NT BOOKS, LUKE 21:36

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
there is nothing wrong with the children worshipping Nehushtan, Heb, until the Priest comes and breaks him up

iow i don't mean to imply that there is anything wrong with where you are at right now ok, worship Jesus as long as you want

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
One thing Christianity lacks that other religions have is a way to coerce people to obey its statutes. When we add that mechanism through legalism, we take glory away from the Son.

Sure the law is still there, but it is fulfilled by Jesus through his blood. The blood payment for transgressions against the law has been made.

The question then is Jesus' blood over you or not. So it is him we must obey, and it is clear his opinion on the law was that it should be obeyed in Spirit. Because if we were legalistic, Jesus would be a sinner for many of the things he did.

And the spirit behind the law doesn't need to be described with many words. Love of God first, then of neighbor, is sufficient. Hence the yoke has been lightened.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
One thing Christianity lacks that other religions have is a way to coerce people to obey its statutes. When we add that mechanism through legalism, we take glory away from the Son.

Sure the law is still there, but it is fulfilled by Jesus through his blood. The blood payment for transgressions against the law has been made.

The question then is Jesus' blood over you or not. So it is him we must obey, and it is clear his opinion on the law was that it should be obeyed in Spirit. Because if we were legalistic, Jesus would be a sinner for many of the things he did.

And the spirit behind the law doesn't need to be described with many words. Love of God first, then of neighbor, is sufficient. Hence the yoke has been lightened.
we forget that the law of sin and death was an actual law, and people were stoned to death for even lying

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yup, everyone is following the law to save themselves because OSAS is false right? Jesus couldn't do it on the cross so man has to make up for it. :rolleyes:
Grace fulfiils the law. Love fulfills the law.

Lawlessness has no place with God. Lawlessness is rebellion.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matt 15 The lost sheep of Israel is not the body. The body didn't exist until Acts 2.

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”
Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of the Servants of God = for the Servants of God, that they would know who he was as well, as it was they who knew who he was, as Holy Moses said of his coming and also that Nathaniel knew directly when he met Jesus. for Nathaniel was a true Israelite as Jesus him self said Nathaniel was, points to this fact.

The Israel of old comes into it's glory in Jesus Christ, as Jesus is the king of Israel in fact.

All this new age BS about OT Jews Israel, is a delusion of the Anti-Christ, Satan sends great Delusions and people are turning to just such nonsense because they have a false Jesus, they must have if they turn against Jesus and look to the so called Jews who reject Jesus totally, so anyone who looks to the Jews is a Anti-Christ to be sure and only doing the work of Satan.
Such people are like a pox in the Christian Churches nowadays and they are preaching a social gospel under Political Correctness gods, mans works.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Grace fulfiils the law. Love fulfills the law.

Lawlessness has no place with God. Lawlessness is rebellion.

The term lawlessness belongs to non believers only. Believers are no longer under the law, they have been forgiven. They follow Jesus now.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of the Servants of God = for the Servants of God, that they would know who he was as well, as it was they who knew who he was, as Holy Moses said of his coming and also that Nathaniel knew directly when he met Jesus. for Nathaniel was a true Israelite as Jesus him self said Nathaniel was, points to this fact.

The Israel of old comes into it's glory in Jesus Christ, as Jesus is the king of Israel in fact.

All this new age BS about OT Jews Israel, is a delusion of the Anti-Christ, Satan sends great Delusions and people are turning to just such nonsense because they have a false Jesus, they must have if they turn against Jesus and look to the so called Jews who reject Jesus totally, so anyone who looks to the Jews is a Anti-Christ to be sure and only doing the work of Satan.
Such people are like a pox in the Christian Churches nowadays and they are preaching a social gospel under Political Correctness gods, mans works.

That's right, if you are a true believer you are written in the Lamb's book of life forever. He will lose none of them.

Jhn 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

Jhn 18:9 This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: "I have not lost one of those you gave me."

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The term lawlessness belongs to non believers only. Believers are no longer under the law, they have been forgiven. They follow Jesus now.

The word "believer" is not a magic word that stops people from being misguided and foolish. The only thing that distinguishes the 10 virgins in the parable is whether they are wise or foolish.

So it is that very notion that believers can't fall into the ditch....that naive notion, that gets people into trouble. That's what the renewing of the mind is for. That's what adding to the initial faith is for.

God is not a respecter of persons. You are as you do.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's right, if you are a true believer you are written in the Lamb's book of life forever. He will lose none of them.

Jhn 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

Jhn 18:9 This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: "I have not lost one of those you gave me."

But the issue is ....how do we get on that list? Our own say so? Our religious certainty and pride?

Wouldn't the kind of humility it takes to get there be evident rather than the kind of pride that God resists?

No humble person argues the case for their own humility. But a proud person considers that he can't possibly fail the grace of God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ty imo the point here is we get to see tares in action i guess

"i accepted Christ with my mouth in a room full of witnesses even, ergo i am now perfect in every way."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ty imo the point here is we get to see tares in action i guess

"i accepted Christ with my mouth in a room full of witnesses even, ergo i am now perfect in every way."
No, usually it is these same people who will deny that anyone can stop sinning and be "perfect" even though they say that they have God in them. They effectively say that even God in them cannot do it while they are in the flesh. But... who is it they are calling liars then? Not you or me but whoever wrote the scripture or the one that inspired them to write:

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible" Mark 10:27

If God in them cannot do it, is it not because they are limiting God by their faith in His inability to do it?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, usually it is these same people who will deny that anyone can stop sinning and be "perfect" even though they say that they have God in them. They effectively say that even God in them cannot do it while they are in the flesh. But... who is it they are calling liars then? Not you or me but whoever wrote the scripture or the one that inspired them to write:

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible" Mark 10:27

If God in them cannot do it, is it not because they are limiting God by their faith in His inability to do it?
i can't see how these even make logical sense, and they are usually pretty easy to take down even with logic, as my many unanswered posts attest imo; yet i'm sure they would feel that what you say is not a fair characterization. So i have to believe that there are parts of the bell-curve we just can't really see, could be a reaction to do-gooder believers and codependency, could be that many of these are just innocents who practice good works so thoroughly--think like "Canadians" or something--that they cannot imagine the part of the bell curve that we do see, with our more practical/(jaundiced?) eye, and prolly every combo in between i guess

i have to say that those i consider the chief proponents here seem pretty good-hearted, they do not denigrate as a rule, not counting tit-for-tat which seems fair enough to me, on the receiving end even lol, etc

Nov 2, 2016
USA
The word "believer" is not a magic word that stops people from being misguided and foolish. The only thing that distinguishes the 10 virgins in the parable is whether they are wise or foolish.

So it is that very notion that believers can't fall into the ditch....that naive notion, that gets people into trouble. That's what the renewing of the mind is for. That's what adding to the initial faith is for.

God is not a respecter of persons. You are as you do.

Episk, the wise virgins had the oil, "oil" in Matt 25 is describing the Holy Spirit. The foolish do not have the Holy Spirit. In order to obtain the indwelling Holy Spirit, one must humble themselves and come to faith in Jesus Christ, Rom 10:9. Jesus SAVES.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
But the issue is ....how do we get on that list? Our own say so? Our religious certainty and pride?

Wouldn't the kind of humility it takes to get there be evident rather than the kind of pride that God resists?

No humble person argues the case for their own humility. But a proud person considers that he can't possibly fail the grace of God.

No a humble person understands that he can fall from Grace. He also understands that if he falls he is covered under the blood of Christ, so he repents out of thankfulness to the cross and not to save himself. How do you get on that list?

A - Admit you're a sinner
B - Believe that God raised Jesus from the dead
C - Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord

but most rather confes that technology is lord. God bless

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i can't see how these even make logical sense, and they are usually pretty easy to take down even with logic, as my many unanswered posts attest imo; yet i'm sure they would feel that what you say is not a fair characterization. So i have to believe that there are parts of the bell-curve we just can't really see, could be a reaction to do-gooder believers and codependency, could be that many of these are just innocents who practice good works so thoroughly--think like "Canadians" or something--that they cannot imagine the part of the bell curve that we do see, with our more practical/(jaundiced?) eye, and prolly every combo in between i guess
I really try not [not always successfully, I guess] to point an accusatory finger at people on the other side of such questions. Some people really do not understand the question. Logic itself for some is the problem.

On the one hand some people cannot really understanding what it means to be logical even though they say they do. On the other hand even some who do understand the logic presented may simply have decided that it is beyond logic in this case. For someone like me who says he lives by faith more than by logic, what can I say that will be convincing?

What I understand regarding this question of OSAS has not been seen by me in only one or two verses but in the totality of the scriptures which I do read regularly. Who is willing to go through a study of the whole Bible on this topic alone? Probably not me.

On some issues where a person's beliefs or theology is very far from my own [right or wrong?] I cannot follow it with understanding because there are too many underlying assumptions or presumptions that I cannot see. I guess sometimes when I write something on the lengthy side [for me lengthy] I do the same thing. I try to make the underlying ideas clear as well, but sometimes even baby steps are still too big.
i have to say that those i consider the chief proponents here seem pretty good-hearted, they do not denigrate as a rule, not counting tit-for-tat which seems fair enough to me, on the receiving end even lol, etc
Some people start doing better after they have spent a little time on a Christian forum like this and have been able to read carefully about things of which they have scarcely previously heard. So many people have grown up in non-Internet church settings with very limited and/or precise teachings about what they should believe. Some of what they encounter here even though it is found in scripture is already considered to be lies and/or blasphemous.

To all of a sudden come onto a forum like this with so many opposing viewpoints and at times harsh confrontations regarding differences from their own established plateau has to be for some a mind boggling experience. If they stick around a while reading some of the opposing views they may at least become more tolerant.

Then again some may come here very young in church experience that they have not yet become so rigidly established that they cannot see or even consider other possibilities beyond what has been taught at "home".

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
To all of a sudden come onto a forum like this with so many opposing viewpoints and at times harsh confrontations regarding differences from their own established plateau has to be for some a mind boggling experience. If they stick around a while reading some of the opposing views they may at least become more tolerant.
Thank God for ppl who disagree with me, imo :)

Reactions: amadeus