Nothing much left to say

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no "magic" involved in anything I have spoken of.
Sure there is! Why do you not tell the truth? You’ve mentioned numerous times Jesus had a rock that magically caused his resurrection. For some reason, you play word games that calling it a stone, instead makes all the difference.

So, it really is funny to see you deny, OTOH; and continue to assert things with no proof, OTOH.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom

"The ray of divine revelation is not extinguished by the sensible imagery wherewith it is veiled, as Dionysius says (Coel. Hier. i); and its truth so far remains that it does not allow the minds of those to whom the revelation has been made, to rest in the metaphors, but raises them to the knowledge of truths; and through those to whom the revelation has been made others also may receive instruction in these matters. Hence those things that are taught metaphorically in one part of Scripture, in other parts are taught more openly. The very hiding of truth in figures is useful for the exercise of thoughtful minds and as a defense against the ridicule of the impious, according to the words "Give not that which is holy to dogs" (Mat. 7:6)"

Saint Thomas Aquinas

Summa Theologica

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poor show again. I am not an atheist. I simply do not conform to your childish and false view of god. Deal with it.
I am dealing with it; More word games. You believe in a god who is not a person, a magical stone that is not a rock, evidentiary requirements for me but not for thee.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I am dealing with it; More word games. You believe in a god who is not a person, a magical stone that is not a rock, evidentiary requirements for me but not for thee.
Do not presume to know or state what I believe in. It is beyond your current capacity to understand.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Strawman again. Numerous times I've asked what evidence proves that Jesus was an alchemist whose possession of a magic rock caused his resurrection. Crickets ... Crickets ... Crickets
Your childish derision exposes your position.
Projecting. My position is that you have no evidence to support your claims, whereas I have mountains of evidence.

You cannot even answer questions about your beliefs. Predictably, you put yourself in the position to judge the question.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Quantum

Difficult to know where to start with your post. Everything you say contradicts the Bible. Therefore you must be using some special version of the Bible or some other source. Could you tell me what that is first so I can determine how best to reply. Thanks

If you believe that what I say contradicts the Bible, then it just proves you have not studied enough.

The translation matters not. They all teach the same thing. What you and almost everyone else does is change words to make the verses say things they do not. I go by what the verses teach, *without* changing words to fit some pre-conceived dogma or narrative.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, Christians make excuses. You're saying that full on incest, sex between brother and sister was just fine and dandy and nothing taboo or forbidden, back then. :) Bit like your god murdering men, women, children, babies and unborn babies was somehow ok and acceptable back then. So the entirety of the human race is just the product of incest yes?

Sorry. It doesn't wash.
All you are saying is that Truth is offensive to you.

Reactions: Wrangler

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
So, your argument, your moral imperative is to NOT be kind?! God bless! What observation would have to be made before you question the validity of your argument?
You know, I should be more kind. Especially to my bowels, as I have not treated them well.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the entirety of the human race is just the product of incest yes?

Sorry. It doesn't wash.
Who decides what washes clean, my friend? Surely not the one with a God complex, who deems himself in the position to judge his Creator.

That doesn't wash!

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a euphemism but for the long straw, meaning innocent, meaning not having to go down the path leading to death.

The Bible is replete with euphemisms to protect children who may be reading. Euphemism is the 'Meat' of the Word. Most are still on the 'Milk' and are taught 'nursery rhyme' interpretations.

Here is what the White Stone means using Abraham and Sarah as an example...

Isaiah 51:1
"Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged."

Obviously, we are looking at symbolism here. 'Rock' and 'Pit' are symbolic of where we come from, which is explained in the next verse...

Isaiah 51:2
"Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him."

The 'Rock' is a euphemism for Abraham's Seed (literally his sperm). 'Pit' is a euphemism for Sarah's uterus.

Thus, whenever we see 'Rock' and 'Pit' in the Bible, we adults know what the real meaning is.

Now, we can decipher verses like this...

Revelation 17:8
"The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

Again, the Pit is synonymous with the womb. The Antichrist will be born out of it.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The translation matters not. They all teach the same thing. What you and almost everyone else does is change words to make the verses say things they do not. I go by what the verses teach, *without* changing words to fit some pre-conceived dogma or narrative.

I will post some more examples of how Christians are told to change words to fit the false narrative...

Genesis 2:4
"These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens"

The phrase 'in the day' is literal and means what it says. The verse begins on the Third Day, when *ONLY* the Heavens and Earth were finished. No plants or animals existed yet. This is emphasized in the next verse...

Genesis 2:5 (New Living Translation)
"Neither wild plants nor grains were growing on the earth. For the LORD God had not yet sent rain to water the earth, and there were no people to cultivate the soil."

Again, there were no plants in this context as we are on the Third Day. So, what happened next?

Genesis 2:7
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Wait, what?!?! Man was created on the Third Day?

Yep. That is what we learn when we do not change the Word of God. So, how does this reconcile with Genesis 1?

Genesis 1:27
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

As I explained earlier, the First Adam, along with his wife Ishshah (Woman) *died literally on that day* after partaking of the Forbidden Fruit.

They were then recreated as the Second Adam and Eve. This is precisely what Genesis teaches.

It is YOU people that change the words of the verses to make it say what YOU want it to say. You then have the audacity to accuse me of the very crime you are committing.

QuantumBit

Apr 18, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember...

Eve did not show up until *after* the Fall...

Genesis 3:20
"And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living."

Why would Adam name his wife twice? That is absurd... lol.

Pro Tip: Whenever God creates a brand-new living being, it gets a name.

Since Eve was newly created after the previous couple died, she had to be named. Does no one see this?

What was the first creation called?

Genesis 2:23
"And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

The first female was called 'Woman', or 'Ishshah' in the original Hebrew, not Eve. I use Ishshah a lot because I think it is a beautiful name. Ishshah deserves to be recognized, yet she is one hundred percent ignored. So sad.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I will post some more examples of how Christians are told to change words to fit the false narrative...

Genesis 2:4
"These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens"

The phrase 'in the day' is literal and means what it says. The verse begins on the Third Day, when *ONLY* the Heavens and Earth were finished. No plants or animals existed yet. This is emphasized in the next verse...

Genesis 2:5 (New Living Translation)
"Neither wild plants nor grains were growing on the earth. For the LORD God had not yet sent rain to water the earth, and there were no people to cultivate the soil."

Again, there were no plants in this context as we are on the Third Day. So, what happened next?

Genesis 2:7
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Wait, what?!?! Man was created on the Third Day?

Yep. That is what we learn when we do not change the Word of God. So, how does this reconcile with Genesis 1?

Genesis 1:27
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

As I explained earlier, the First Adam, along with his wife Ishshah (Woman) *died literally on that day* after partaking of the Forbidden Fruit.

They were then recreated as the Second Adam and Eve. This is precisely what Genesis teaches.

It is YOU people that change the words of the verses to make it say what YOU want it to say. You then have the audacity to accuse me of the very crime you are committing.
It's everybody. Look at the history of beliefs and belief systems, they never remain the same generation to generation. Variations slowly erode away at what was originally said, until, well you know the rest of the story. Because we're all living in it.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
If the human race does not pull itself out of it's preoccupation with institutional believing, we are all going to perish. Our poor little planet can't take much more this kind of malevolent thinking.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
"The ray of divine revelation is not extinguished by the sensible imagery wherewith it is veiled, as Dionysius says (Coel. Hier. i); and its truth so far remains that it does not allow the minds of those to whom the revelation has been made, to rest in the metaphors, but raises them to the knowledge of truths; and through those to whom the revelation has been made others also may receive instruction in these matters. Hence those things that are taught metaphorically in one part of Scripture, in other parts are taught more openly. The very hiding of truth in figures is useful for the exercise of thoughtful minds and as a defense against the ridicule of the impious, according to the words "Give not that which is holy to dogs" (Mat. 7:6)"

Saint Thomas Aquinas
Summa Theologica
"For they will turn and attack you"

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
If you believe that what I say contradicts the Bible, then it just proves you have not studied enough.

Hi Quantum

Thanks for your feedback. To clarify my post to you was not a rebuke or derision of any kind. Your various statements didn't seem to gel with conventional interpretation of the Bible so I just wanted to check that you weren't using some strange version. Now that you've explained your interpretations in subsequent posts I can see where you are coming from. I need to go back through Genesis to check a few things and reassess in accordance with your interpretation. I'll come back to you.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything I think of talking about sounds contrived and laboured(Well put some energy into it!) Let me be flat out honest with the people on this forum. Your rat-bags(Are they carry bags made from rats?) Your faith in Jesus makes you think your privileged and entitled to step on each other(Literally)

So...what...you're throwing out the baby with the bath water?