Not on your own

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being without the care, guidance, and protection of God is a bad thing. In fact, I would take it a step further and say it is dangerous: Whoever doesn’t have God and his mercy puts both their lives and salvation in peril.

The story of Noah in the Book of Genesis best exemplifies what happens to people who belong to God and those who don’t. A global flood was going to occur, leaving the world devastated: Death and destruction would take place everywhere. At the time most of the earth’s inhabitants were terrible people who practiced violence, as Genesis 6:11 says. They were deeply sinful people who didn’t have God in their lives, instead preferring to kill each other and do harm to their neighbor. But on the other hand there was Noah, the only godly man with a godly family alive during those days. Genesis 6:9-22 talks about how God told Noah about the catastrophic flood that was destined to happen in the near future; and the scripture elaborates on how God gave him instructions to ride out the flood in a great ark so he and his family wouldn’t die, going so far as to provide specific building instructions to ensure survival. Nobody else received the prophetic message from God about the horrible disaster that would cause so much death, since they were so ungodly; it was only Noah and his family who received the heads-up.

What can be gleaned from the account of Noah? It’s that God invariably protects the righteous who have his Holy Spirit. He spares the godly from horrible things that could happen to them, ensuring they stay safe and don’t die or otherwise suffer great harm. But what happens to people who practice atrocious sins like violence and never repent? God won’t bother to protect them or give them a heads-up about a pending disaster. For example, let’s say there is an atheist who hates God, and he is destined to get robbed at gun-point on the street and shot, dying from fatal injuries. Our heavenly father will not tell the atheist about the upcoming act of evil that will happen to him. Why? Because atheists turn their back on God, so God turns his back on them.

But what if there is a parallel dimension where the atheist destined to die from gun injuries is a Christian? Everything else in life is the same: He has the same job, the same spouse and family, the same everything. In fact, the parallel dimension is so similar that everything is the same, but not his beliefs: He is a Christian on the foreign dimension, an atheist on this one. In this scenario, God would make sure his faithful adherent wouldn’t die from the robbery. God could give him the heads-up in a dream or otherwise do something to cause the Christian not to go to the street where he would likely get robbed and killed.

I decided to write this post to share my wisdom with other Christians, explaining how important it is for all believers to put God first and foremost in their lives so his Holy Spirit will protect their lives. We must never turn our backs on God and his commandments, otherwise we risk great peril that could happen to us: We could die, we could suffer great bodily harm, or something truly atrocious could happen to us if we lack the guiding, protective love of God.

I must confess there is another reason for writing this post. Recently I did something bad (nothing super bad though), and my actions deeply disappointed God. I don’t want to elaborate on what it was, but please take my word for it. What happened? Last night I was visited by a wicked spirit from hell, none other than the Devil himself. Satan kept me awake at night for most of the night, depriving me of sleep. When I tried to sleep, Satan injected me with poison, a very dreadful thing given that I don’t entirely know what his poison does to my body. Then I yelled at God after it had been happening for a while, cursing at him and expressing great anger for allowing such terrible torture to happen to me. God gave me a succinct, solitary response: “You’re on your own.”

Next God made a dream where he expressed his disappointment with what I had done. And yes, I admit it: I broke God’s commands with my inappropriate actions (which again I don’t want to talk about). His message is now clear to me. In fact, it’s so clear that I can’t deny anything or find poor rationalizations to excuse my bad behavior. His message is this: “Do not engage in sinful conduct, or else my Holy Spirit will not protect you from disaster.”

But I have repented from what I did. And let’s be fair: God was protecting me from being killed by Satan, because that is what Satan would have done if he could get away with it. But I was not protected from other disaster like poisoning.

I learned my lesson. I will not break God’s commands again. I must put our heavenly father first and foremost, and my safety in life will be assured.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The most important part of your post was contained in your first paragraph.

Remember that God does not offer us security, but He does tell us that we can be secure in who He is and the Life that he offers and that requires belief, faith and trust in Him on our part.

Reactions: Lambano

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being without the care, guidance, and protection of God is a bad thing. In fact, I would take it a step further and say it is dangerous: Whoever doesn’t have God and his mercy puts both their lives and salvation in peril.

I feel bad for you, having to go through this. Many of us have gone through something similar. You won't feel better by beating yourself up, nor by making all kinds of promises. You'll just have to meet future temptations more successfully.

God isn't going to throw you away, regardless. Avoiding possible pitfalls is wise. And yes, that happens often when we are listening to God, and obeying Him.