Obedience to God:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Amen to that Prentis. And oh what a powerful web of deceit the devil has succeeded to create in this world!

And what is the primary tool he uses to deceive us? He appeals to our flesh, right? And why? Because he knows that we tend to trust our self. He knows we won't trust him but that we tend to trust our flesh. And if it is not bad enough that our trust in our flesh causes us to trip up even without an outside push, also that flesh is always there with us for him to take advantage of at any time. That is why it is so very important that we cast off trust in our flesh. To trust in our flesh leaves us as pray for that old deceiver.

Good point Prentis!!!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you guys distinguishing between our fleshly self - false selves and our actually bodies? Our created bodies are not our enemies.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
"Are you guys distinguishing between our fleshly self - false selves and our actually bodies? Our created bodies are not our enemies."

I agree. When I speak of the flesh I mean the carnal mind that Romans 8: 6 speaks of. I believe Prentis sees it that way also.

But if you had my body you might think it was your enemy. It sure betrays me healthwise. LOL!!!