not worth a title

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
People and machines put food in cans. Not beliefs.

Much love!
Okay I admit it, belief isn't associated with everything people do, but it does most things.

I have heard those greedy food corporations have worked out how to put belief in a can.

Reactions: marks

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Adam ate from the tree, and when Adam ate, Man died.

And you have ZERO idea of Adam's beliefs.

Much love!
Genesis 3:6
6When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I'm just saying, Own your choice. Let's not kid anyone.

Much love!
If it's my choice, don't effect it by forcing the point that it's my choice. Forcing your equivalence of good on people will only return an equivalence of evil.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless I dabble in necromancy there's no reason I'd care about the dead.

The human race is dead, all born from Adam. Walking dead. Alive in a sense, but no connection to their Creator. And that's what life is.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it's my choice, don't effect it by forcing the point that it's my choice. Forcing your equivalence of good on people will only return an equivalence of evil.
You are right. I'm sorry! I've got to pay more attention. That was one of those "no added value" things. I appreciate it!

:)

Much love!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
When you talk about "belief system", that includes things like "believing that you are to eat", believing that "an aspirin helps a headache", stuff like that? Not just, Who is God?

Much love!
You could believe in or of everything to carry you through. But then you can just eat when you know your hungry, or use medication like a tool, not a crutch.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 3:6
6When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
I know, but what I'm saying is that we have insight to Eve, she "saw" it was pleasing to the eye, and good to eat, and would make one wise. These represent her beliefs, but we don't know Adam's beliefs. And her beliefs weren't correct, it wasn't good for food. It was deadly.

And it wasn't Eve eating that opened her eyes, it was Adam eating, and only then were both of their eyes opened, and they saw they were naked.

God told Adam to not eat from the tree. God held Adam responsible for eating from it. I think of it this way, that when Man ate from the tree, Man died.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean no added value.
I mean, I didn't contribute anything to this thread or to you with those posts, so, no added value. It's how I think of posts right before I delete them. But I missed those, and posted anyway. I try not to do things like that. Because what you said was exactly right. I push the obvious, and why? No good reason! What should I expect to get back? Nothing good. Or, now in this case, a very useful response. You called me on it.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You could believe in or of everything to carry you through. But then you can just eat when you know your hungry, or use medication like a tool, not a crutch.
Maybe what I'm trying to say is to ask where do we draw the line between believing and just knowing what is true.

Should we call our need to breath or eat a belief? Our ability to drive a car? I believe the car in front of me is real and will carry me to work, so I get in.

And I believe the Creator God Who came to me and made Himself known to me is Who He says He is.

I feel like I know both things experientially, as well as intellectually, so, there's that level of belief.

Maybe the real belief is when you actually get into the car, or when you actually know your Creator?

Much love!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I mean, I didn't contribute anything to this thread or to you with those posts, so, no added value. It's how I think of posts right before I delete them. But I missed those, and posted anyway. I try not to do things like that. Because what you said was exactly right. I push the obvious, and why? No good reason! What should I expect to get back? Nothing good. Or, now in this case, a very useful response. You called me on it.

Much love!
So where do we go with this now?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Maybe what I'm trying to say is to ask where do we draw the line between believing and just knowing what is true.

Should we call our need to breath or eat a belief? Our ability to drive a car? I believe the car in front of me is real and will carry me to work, so I get in.

And I believe the Creator God Who came to me and made Himself known to me is Who He says He is.

I feel like I know both things experientially, as well as intellectually, so, there's that level of belief.

Maybe the real belief is when you actually get into the car, or when you actually know your Creator?

Much love!
I think the division is not between what you believe or what you know while driving under conditions that are unpredictable. There needs to be some way our brain can help us in the unknowable future, that's what you're saying?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the division is not between what you believe or what you know while driving under conditions that are unpredictable. There needs to be some way our brain can help us in the unknowable future, that's what you're saying?
I'm more thinking we need what is outside of us, outside our universe, God.

Did you say you were a Christian, but not in a way that lets you into the rest of the board. May I ask in what way?

Much love!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I'm more thinking we need what is outside of us, outside our universe, God.

Did you say you were a Christian, but not in a way that lets you into the rest of the board. May I ask in what way?

Much love!
I was more the heretic fringe believing Christian, until I lapsed into a psychotic episode. After that I began to question the power of belief.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was more the heretic fringe believing Christian, until I lapsed into a psychotic episode. After that I began to question the power of belief.
Interesting!

I was "new age" in the early 80's before I became Christian. I was having a pretty fun time with "the powers of belief".

Are you then thinking that because we believe as we do, that the belief causes such things to be? That was my pre-christian thinking.

Much love!