Objections to Sola Scriptura

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes there is danger of a thousand daggers in individual verses without context. While I am probably called a catholic basher. It is the ardent followers of the infallibility of the Bishops that I find using the thousands of little one verse daggers and then claiming it is because I hate them!

Sola Scriptura is not braking scriptures down into little daggers. It is using the whole of Scripture to find the SPIRIT Scripture is written in, for and to. AGAIN those that break scripture into bits and pieces are the first to blame Sola Scriptura as the source of their daggers.

Alfredthefifth

Right on. When it comes down the spirit you are right on mark in Christ.

There was a time that came by in, which to realize the danger of 1,000 daggers and wielding in the palm of one’s own hands. It, talking about scriptures, can be used to kill the spirit, just with the use of one slit.

The use of a wise times and right moment when lead by the spirit to share truth with someone that they may never have realized before because eye opening. God is good and he can use those who know scripture to feed someone with milk or meat to think about all when lead by the spirit to share.

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit gives unity of faith not 20,000 sects all full of errors all the tradition of men!

only Christ has authority to found the church Matt 16:18-19

One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church

One: Jn 10:16

Holy: Eph 2:19:22

Catholic: Lk 1:10-11 Jn 1:29 Jn 3:16
(Universal)

Apostolic: Matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18 Matt 28:19 Jn 20:21 eph 2:20

Isaiah 9:7
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Isa 22:21-22

21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open. (Matt 16:18-19)

Dan 2:44
And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, (acts 2:17 began at Pentecost) that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32-33 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Mt 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

John 17:17-23
that they may be one as we are one.

Romans 12:5
so we, who are many, are one body in Christ.

Rom 15:6

1 Corinthians 1:10
I appeal to you... that there be no dissensions among you, but that
you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 12:12
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:13
by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body.

1 Corinthians 12:20
But now are they many members, yet but one body.

Eph 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 4:4
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were
called in the one body.

Philippians 1:27
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Philippians 2:2
be of same the mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of
one mind.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange discussion here, since the Catholic Church has one of the strongest traditions of literal Bible study and Bible scholarship.

Those who think they don't need Bible understanding through study of God's written Word eventually wind up like these, or worse...