Nothing much left to say

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Everything I think of talking about sounds contrived and laboured(Well put some energy into it!) Let me be flat out honest with the people on this forum. Your rat-bags(Are they carry bags made from rats?) Your faith in Jesus makes you think your privileged and entitled to step on each other(Literally)

Last edited:
Reactions: Laurina and Keturah

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your rat-bags. Your faith in Jesus makes you think your privileged and entitled to step on each other.
I bet it felt good to get that off your chest. We are indeed, both rat bags AND privileged.

Regarding us stepping on each other, please - by all means - show us how we may better reflects God’s glory.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I bet it felt good to get that off your chest. We are indeed, both rat bags AND privileged.

Regarding us stepping on each other, please - by all means - show us how we may better reflects God’s glory.
Stop believing.

• Angry
Reactions: Keturah

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop believing.
Doesn't this contradiction God's word? Also, not sure how not believing would achieve your stated goal of getting us to stop stepping on each other.

my family and I will still serve Yahweh.
Joshua 24:15 (NOG)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Everything I think of talking about sounds contrived and laboured. Let me be flat out honest with the people on this forum. Your rat-bags. Your faith in Jesus makes you think your privileged and entitled to step on each other.
Well there you have it! .....and I'm sure there's a bucket of justified reasons which arrive at this conclusion.

I am sorry for my flawed brothers and sisters and I'm sorry for my own flaws. However it does not discourage me.
I think all of humanity has inherited that rattling bucket of bones. Those that rattle the loudest have not yet understood Grace.

One of us, John Newton, an enthusiastic slave trader who coined the song Amazing Grace got a window into this Grace.....I'm sure you know his story?....if you don't, it's well worth looking up online.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
“Don’t be unbelieving, but believing.” - Jesus of Nazareth
Where's that got you as a society? I can't see the benifits here. I do see how people treat each other via their beliefs. This theory about beliefs is the holy grail of psychology. Because so far most of the information we derive about human behaviours are addressing the effects of believing itself.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Doesn't this contradiction God's word? Also, not sure how not believing would achieve your stated goal of getting us to stop stepping on each other.

my family and I will still serve Yahweh.
Joshua 24:15 (NOG)
How can human beings achieve peace with each other while retaining their personal beliefs? If their personal beliefs vary from one person to another; how can peace be achievable (It's not happening now) With all the laws that are made to protect the rights of belief systems, there's still conflict. Unless everyone believes the same thing I can't see how people can ever create a peaceful society.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Where's that got you as a society? I can't see the benifits here. I do see how people treat each other via their beliefs. This is the holy grail of psychology, because so far most of our understanding of human behaviour is derived from the effects of believing.

Knowingly or unknowingly, you’re following Satan, not Jesus.

Reactions: amigo de christo

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop believing.
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Unfortunately, though, the light and the darkness interact here on planet Earth...Comparing the light and the darkness, the opposite of E/c2 would be z (absolute zero)/ d (darkness)...

Natural z/d - Nothing, empty space.
Mental z/d - Again nothing but empty space.
Spiritual z/d - z (laziness, coldness, hatred) / d (fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

Hope... There are times when we have got to have faith and hope when there is no intellectual reality behind what we are believing and hoping for. Otherwise we will just sit there in a paralyzing state fear, despair, and sorrow.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Well there you have it! .....and I'm sure there's a bucket of justified reasons which arrive at this conclusion.

I am sorry for my flawed brothers and sisters and I'm sorry for my own flaws. However it does not discourage me.
I think all of humanity has inherited that rattling bucket of bones. Those that rattle the loudest have not yet understood Grace.

One of us, John Newton, an enthusiastic slave trader who coined the song Amazing Grace got a window into this Grace.....I'm sure you know his story?....if you don't, it's well worth looking up online.
Was it not people's beliefs that green flagged the slave trade in the first place. Then wasn't it other people's beliefs that red flagged the slave trade (That has never been globally adopted) Which side of the belief equation is actually right? Since using the Bible as a ethical rule book on slavery can get you believing either way.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Unfortunately, though, the light and the darkness interact here on planet Earth...Comparing the light and the darkness, the opposite of E/c2 would be z (absolute zero)/ d (darkness)...

Spiritual z/d - z (laziness, coldness, hatred) / d (fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

Hope... There are times when we have got to have faith and hope when there is no intellectual reality behind what we are believing and hoping for. Otherwise we will just sit there in a paralyzing state fear, despair, and sorrow.
Umm. That ain't right. Cool kinda, but definitely not right. Where did you come up with that?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm. That ain't right. Cool kinda, but definitely not right. Where did you come up with that?
I am a Lab Tech and have operated / calibrated many spectrometers. OES measuring the emissions of light. AA measuring the absorbance of light. It dawned on me that there must be spiritual wavelengths as well. My testimony is similar to the old Methodist Circuit Riders... "During church one day at the end of the month a second and very heavy snow fell. He could not wait to trudge his way to the peak, for his soul felt full and the morning sermon had opened his eyes to something. The minister had preached long and eloquently. His theme was that most of mankind did not respond to the call of God because they did not feel His lovingkindness." - RS Sheffey

Reactions: Nancy

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Lab Tech and have operated / calibrated many spectrometers. OES measuring the emissions of light. AA measuring the absorbance of light. It dawned on me that there must be spiritual wavelengths as well. My testimony is similar to the old Methodist Circuit Riders... "During church one day at the end of the month a second and very heavy snow fell. He could not wait to trudge his way to the peak, for his soul felt full and the morning sermon had opened his eyes to something. The minister had preached long and eloquently. His theme was that most of mankind did not respond to the call of God because they did not feel His lovingkindness." - RS Sheffey
More on the old Methodist here... My Emotional Experience

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

iu

Reactions: dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was it not people's beliefs that green flagged the slave trade in the first place. Then wasn't it other people's beliefs that red flagged the slave trade (That has never been globally adopted) Which side of the belief equation is actually right? Since using the Bible as a ethical rule book on slavery can get you believing either way.
Unfortunately even the bible writers had their misunderstandings of God. They wrote as best they could with the baggage they had (assumptions, prejudices and self righteousness.) However, we do have a direct window into God through Jesus but few tend to want to use it or are willing to know how to use it. Instead, his name is used conveniently to rubber stamp their own shifting ideas and impressions.

Even Jesus couldn't wake the sleeping multitudes.....they either wanted to use him or bruise him. Thank God he is long suffering......a blessing few see on the horizon.....let alone directly.

Reactions: Brakelite

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Stop believing.

“Now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God. Those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they will not believe and be saved.” - Jesus of Nazareth

It isn’t Jesus who wants people to stop believing; it’s the devil who does.

You’re advocating what the devil desires. I’m advocating what Jesus of Nazareth desires.