Nothing much left to say

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What you describe about the benefits of believing in Jesus isn't a rare occurrence. Many people have reported significant changes in their behaviour and an improvement from how their lives used to be. Although, many people have reported the exact opposite even when they adhere to the same process of believing group (A) does. Group (A) doesn't understand how group (B) is not developing. Group (B) can't understand how to become like group (A)
What is actually happening here is a "point of surrender" the total acceptance of the particular belief. So group (A) have accomplished that and accept the belief as fact (Experiencing the quantifiable effect's) Group (B) haven't achieved that, so they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
No idea what you are talking about.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There you go. God wants. God's will. God's freedom. God's rule. Not ours

This is evasion. The OT clearly paints god as a vengeful tyrant whose anger and frustration results in him going on mass killing sprees to the extent that innocent babies and unborn babies get slaughtered in the process. Also ethnic cleansing, child mauling and a whole host of other pretty nasty behaviours. I put it to you that someone who is not discerning about the role models they choose to follow is a questionable person, for otherwise we might just as well worship Hitler or Pol Pott or Jimmy Savile.

Do as I say, not as I do, are the watchwords of tyrants and dictators.

There can be no peace, freedom or happiness whilst existing under the cosh of such a tyrant. It is for these kind of reasons that I know the defacto Christian concept of god to be in error.
God so loved the world that he gave his only son so that if we believe in him, we will not perish but have everlasting life. Nothing vengeful about that.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
God so loved the world that he gave his only son so that if we believe in him, we will not perish but have everlasting life. Nothing vengeful about that.
In which respect you are making the case that god has changed. He used to be a vengeful, wrathful, murderous god as described in the OT but has somehow since seen the error of his ways and is now all compassion and luvvy-dovey. But a perfect god would not need to change of course. So somewhere the religious dogma is in error or false.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course they do not understand because it has nothing at all to do with reincarnation.

You do realize that Satan was recreated as a creature that crawled on its belly right?

Genesis 3:14
"And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:"

That is literally reincarnation.

And while we are on this subject, the so called 'Serpent' that Satan was transformed into is what we call sperm.

Said sperm was placed in the loins of Adam to 'plant his Seed' into the ground (womb) of Eve. The result was Cain (thorns and thistles).

Cain was the first incarnation of Satan into Human form, thus completing the reincarnation process.

The so called 'dust' that the Serpent eats is the Seed of the Woman...

Genesis 3:15
"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

The Seed of the Woman is not Jesus. It is literally her Ovum. The head of the Serpent is bruised when entering the Egg.

Enmity is conception. Two becomes one...

Ephesians 2:15
"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace"

Euphemisms people. The Bible is full of them. It is the Meat of the Word.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Such thoughts aren’t normal in healthy persons. Right?
Not normal? How about Jobs story, or King David, or his son Solomon, how about Jeremiah who walked around weeping, or Jonah who prayed to fall into the deep dark sea, or pretty much all the writers of the Bible who you and other Christian's honour. Tell me what's normal about not wishing for death in a fake and corrupted world.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you still ignore the text. It states that the woman ate from the tree then handed the fruit to the man. She could not have done so if the fruit killed her unless you're going to speculate that the poison or whatever it was took time to kill them but then once again you would straying into the world of invention.

God said they would die that day, not instantly. I would suggest that it is you that is ignoring the text. Honestly, I think I am done with this conversation.

Genesis conceals the secrets of alchemy, its basic principles, that of the male and female principle of all things, the joining together of the male and female principles, the process of cohobation, gentle distillation causing vapour to rise, condense and fall back down and so on.
The story is there as padding to hold the allegorical secret. It is not literal.

Are you familiar with the Hermetical Triumph?

The Hermetical Triumph - Wikipedia

Herm.jpg
Do you understand what the image portrays? Does Isaiah 14:15 ring a bell?

Do you see the Sides of the Pit/Womb that Lucifer goes into to become Born Again? Thrust with the Sword of DNA?

Do you see the Fallopian Tubes leading out of the Sides of the Pit to combine with the Genetics in the Ovum Flask?

Do you see the Lake of Fire at the bottom where the Unsaved enter the Yoni?

Do you know what Vesta... aka... Tophet looked like? What she represents?

Do you see the Sun (Father) and Moon (Mother) combining their Serpent Seeds?

What about Taurus up there? Are you familiar with Hathor, the Golden Calf as the Womb of Horus/Moloch?

Those that pass though the Fire, pass through to Moloch, the Womb of Mystery Babylon.

What are the Crowns all about? A new King? A new Antichrist? Is that what you wish to become?

Is that a Phoenix inside the Sulfur symbol, or perhaps the Sovereign Prince of the Rose Croix?

"The Degree of Rose Cross teaches three things;—the unity, immutability and goodness of God; the immortality of the Soul; and the ultimate defeat and extinction of evil and wrong and sorrow, by a Redeemer or Messiah, yet to come, if he has not already appeared."

Rose Cross - Wikipedia

Who exactly is this 'Redeemer'? Be careful of what you wish for.

She can not possibly be the mother of all living for as you know, the rest of mankind, both male and female were created by god on the 6th day. And again I put it to you that if your concept of god is one that is perfect and one that can only create perfect things, then all the humans he created could not have inherited any genetic problems handed down from Adam. They would be new creations, sinless, blameless, not requiring redemption.

I explained this in detail. You assume they were created 'perfect', whatever that means. The entire point of the 'Fall' is just that. We are fallen, not perfect. To suggest otherwise is extremely contradictory to the rest of the Bible.

Have you ever heard of the World Egg?

Orphic-egg.png

World egg - Wikipedia

See the Serpent fertilizing the Ovum? That is the Forbidden Fruit. It creates a new Universe. You want Esoteric, there you go.

The Golden Cup the Harlot holds is your so called 'Philosopher's Stone' you wish to partake of so bad. It is the Forbidden Fruit...

Revelation 17:4
"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand
full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:"

The folks here are trying to prevent you from drinking that Hot Mess as you already did the last time you were conceived. The contents of the Golden Cup were in your Mom's belly after your dad did the wild thing. You partook, and here you are. The Unsaved will drink again. Is that what you want? Nummy nums. Drink it all down if that is what you so desire.

What about Salt, Sulfur and Mercury?

White Horse, Red Horse, Black Horse all combined into one...

FOURTH TREATISE.png
The Sons of God as Sulfur rain down onto Lot's Wife made of Salt to create the Hybrid Mercurius.
Yes, I get it. Alchemy. Rebis. Save your own self. Do the work yourself. Ego Ego Ego. Be a God. Be the next 33 Degree Antichrist. The Great Work of Freemasonic Fantasy. No thanks. Maybe it is too late for you to change your path. I have no idea.

I chose not to come back into this world. I could not care less if I came back as the King of the World. I am done with this place.

Good luck in your journey.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not normal? How about Jobs story, or King David, or his son Solomon, how about Jeremiah who walked around weeping, or Jonah who prayed to fall into the deep dark sea, or pretty much all the writers of the Bible who you and other Christian's honour. Tell me what's normal about not wishing for death in a fake and corrupted world.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
@Lapidem
I checked into the word "die" used in translating from the Hebrew:
Screenshot_2023-04-21-09-50-32-95_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
It may be that the original meaning about Adam and Eve dying when eating from the tree of knowledge isn't the same meaning as we term die.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He used to be a vengeful, wrathful, murderous god as described in the OT but has somehow since seen the error of his ways and is now all compassion and luvvy-dovey. But a perfect god would not need to change of course. So somewhere the religious dogma is in error or false.
I’ll put aside your blasphemous statements about God. Your dogma is in error and false. Sadly, you fail completely to grasp why the Old Covenant was replaced. HINT: Not for Christ’s sake but ours.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you go. God wants. God's will. God's freedom. God's rule. Not ours

This is evasion. The OT clearly paints god as a vengeful tyrant whose anger and frustration results in him going on mass killing sprees to the extent that innocent babies and unborn babies get slaughtered in the process. Also ethnic cleansing, child mauling and a whole host of other pretty nasty behaviours. I put it to you that someone who is not discerning about the role models they choose to follow is a questionable person, for otherwise we might just as well worship Hitler or Pol Pott or Jimmy Savile.

Do as I say, not as I do, are the watchwords of tyrants and dictators.

There can be no peace, freedom or happiness whilst existing under the cosh of such a tyrant. It is for these kind of reasons that I know the defacto Christian concept of god to be in error.
Nothing more to say here...

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I’ll put aside your blasphemous statements about God. Your dogma is in error and false. Sadly, you fail completely to grasp why the Old Covenant was replaced. HINT: Not for Christ’s sake but ours.
You know who else was judged for speaking blasphemy? Jesus. That's right Jesus was despised by the religious authorities of the day.

Reactions: Wrangler

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ChatGPT is more open and receptive than you. That is just f'd up.
You would rather heed political correctness and manufactured lies than the truth?
That is sad.

Be careful what you follow.
Hugs

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Are you familiar with the Hermetical Triumph?

I am familiar with many alchemic images and symbology including the Splendor Solaris you also referenced.

The picture shows wonderfully the whole process of the 2nd part of the Great Work. The GW is simply the actions of Nature. It is nothing sinister.

The fire below is the fire used by the alchemist to warm the flask but its direct heat is too fierce and so it is always placed beneath either a sand bath or water bath whose temperature is more easily regulated as needed throughout the processes to give differing levels of heat.

We see the flask itself which contains the male and female principles (symbolised by sun and moon which also symbolise gold and silver and other things), and which are the salt and Mercury. The totality of the picture depicts Nature and the process of heat producing vapour/mist which rises up (clouds), condenses, like dew, and falls back down like rain in a constant cycle. Represented by the flows of water coming from the hills. This is the process that occurs in the alchemical flask, mimicking Nature. As Above, So Below.
Allegorically the top part of the flask is the "heavens" and the salt/liquid substance at the bottom of the flask is the "earth". Thus Genesis:

Genesis 2:4-7:
"This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground. "

This passage describes the 2nd part of the GW. The cycle of the vapour/mist rising, condensing there as dew and then falling back down like rain to water the "earth" below. Same here:

Isaiah 45:8 ASV
"Distil, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, that it may bring forth salvation,
and let it cause righteousness to spring up together; I, Jehovah, have created it."

And here:

Deuteronomy 32:2
"My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb,
and as the showers upon the grass"

and here:

Job 36: 24-33
"Remember that thou magnify his work, which men behold. Every man may see it; man may behold it afar off.
Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out.
For he maketh small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to the vapour thereof:

Which the clouds do drop and distil upon man abundantly."

It should be noted that in this Great Work the alchemist himself does nothing except provide a suitable environment for Nature to do its thing. The alchemist is not evil, not doing anything he shouldn't. Nature is the operator of everything that occurs. The Stone is a product of Nature.

The crowns in the diagram I suspect represent the different stages that occur throughout the process. The salt and Mercury will first decompose, putrefy and turn jet black (the Crow or Raven stage). This is a vital stage for any transformation. Jesus explained it in his parables.

John 12:24
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit."

In other words, in order for nature to create something new, it must first reduce an existing thing to its prima material of which everything is made, like the bricks of a Lego set.

The cycle in the flask continues and eventually the substances turn brilliant White. The first crown. The White Stone. Healing. Allegorically the "flesh" that Jesus said we must eat. The process continues still and eventually the substance turns crimson red. The Red Stone. Immortality. Allegorically the "blood" that Jesus said we must drink.

And so on

I am also aware that this diagram and many others like it contain similar symbology to the Tracing Boards in Freemasonry and elsewhere. Though whether young masons are actually taught the true meaning of the symbols I can not say. I rather doubt it somehow.

The phoenix of course represents transformation which is what the entire process is about. The male and female principles that were separated out in the first stage of the GW are now reunited and fixed together in harmonious marriage.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Cont . . .

White Horse, Red Horse, Black Horse all combined into one...

As just explained they represent the 3 stages and colours of the 2nd part of the GW.

First Black (allegorically the "raven" or "crow")
Second White
Third Red (crimson, ruby etc)

This order (black to White) is seen in the allegorical story of Noah

Genesis 19:6-12
"And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made:
And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.
Also he sent forth a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of the ground;
But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark,
for the waters were on the face of the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her,
and pulled her in unto him into the ark. And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent
forth the dove out of the ark; And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth
was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

And he stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him any more."

Raven = Black stage
Dove = White stage

another clear message iterating the alchemist's flask and that repeating cycle of vapour, dew and rain is found in this story of Noah thus:

Genesis 19:1-3
"And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged; The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained; And the waters returned from off the earth continually:"

"windows of heaven were stopped" is the instruction that the glass flask must be hermetically sealed/stopped at the top in order to prevent the vapour from escaping.

and finally perhaps the most obvious reference:

Song of Solomon 5:10-16:
"My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand. His head is as the most fine gold, his
locks are bushy, and black as a raven. His eyes are as the eyes of doves by the rivers of waters, washed with milk, and fitly set. His cheeks"

All 3 colours referenced here

and my favourite verse:

Proverbs 3:13-20:
"Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is
better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou
canst desire are not to be compared unto her. Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. Her ways are
ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that

retaineth her. The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew."

Silver and Gold (allegorically sun and moon, male and female principles). The Stone can provide riches and honour on the one hand (through the transmuting of base metals into precious metals), and on the other hand it gives "length of days" i.e. immortality. She is a "tree of life", another confirmation we are talking about the Stone (Elixir) and to nail it home further that last paragraph yet again outlines that cycle in the alchemist's flask, earth, dew, rain etc.

There are endless references to the Stone, the processes and colours of the GW throughout the Bible. The same messages using the same allegorical terms are found in the Quran, Rig Veda and elsewhere. ONE consistent message of the Stone in all religions, hidden allegorically.

Quran
Surah Ar-Rum (Rome)

24. He sends down water (rain) from the sky, and therewith revives the earth
after its death. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who understand

Surah Al-Fatir or Al-Mala'ikah (The Originator or The Angels)

27. See you not that Allah sends down water (rain) from the sky, and We produce
therewith fruits of varying colours, and among the mountains are streaks white and
red, of varying colours and (others) very black.

It couldn't be more obvious to those with "eyes to see". Black, White, Red.

The message of the Stone is being hidden from mankind. The church keeps it from the flock. That is most wicked.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You would rather heed political correctness and manufactured lies than the truth?
That is sad.

Be careful what you follow.
Hugs
I love you Ziggy. So much that I break down and cry.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Where's that got you as a society? I can't see the benifits here. I do see how people treat each other via their beliefs. This theory about beliefs is the holy grail of psychology. Because so far most of the information we derive about human behaviours are addressing the effects of believing itself.
Peace in society is not the end Goal of Christian belief. The end goal of Christian belief is peace with God. And there are a few biblical warnings indicating that peace with the world is not God's intention for us.

Of course secular psychologists are not going to point to the obvious conclusion about beliefs. That they are spirits that overtake humans, who then desire to serve the spirit in question, to please them. All it takes is a little obedience to a spirit to become ensnared.

God is Spirit, but unlike these others, he is patient and gives us liberty. We must always make a choice to follow God. But try that in these other world beliefs and you are in for a harsh backlash.

Reactions: Brakelite