not worth a title

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When God created man in His image, that can’t be our physical bodies, which are a temporary home we leave at physical death - therefore to be made in His image, means that God made us an eternal spirit, and put us in mortal flesh.

Spirits can’t be destroyed. They must spend eternity somewhere.
It is my understanding that I have been born again of imperishable, or incorruptible seed (1 Peter 1:23), which tells me that my born-again spirit cannot sin. However, my former spirit did sin, and would have perished when consumed by eternal, spiritual fire.
I believe that there is the punishment of eternal fire, not the eternal punishment of fire. Therefore, I do not believe that anyone is going to suffer eternally.
God, knowing the end from the beginning, would have to have known that perhaps billions of people would suffer eternal agony before He created them. If He did this anyway, wouldn't this make Him far worse than all of the Hitlers, Maos, Stalins, Amins, and devils put together, since they are created, limited beings and He is all-knowing and all-possible?
I believe God is better than this, and I believe in reality, His eternal plans transcend our ability to comprehend.
I believe He has everything well-in-hand and that in the end, everything is going to be just ducky. As far as those who are not born-again goes? I believe they will perish, a.k.a., cease to exist.
mqdefault.jpg

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Sorry fokes I have to leave this thread for some time. I have many playstore games that are sitting on my hard drive unplayed. Time for some lengthy R&R.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
knock knock... whose there? a bald eagle that has no hair :cool: thats my poem

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my understanding that I have been born again of imperishable, or incorruptible seed (1 Peter 1:23), which tells me that my born-again spirit cannot sin. However, my former spirit did sin, and would have perished when consumed by eternal, spiritual fire.
I believe that there is the punishment of eternal fire, not the eternal punishment of fire. Therefore, I do not believe that anyone is going to suffer eternally.
God, knowing the end from the beginning, would have to have known that perhaps billions of people would suffer eternal agony before He created them. If He did this anyway, wouldn't this make Him far worse than all of the Hitlers, Maos, Stalins, Amins, and devils put together, since they are created, limited beings and He is all-knowing and all-possible?
I believe God is better than this, and I believe in reality, His eternal plans transcend our ability to comprehend.
I believe He has everything well-in-hand and that in the end, everything is going to be just ducky. As far as those who are not born-again goes? I believe they will perish, a.k.a., cease to exist.
mqdefault.jpg

Disagree that you can destroy a spirit.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
This means that belief systems arise from certain truths, not just pure belief without facts as you claim.
I would say it is the other way around. That beliefs arise from our lack of understanding of the facts.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The natural mind can reason until the end of time. Addict? According to the methadone clinic, I'm not an addict. Your, or my, reasoning is of no importance to me. I don't need to hear your opinion, I know what's up with me. It really doesn't, at this point, matter what anyone think, says, or does, I know what's up with me. So keep spinning you tires, going around in circles, or whatever it is you want to do. I've cared enough about you to tell you my story, so I'm done. I'm going to lay down. Shalom.
You back yet?

Reactions: Truman

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No one is a child of God until they’ve received Jesus, per John 1:12.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Just so you know that I read this.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Try me.

Much love!
You will find that underneath the layers of a addicts behaviour is a particular belief system that fuels that behaviour. Once the damages of the addiction itself reaches critical mass, they have to change what they are doing or suffer irreversible consequences. So they swap their current belief to -> (Insert belief escape hatch here)

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will find that underneath the layers of a addicts behaviour is a particular belief system that fuels that behaviour. Once the damages of the addiction itself reaches critical mass, they have to change what they are doing or suffer irreversible consequences. So they swap their current belief to -> (Insert belief escape hatch here)
No belief can cure addiction.

It’s not mere belief that sets someone free from bondage to drugs, it’s the regeneration power of Gods spirit that creates a new person, a born again creation, that the belief in, and the receiving Jesus of, Jesus as our savior sets in motion.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No belief can cure addiction.

It’s not mere belief that sets someone free from bondage to drugs, it’s the regeneration power of Gods spirit that creates a new person, a born again creation, that the belief in, and the receiving Jesus of, Jesus as our savior sets in motion.
Did you have a drug problem in the past?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Jesus came to give us a more abundant life, peace of mind and rest for our souls, and joy in the Holy Spirit - so He saves us from hell on earth now, and hell in the earth later, after we die.
Hell can't exist if God exists everywhere. Unless hell exists inside God himself, then that will make sense, kinda.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Rather, Just as God said would happen, when Man ate from the tree, Man died.

There's nothing to do with beliefs, it's cause and effect.

Much love!
Adam didn't take the fruit from the tree, or talk to the serpent. Eve did, then passed her primary belief to Adam.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
And there is the bottom line.

You choose to disbelieve in God. And that is on you.

Much love!
Okay. But that doesn't effect you, so why do you even care about telling me "That it's on me"

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Humanism: thoughts and ideas that originate in the mind of man.
They go on and on and on and on...and on and on...
Much like this conversation.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You just switched the sequence.

We were talking about the drug addict who becomes a Christian and stops using drugs. You've just described a person who becomes a Christian in order to stop using drugs. Which is not at all the same thing.

Jesus said it this way, Either make the tree good, or make the tree evil.

Either they stop because they are now Christian, or they are now Christian because they want to stop.

Much love!

Reactions: Truman