Objective of the Entire Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...God keep sending me to Micah 6:8, over and over, "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"
THIS ONE VERSE IN THE OT JUST SUMS EVERYTHING UP.
Amen!

Reactions: 101G

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
Isn't the objective of the Bible more about the placement of the tree of knowledge into the Garden, Lucifer's rebellion, the Fall of Adam & Eve, and the corruption of human-kind with the knowledge of good and evil? Jesus was part of the solution to this problem, but the objective of the Bible is informing us about the unfolding of these early events. Also, the future of these events, which started in Genesis. The objective of the entire Bible is about God's overall plan for the chosen people (Christians and Jews). Jesus is a significant part of this overall plan.

The book of Genesis is a description of the Plan of God to restoration or restitution of all things. We know: The Word is God.

Yes, the purpose of God-
the Word- through/by JESUS-, the beginning- was to make the restoration or restitution, in seven Days, of all things since the Garden of God in Eden until now in the END of the times, as was prophesied since ancient times-Acts 3:v.18-26. By the way, All things were made by Him-JESUS-; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that
one Day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one Day. 2 Peter 3:v.8

Acts 3:v.18-26
18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Genesis 1:v.1 - In the beginning - in JESUS - God created the heavens and the earth. Yes, God - the Word - created through JESUS the 1st, and 2nd, and 3rd heavens, and the heaven of the heavens. By the way, we know that Paul the Apostle was caught from within the heaven were he was, it to the third heaven, in fact he was within an inferior heaven, the second heaven, more below than the third, evidently, as he wrote to the Ephesians saying: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ" - Ephesians 1:v.3:

2 Peter 3:v.7 and 11-13
7 But the heavens -the first and second heavens- and the earth, which are now, by the same Word are kept in store,
reserved unto FIRE against this Day of Judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be DISSOLVED -DISMANTLED- , what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the Day of God -
this Day arrived and is running -, wherein the HEAVENS-the first and second heavens- being on FIRE shall be DISSOLVED, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat.

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Now unto the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, the only Wise God, be Honour and Glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Genesis is a description of the Plan of God to restoration or restitution of all things. We know: The Word is God.

Yes, the purpose of God-
the Word- through/by JESUS-, the beginning- was to make the restoration or restitution, in seven Days, of all things since the Garden of God in Eden until now in the END of the times, as was prophesied since ancient times-Acts 3:v.18-26. By the way, All things were made by Him-JESUS-; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that
one Day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one Day. 2 Peter 3:v.8

Acts 3:v.18-26
18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Genesis 1:v.1 - In the beginning - in JESUS - God created the heavens and the earth. Yes, God - the Word - created through JESUS the 1st, and 2nd, and 3rd heavens, and the heaven of the heavens. By the way, we know that Paul the Apostle was caught from within the heaven were he was, it to the third heaven, in fact he was within an inferior heaven, the second heaven, more below than the third, evidently, as he wrote to the Ephesians saying: "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ" - Ephesians 1:v.3:

2 Peter 3:v.7 and 11-13
7 But the heavens -the first and second heavens- and the earth, which are now, by the same Word are kept in store,
reserved unto FIRE against this Day of Judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be DISSOLVED -DISMANTLED- , what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the Day of God -
this Day arrived and is running -, wherein the HEAVENS-the first and second heavens- being on FIRE shall be DISSOLVED, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat.

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Now unto the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, the only Wise God, be Honour and Glory for ever and ever. Amen.

This is a fascinating Read.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
John 3:16

Yes, God sent JESUS in the fourth Day, i.e. around 4,000 years after the corruption of the sons of God in Eden which perished in the flood-Genesis 6:v.1-5-. In other words, JESUS came around 2,000 years ago - fourth Day - according God's Plan -Genesis- to restoration or restitution of all things destroyed in Eden. JESUS said: My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.-John 5:v.17

John 8:v.12 - JESUS said: I am the Light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of life. And JESUS said more this: As long as I am in the world, I am the Light of the world. John 9:v.5 - This is wonderful, exceedingly wonderful - JESUS is the Greater Light God the Father sent in the fourth Day - Genesis 1:v.16. The Lesser Light is the Holy Spirit. And the stars are the righteous, the true people of God.
Daniel 12:v.2-3 says:

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the STARS for ever and ever.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Angelina Great summary of the Gospel, right? :)

Well, it is no doubt an incredibly beautiful Bible verse, but this verse only tells us of the Purpose of Christ. John 3:16, however, does not tell us what the Belief is, and what takes place within the Heart of a person when True Salvation begins.

The most Powerful set of passages . . . within the entire Bible, rest within Colossians 2:9-15. For it is in this set of passages where Paul speaks of how the Old Testament teachings of the Lord giving us new Hearts and Spirits, that it will be Himself who performs this Holy Operation of Christ. These seven verses show us the Work of Christ, which is necessary for Salvation. I was in the "church" for nearly 50 years before the Lord woke me up and taught me . . . that the Church is not teaching the most important passages within the Entire Bible.

These seven verses teach that the Sinful State, or Condition of a person, must be removed. This is Circumcision of the Heart. Without this Hope Operation of God, a person will remain under the Curse of Adam and Eve . . . the entire and core problem of the Bible. Verse ten states that because of this Operation, and the sending of the Holy Spirit, and having their sinful debt paid, that person is THEN made whole and complete in Christ. Having been Circumcised of this Curse, Jesus publicly humiliated Satan and his minions, for they were defeated the moment that the Curse of Adam and Eve had been lifted, for it is through this Curse that fear, shame, and guilt are birthed. And, they are birthed by the Devil.

Until a person receives the Circumcision of Christ, that person's Father will remain to be the Devil until that person tears out his Heart and offers it to Jesus.

Until we decide to take our heads out of the sand and recognize that Colossians 2:9-15 is the utter Key to understanding nearly every page of the Bible, Holy Truth will remain elusive (though we won't realize it). The two best translations for understanding the Doctrine of Circumcision, are the NLT and KJV. Putting the two together is eye-opening. Here they are, beginning with the beautiful NLT translation.

Colossians 2:9-15 NLT - "For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body. 10 So you also are complete through your union with Christ, who is the head over every ruler and authority. 11 When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12 For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead. 13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. 15 In this way, he disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross."

Colossians 2:9-15 KJV - "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with [him] through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15 [And] having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it."

These seven verses are so critical, for they provide the answers to nearly every critical point of the Bible. Do yourself the biggest favor in the world, and read the Bible according to a timeline, chronological order . . . you will be blown away after a decent study of Colossians 2:9-15. The first clue that you will likely see is the answer to why Adam and Eve were booted out of the Garden as soon as the Lord answered Himself regarding the eating from the Tree of Life.

Genesis 3:22-24 NLT - "Then the LORD God said, "Look, the human beings have become like us, knowing both good and evil. What if they reach out, take fruit from the tree of life, and eat it? Then they will live forever!" 23 So the LORD God banished them from the Garden of Eden, and he sent Adam out to cultivate the ground from which he had been made. 24 After sending them out, the LORD God stationed mighty cherubim to the east of the Garden of Eden. And he placed a flaming sword that flashed back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life."

The most important Bible verses to know are, without a doubt, Colossians 2:9-15. Studying them will unfold the entire Bible. And you will be shocked.

Attachments

• Triangle of Truth.png
    Triangle of Truth.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 0

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God sent JESUS in the fourth Day, i.e. around 4,000 years after the corruption of the sons of God in Eden which perished in the flood-Genesis 6:v.1-5-. In other words, JESUS came around 2,000 years ago - fourth Day - according God's Plan -Genesis- to restoration or restitution of all things destroyed in Eden. JESUS said: My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.-John 5:v.17

John 8:v.12 - JESUS said: I am the Light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of life. And JESUS said more this: As long as I am in the world, I am the Light of the world. John 9:v.5 - This is wonderful, exceedingly wonderful - JESUS is the Greater Light God the Father sent in the fourth Day - Genesis 1:v.16. The Lesser Light is the Holy Spirit. And the stars are the righteous, the true people of God.
Daniel 12:v.2-3 says:

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the STARS for ever and ever.

I like how you put things together. It's like a short movie. ;)

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Objective of the Entire Bible

In your extensive studies of both the Old and New Testament, is there a passage, or a set of consecutive passages, that best expresses the point and purpose of the entire Bible?

All are welcome to offer what you believe are the single most important passages of the Bible. But there is a “rule” to follow: You can mix and match between Old Testament and New Testament, or even between books and letters. For example, many might choose John 3:16, or in my case, I would offer Colossians 2:9-15 as the Core Message of the Bible.

But . . . what do [you] think? What is the most important passage, or consecutive passages, that best puts the entire Bible into proper perspective?

The Bible centers on the good news that God has a loving purpose for mankind. The Scriptures explain how man’s privilege of living on a paradise earth was lost early in human history and how a paradise will finally be restored.—Read Revelation 21:4, 5.

Reactions: MattMooradian

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Look! I am making all things new." Yes, we know that Jesus is going to make this new, but how does He make US new? What is His Work that accomplishes this Transformation?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Isaiah 9:6-7
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

2 Corinthians 5:16-18
Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,

Romans 12:1-3
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God – this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.