Nothing much left to say

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was "Hobson's Choice" and therefore no choice at all. Choose A or else you die. Do what I say or else you die. This is not free will or choice.
Sure it is! Your go to response is to appeal to your God complex and define free will to mean one who has "true" feel will is God.

We all know actual free will is the basis for Judgment. Our own justice and prison system would morally collapse if there was no such thing as free will - properly defined.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They made the right decision. For it IS GOOD AND RIGHT to seek to learn and improve and gain more knowledge.
Totally wrong. Predictably, your priorities are not right.

The 1C clearly states God is first. You are making an IDOL of knowledge, which comes after God. There are 2 basic choices:
  1. Life (via obedience to God)
  2. Death (even as knowledge is acquired)
Choose wisely.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True love is unconditional.

Thus the gift of eternal life must come without caveats, without conditions, freely to all.
So says the man with a God complex, who want to dictate to his Creator. With your attitude of hubris, no one can deny you deserve death.

It's not your way or the highway. It's YHWY's way or the highway.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Totally wrong. Predictably, your priorities are not right.

The 1C clearly states God is first. You are making an IDOL of knowledge, which comes after God. There are 2 basic choices:
  1. Life (via obedience to God)
  2. Death (even as knowledge is acquired)
Choose wisely.
I choose freedom

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
With your attitude of hubris, no one can deny you deserve death.
Ah back to the hate speech again. Non-Christians deserve to die etc. This wicked and totally unbiblical hatred is the kind of thing that spawns religious zealots who believe they have the right to go shooting unbelievers. Psychotic mentally unsound individuals who have no love in them, only pious arrogance. They are so far from truth they will never see it.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Creation is an act of love. However, YHWH is not boundless love. He is also holy and just. Even though you choose death, he still loves you.
Anyone who loves another respects their desire and right to live in freedom.

Those who seek to enslave others regardless of weasel words, are simply despots and tyrants

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
A God of love who desires to share everything that is good about life and relationships with His created brings did not want a forced subservience. Love is always a matter of choice. God was offering Adam and Eve a choice. It was actually a very easy one. One tree amongst thousands forbidden. It wasn't the tree itself that brought the knowledge of evil... It was the decision they made to not believe God, but believe His enemy, not heeding the warning given, that the result would be death. That it didn't take place immediately was God's grace and mercy working to give them opportunity to repent. But they eventually did die, and their offspring, to this day, have grown steadily worse.
One more thing. Death is an inevitable natural result of sin. Sin separates man from God. Separation from the only source of life will inevitably bring death. Which is what God knew from the beginning, and why He wants everyone, through the scriptures, that the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life for those who choose to love God and keep His commandments.
I'm bored with these repetitive arguments.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who loves another respects their desire and right to live in freedom.

Those who seek to enslave others regardless of weasel words, are simply despots and tyrants
Yup. False supposition of equality. Humans eat flesh. Not too respectful of other life forms freedoms.

You don’t even know what to do with this freedom you seek. You don’t even know what the purpose is of your existence.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Insolent attempt to create an option without eternal consequences. Life or death?

Choose wisely.
I choose freedom. If a tyrant kills me for truth and freedom then so be it.

"Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown."

Get thee behind me

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You don’t even know what to do with this freedom you seek. You don’t even know what the purpose is of your existence.
I travel the journey as all do but I do with love in my heart, as opposed to the blackness in your own that fuels your hatred of non-Christians