Not many will make it through the GREAT TRIBULATION. Because of no faith.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
It will take true faith in the Lord alone to make it through the upcoming great tribulation. this is the testing of the faith coming up as the two witnesses of the Lord shut down the world and usher in the Kingdom of God.

These are scriptures that tell what it will be like through the great tribulation.

30 "Therefore prophesy against them all these words, and say to them: 'The Lord will roar from on high, And utter His voice from His holy habitation; He will roar mightily against His fold. He will give a shout, as those who tread the grapes, Against all the inhabitants of the earth.
31 A noise will come to the ends of the earth-- For the Lord has a controversy with the nations; He will plead His case with all flesh. He will give those who are wicked to the sword,' says the Lord."
32 Thus says the Lord of hosts: "Behold, disaster shall go forth From nation to nation, And a great whirlwind shall be raised up From the farthest parts of the earth.
33 And at that day the slain of the Lord shall be from one end of the earth even to the other end of the earth. They shall not be lamented, or gathered, or buried; they shall become refuse on the ground.
34 "Wail, shepherds, and cry! Roll about in the ashes, You leaders of the flock! For the days of your slaughter and your dispersions are fulfilled; You shall fall like a precious vessel.
35 And the shepherds will have no way to flee, Nor the leaders of the flock to escape.
36 A voice of the cry of the shepherds, And a wailing of the leaders to the flock will be heard. For the Lord has plundered their pasture,
37 And the peaceful dwellings are cut down Because of the fierce anger of the Lord.

1 Behold, the Lord makes the earth empty and makes it waste, Distorts its surface And scatters abroad its inhabitants.
2 And it shall be: As with the people, so with the priest; As with the servant, so with his master; As with the maid, so with her mistress; As with the buyer, so with the seller; As with the lender, so with the borrower; As with the creditor, so with the debtor.
3 The land shall be entirely emptied and utterly plundered, For the Lord has spoken this word.
4 The earth mourns and fades away, The world languishes and fades away; The haughty people of the earth languish.
5 The earth is also defiled under its inhabitants, Because they have transgressed the laws, Changed the ordinance, Broken the everlasting covenant.
6 Therefore the curse has devoured the earth, And those who dwell in it are desolate. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, And few men are left.

The way to fix the problem is to ask God for His Spirit in faith.

Then walk in it.

This is mass destruction caused by people killing people.

33 And at that day the slain of the Lord shall be from one end of the earth even to the other end of the earth. They shall not be lamented, or gathered, or buried; they shall become refuse on the ground.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
For those who can hear what is said Matt 24 has great insight.

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.
5 For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.
6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake.
10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another.
11Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
15 "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand),
16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house.
18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes.
19But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!
20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened.
23 Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe it.
24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.
25 See, I have told you beforehand.
26 Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it.
27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

No one even asks how?

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Some will make it and some won't,it is wise to spend more time considering whether or not you will make it rather than specualate about others not making it.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Some will make it and some won't,it is wise to spend more time considering whether or not you will make it rather than specualate about others not making it.

The messengers of God who will usher in the great tribulation and His Kingdom have been given to know these things.
I am guaranteed to make it to day 1260 in the flesh then I lay it down.
How about you Strat?
What do you know about yourself?

Anything?

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Peter writes, "But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. . . . Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire! But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, since you wait for these, be zealous to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace" (2 Pet. 3:8–14).

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Peter writes, "But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. . . . Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire! But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, since you wait for these, be zealous to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace" (2 Pet. 3:8–14).

Amen neophyte

That peace comes through faith in God which will see those who poses it through anything. Asking God is the way to that faith and peace.

After Christ's thousand year reign the present earth and heavens will be dissolved as Peter wrote in that writing.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
The messengers of God who will usher in the great tribulation and His Kingdom have been given to know these things.
I am guaranteed to make it to day 1260 in the flesh then I lay it down.
How about you Strat?
What do you know about yourself?

Anything?

My bible tells me that presumption is not a good thing and that i am to work out my salvation with fear and trembling,not somebody else's...being one of God's "messengers" i'm sure you are not restrained by such mortal limitations.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
My bible tells me that presumption is not a good thing and that i am to work out my salvation with fear and trembling,not somebody else's...being one of God's "messengers" i'm sure you are not restrained by such mortal limitations.

How is it that you claim to read a bible being guilty of presumptions and not restrained in any good way?

7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

The way to faith to make it through the great tribulation is by asking God.

7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
How is it that you claim to read a bible being guilty of presumptions and not restrained in any good way?

The way to faith to make it through the great tribulation is by asking God.

So the passage that tells us to work out our salvatiuon with fear and trembling means nothing....just extra words to fill up space ?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
So the passage that tells us to work out our salvatiuon with fear and trembling means nothing....just extra words to fill up space ?

If you haven't looked at what you are supposed to be doing to work it out and who you are supposed to be fearing yes they are empty worthless words.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sounds like it is all up to us!

I would rather leave my salvation up to God than spend one minute worrying about having enough faith to get through some tribulation.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
sounds like it is all up to us!

I would rather leave my salvation up to God than spend one minute worrying about having enough faith to get through some tribulation.

Then you don't believe it is coming. But it is. Killing the messenger has never worked. It will still overtake especially those who didn't believe. God already has your salvation regardless of what you think. But if you wouldn't listen to Matthew, John, Peter, Jude, James and Paul why would you listen to me?

They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

12 And in that day the Lord God of hosts Called for weeping and for mourning, For baldness and for girding with sackcloth.
13But instead, joy and gladness, Slaying oxen and killing sheep, Eating meat and drinking wine: "Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die!"
14 Then it was revealed in my hearing by the Lord of hosts, "Surely for this iniquity there will be no atonement for you, Even to your death," says the Lord God of hosts.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tribulation already happened

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Tribulation already happened

The great tribulation has not come yet. It comes with the Lord's two prophets shutting up the heavens for three and a half years and turning the waters of earth to blood. Then it will take faith in the Lord alone to make it through.

Matthew 24
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Dan 12
1 ------- And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great tribulation has not come yet. It comes with the Lord's two prophets shutting up the heavens for three and a half years and turning the waters of earth to blood. Then it will take faith in the Lord alone to make it through.

Matthew 24
Dan 12
1 ------- And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time.

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/19-a-study-of-matthew-24

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I am not interested in a website. There are thousands of them proclaiming falsehood all over the net. If you read mat 24 you know it has not come yet.

-- You do realize you are on a website, don't you?
As far as giving a link and nothing else, I reject them, as well.
It is rather rude to just provide a link without explanation and leave the person to access and wade through it to learn the point you are starting to make.

Aspen, what exactly was your point?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
-- You do realize you are on a website, don't you?
As far as giving a link and nothing else, I reject them, as well.
It is rather rude to just provide a link without explanation and leave the person to access and wade through it to learn the point you are starting to make.

Aspen, what exactly was your point?

This is a christian debate forum. Which is quite a bit different..

Status
Not open for further replies.