of reason he is confirmed in the faith and makes the act of faith
Infants were not excluded from the mosaic covenant why would you exclude them from the new covenant?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the Bible say except infants? The household was baptized and many Protestants baptized infants

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when the grows he is taught the faith then when child reaches the age of reason he is confirmed in the faith and makes the act of faith
Infants were not excluded from the mosaic covenant why would you exclude them from the new covenant?
Being baptized as an infant has no bearing either way in regard to that infant being excluded or included in the New Covenant. All children are covered by grace until God deems them accountable for their sin and they die.

Romans 7:9
9Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

For me that was about the age of 14 or 15. That's when the commandment came and I died because of my sin. Before that, because I was a child, I was not accountable for my sins. But the day came when I knew better, and so when I sinned I died. Just as expected. So he could have mercy on me. :)

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does the Bible say except infants? The household was baptized and many Protestants baptized infants
Again, infants can't make a pledge of a good conscience—1 Peter 3:21. Until you are able to take on the responsibility of making a pledge of a good conscience toward God you are covered by God's grace.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being baptized as an infant has no bearing either way in regard to that infant being excluded or included in the New Covenant. All children are covered by grace until God deems them accountable for their sin and they die.

Romans 7:9
9Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died.

For me that was about the age of 14 or 15. That's when the commandment came and I died because of my sin. Before that, because I was a child, I was not accountable for my sins. But the day came when I knew better, and so when I sinned I died. Just as expected. So he could have mercy on me. :)

they still need baptism and grace in case they die before the age of reason

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, infants can't make a pledge of a good conscience—1 Peter 3:21. Until you are able to take on the responsibility of making a pledge of a good conscience toward God you are covered by God's grace.
Not without baptism jn 3:5

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 cor 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
Faith of the parents makes them Holy when baptized as infants

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 cor 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
Faith of the parents makes them Holy when baptized as infants
I don't think that's what sanctified means in that verse. It doesn't mean saved. It means the spouse and kids are declared clean so that the believer is not made unclean by them.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is, the Pope did. And he's supposed to be in the infallible succession of Peter!

Only on matters of faith and morals and addressing the universal church with apostolic authority and only if he is a valid pope to begin with, not sure he or his statements qualify, there’s been many anti-popes imposters by their fruits (teaching) you shall know them but the one true church founded by Christ on Peter continues

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See what the great popes wrote on Mary the ever Virgin mother of God and the holy rosary!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does

If something is not possible then it’s not required, besides this the parents and god parents have faith on the infants behalf and make a promise to raise the child in the faith, then when the child comes of age he is confirmed in the faith

Nowhere does the Bible say don’t baptize infants

Jesus said let the little children come to me!

acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
And to your CHILDREN!

Acts 16:15 whole household baptized! It does NOT say except infants!!!
You can dedicate your child to the Lord without placing him under the water. That is reserved for a believer.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you're hanging out in Methodist, and Presbyterian type churches, then yes you are probably encountering lots of unsaved works-centric people in the church of the kind I described in a previous post......

But if you hang around groups formed and led and attended by born again people you will find very few people among them who think doing right things earns them salvation. They're born again. That's how they know salvation is not given as wages owed for performing works. If they believed that they would not be born again......cause you can't be born again that way. Think about it.

I am sure there are churches out there that “get it right”........ I know of None in my area....I get my teaching on- Line......Ralph “ Yankee” Arnold.....Andrew Farley....
Rene Roland and others.....
I was raised in the Methodist Church ——- I could fill a Warehouse with their Bad Teachings.....other churches I have visited are essentially the same ...
They all have different versions of Perverted Gospels —- Jesus is Essential for Salvation, just Not ADEQUATE for Salvation .......all variations that essentially say, “ Jesus Saves— B U T !” Anything On the other side of that “ BUT” is Leaven . Never forget that.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, address my question I asked and don't divert. What does Hebrews 10:26-31 say is the penalty for purposely and willfully abusing God's grace? Is the believing Christian exempt from that penalty? Does he have a license to purposely abuse the grace of God and get away with it and not go to the lake of fire for doing that? You've been claiming that you are not saying Christians have a license to sin. But it's obvious you have been saying that very thing.

God was the One who went “ went out on a limb” with this Grace Thing.....” HE” is the One that said, “ I will REMEMBER YOUR SINS NO MORE” ....”HE” is the One who promised that “ where Sin abounds, Grace SUPER Abounds....”
God doesn’t want anybody to sin .But He knows that they will—— accidentally sometimes— on purpose other times (most of the time when you sin , there is a nanosecond right before you sin that you know what you are Doing is Wrong and you do it anyway! Fess up! You ain’t fooling anybody —- you are a MUCH worse Sinner than you think you are ! )
Here is what you and your crowd is Blind to.......Knowing I can Sin as much as I “ WANT” to and STILL be Saved, because my Salvation is Based on HIS BLOOD and My Faith in that Blood , and NOT on my Behavior (it’s a GIFT- remember? ) is the Impetus for Right-Living.The Gratitude, the Peace Of Mind, the Relief Of getting that Million Pound Weight Of Trying to somehow Make Myself “ Worthy” , spurs a Love for God that changes those Sinful “Wants” into GOD -Pleasing Wants .If and when the Reality Of Christianity ever indwells your Soul , you will experience the Assurance Of your Salvation and possess the constant Joy That NEVER leaves you. NEVER.
Here is the Truth that you can either choose to believe or ignore ....let’s hope one’s Salvation does not hinge upon it—— No Human Being will ever “Be Worthy” Of Heaven.....we are “ MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of The Lamb.If one does not have that knowledge —- that Faith in what “JESUS” did—ALONE— your Christian Walk is at best a Crippled one....it could even be no Christian Walk at all....If your Doctrine Of “ faith” , in the end, goes not give Jesus ALL of the Glory, and you NONE—- I think you May be in serious jeopardy...God Bless....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Saves— B U T !” Anything On the other side of that “ BUT” is Leaven . Never forget that.

This is no BUT; however you may think of it as such. Jesus saves us, not only from the penalty of our sins, but from our sins themselves (Matthew 1:21).

Knowing I can Sin as much as I “ WANT” to and STILL be Saved, because my Salvation is Based on HIS BLOOD and My Faith in that Blood , and NOT on my Behavior (it’s a GIFT- remember? )

The application of His blood will affect my behaviour.

It does not only justify (as per Romans 5:9)...it also sanctifies (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanseth us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

And this is done in the practical sense (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

Is it possible that the blood of Jesus would be applied to anyone and not perform all of its functions?

When applied, can the blood justify a man without also sanctifying and cleansing him from all sin, unrighteousness, and iniquity (1 John 1:7, 1 John 1:9, Titus 2:14)?

Here is the Truth that you can either choose to believe or ignore ....let’s hope one’s Salvation does not hinge upon it—— No Human Being will ever “Be Worthy” Of Heaven.....we are “ MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of The Lamb.

Amen...and this "worthiness" is not impractical (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

If your Doctrine Of “ faith” , in the end, goes not give Jesus ALL of the Glory, and you NONE—- I think you May be in serious jeopardy...God Bless....

All the glory goes to Him for the work that He does in sanctifying the faithful.

We bear that fruit because we are connected to the vine. Apart from Him we can do nothing. (John 15:1-8)

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is no BUT; however you may think of it as such. Jesus saves us, not only from the penalty of our sins, but from our sins themselves (Matthew 1:21

When we put our TOTAL Trust in the Finished Work Of The Cross, God puts His Holy Spirit in us and He changes us on the inside . That internal change will most likely manifest itself on the “ outside” of a person as time goes on— it does not “ have” to.....
As far as “ penalty for sins” goes.....A Child Of God Who sins either accidentally or on purpose will be punished for those Sins in his lifetime here on Earth —- Simply so that person will hopefully refrain from those sins in the future.....God chastises the Saved for their OWN GOOD—- just as we Chastise OUR OWN Children .....they may not like it, they may not understand it, yet it is for their own benefit....
The “ penalty for sins” as far as our Salvation is concerned was paid for at the Cross if you are a Believer .....Because Of what Jesus did FOR us.... God not only forgives our sins- He actually “ Forgets” Them , casting them into the deepest depths of the Ocean and as far as the East is from the West.....