Objective of the Entire Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's in you to hear the call, yes that seed, which was planted in all of us at birth, is in all of us, no matter how wicked/evil we become... (smile). but when we leave home on our own, we're too busy "SINNING" in the world, or......... while in church, to hear God's call, as was with the young Saul, then later name Paul.

now Paul's calling was not only to salvation, but to the ministry. understand all of us have been taught right from wrong by our parents. and sooner or later we all will get tired of the world, and you and the world will eventually get a divorce. as my mother, and I'm sure your mother and many more gave us good advice, mine was, "you're going out into the world, but always remember you can always come back to the church, meaning God". that always stuck with me, and I'm sure your parents and many more was told something along these lines.

so some come to God on his call, and some the devil be whipping their backside so bad ... run back to the church. so either way one get back to church, "SAFETY" in Lord Jesus is guaranteed, and above all, SALVATION is "FREE". it cost nothing.

one other thing, even the worst criminal,,, meaning spiritual, when trouble hits, the first thing out of their mouth... "Lord have mercy", and it's automatic. because someone, if not his, or her parents, an uncle, aunt, grandmother, or even a friend, has spoken to them about God, directly or indirectly, they know God, or rather heard of him. so don't worry, when God calls you, or whoever, you will respond, that's why the old folk as I an now prayed for their and other's children, until they come home to "CHURCH", safety.

hoped that helped.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Well, I'm not sure if it helped or not. I like what you wrote, for sure. Here's the thing: I've been part of the "church" since the day I was born. From my earliest memories, I have attended "church." But . . . I've never met a single person who has undergone an actual Transformation as discussed in Romans 12:2. Yes, I've had many people say that God transformed them [out] of drugs, alcoholism, etc . . . but that happens to people from all walks of life . . . even Devil-worshippers. But I've never met anyone that described a life of total Transformation to the degree that they really and Truly are, an entirely New Creation.

I'm curious . . . how had the Lord Transformed your entire Mind, to the degree that you can hardly remember what it was like living as the Old "Man"? What happened to you? How did you change? Was it God that changed you? If so, do you feel that it was a total Miracle that you have Turned from a man whose Father was the Devil, to a man whose Father is Christ, thus sharing in His Divine Nature as described in 2nd Peter 2:1-4?

One day, I hope someone can tell me what it is that Christ does to us, to ensure that we will be Transformed and Obey. :)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 for me

Thanks for your addition, but Acts 2:38 doesn't describe the Promise that is mentioned in Acts 2:39. What is that Promise?

Acts 2:39 NIV - "The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."

Acts 2:41 tells us that the promise is somewhere within the Message of Christ. After the Message is believed, then the Promise is given . . . so the Promise is what?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it says that one must repent and be baptized to get any promise, that is important without which no promise nothing

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

In your extensive studies of both the Old and New Testament, is there a passage, or a set of consecutive passages, that best expresses the point and purpose of the entire Bible?

All are welcome to offer what you believe are the single most important passages of the Bible. But there is a “rule” to follow: You can mix and match between Old Testament and New Testament, or even between books and letters. For example, many might choose John 3:16, or in my case, I would offer Colossians 2:9-15 as the Core Message of the Bible.

But . . . what do [you] think? What is the most important passage, or consecutive passages, that best puts the entire Bible into proper perspective?
Hello 2T.G.,

'Search the scriptures;
for in them ye think ye have eternal life:
and they are they which testify of Me.'

(John 5:39)

'And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples,
which are not written in this book:
But these are written,
that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God;
and that believing ye might have life through His Name.'

(John 20:30-31)

'But continue thou
in the things which thou hast learned
and hast been assured of,
knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures,
.. which are able to make thee wise unto salvation
.... through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
.. and is profitable for doctrine,
.... for reproof,
...... for correction,
........ for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect,
throughly furnished unto all good works.'

(2 Timothy 3:14-17)

*The chief purpose of the Word of God is one of redemption and reconciliation. So that we may all say, with Job,

'For I know that my Redeemer liveth,
and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body,
yet in my flesh shall I see God:
Whom I shall see for myself,
and mine eyes shall behold, and not another;
though my reins be consumed within me.'

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
Well, I'm not sure if it helped or not. I like what you wrote, for sure. Here's the thing: I've been part of the "church" since the day I was born. From my earliest memories, I have attended "church." But . . . I've never met a single person who has undergone an actual Transformation as discussed in Romans 12:2.
Do you and your church members still do the things you use to do? and do you and your church member still go to the same places you use to go before you came to christ? if so change church membership.
but that happens to people from all walks of life . . . even Devil-worshippers. But I've never met anyone that described a life of total Transformation to the degree that they really and Truly are, an entirely New Creation.
Now Devil worshippers. some have been called out because they was decieved into it. but there is a scripture for the hard core ones,
God's sovereignty,
Romans 9:18 "Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth." Romans 9:19 "Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?" Romans 9:20 "Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?" Romans 9:21 "Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?" Romans 9:22 "What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:" Romans 9:23 "And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory," (YOU MIGHT WANT TO RE-READ THOSE VERSES AGAIN) Romans 9:24 "Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?" Romans 9:25 "As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved." Romans 9:26 "And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God." Romans 9:27 "Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:"Romans 9:28 "For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth." Romans 9:29 "And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha." Romans 9:30 "What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith." Romans 9:31 "But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness." Romans 9:32 "Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;" Romans 9:33 "As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

see God is calling the "GOOD", the "BAD", and the "UGLY". yes the so-called Good in Men eyes, (that's why I said you might want to consider changing membership). but in God's eyes, there is none Good but one. see, God is merciful, now look at your apostle Paul, who was Saul. he thought he was "GOOD" in what he was doing, even so, approved of a stoning of a righteous man, by laying down his coat for approval to the act. just because YOU think that you're good .... or bad ... or even ulgy... (the devil worshipper), God is greater. this is why the gospel is so important. and it is to be preached into all the world. yes, even unto demon/devil worshipper.

understand, God is not going to throw you down on the ground and forcefully make you accept him, NO, nor as he could just snap his finger, and you're out of a cult, it's done, no. it's call your free "Will" choice. well how can one make a free choice under the gun, so to speak. answer, by hearing the word of God, it's free, and do the hearer no harm. now, if you refuse, who choice is it now? that's right, YOURS, and yours alone. so if one goes to the lake of fire, it's their choice, listen, 2 Corinthians 5:11 "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences."

well the question is, "how can one be persuaded?", answer by HEARING the word of God. that's why this gospel must be preached to every creature, including the demon/devil worshipper, (the ugly).

so I suggest you re-read Romans Chapter 9.

Just like, there is no excuse in not KNOWING the GODHEAD, Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them."Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" YES, without excuse. as with Salvation, 2 Corinthians 5:11 "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men". so no one, who have hear of God is without an excuse. scripture,
Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:"Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

that's a whole sermon right there in Jeremiah 31:34 by itself. for it states, "for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them" that covers the "GOOD", the "BAD", and the "UGLY". and as I said before, mother, father, grands, or uncles or aunts, someone have told someone, (including you and I, and all of us), about God. as I have said before, even the ugliest, when trouble happen, automatically out of their mouth, "Lord have mercy". see, "THERE IS NO EXCUSE" when the gospel is heard.

so again, I suggest you change friends, and or membership. get in a fold that you can be feed properly. in doing so, ask in prayer for God to guide you to a safe haven in him.

see that's why in another post, a discussion was about flight out of babylon, else as the apostle stated, " fitted to destruction". you can come out ... or not,,, "it's YOUR CHOICE". but be warn, YOU HAVE BEEN WARN, so there is NO EXCUSE.

hope that helped, with scriptures.

PICJAG

Reactions: 2nd Timothy Group

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

Do you and your church members still do the things you use to do? and do you and your church member still go to the same places you use to go before you came to christ? if so change church membership.

Now Devil worshippers. some have been called out because they was decieved into it. but there is a scripture for the hard core ones,
God's sovereignty,
Romans 9:18 "Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth." Romans 9:19 "Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?" Romans 9:20 "Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?" Romans 9:21 "Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?" Romans 9:22 "What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:" Romans 9:23 "And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory," (YOU MIGHT WANT TO RE-READ THOSE VERSES AGAIN) Romans 9:24 "Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?" Romans 9:25 "As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved." Romans 9:26 "And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God." Romans 9:27 "Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:"Romans 9:28 "For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth." Romans 9:29 "And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha." Romans 9:30 "What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith." Romans 9:31 "But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness." Romans 9:32 "Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;" Romans 9:33 "As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed."

see God is calling the "GOOD", the "BAD", and the "UGLY". yes the so-called Good in Men eyes, (that's why I said you might want to consider changing membership). but in God's eyes, there is none Good but one. see, God is merciful, now look at your apostle Paul, who was Saul. he thought he was "GOOD" in what he was doing, even so, approved of a stoning of a righteous man, by laying down his coat for approval to the act. just because YOU think that you're good .... or bad ... or even ulgy... (the devil worshipper), God is greater. this is why the gospel is so important. and it is to be preached into all the world. yes, even unto demon/devil worshipper.

understand, God is not going to throw you down on the ground and forcefully make you accept him, NO, nor as he could just snap his finger, and you're out of a cult, it's done, no. it's call your free "Will" choice. well how can one make a free choice under the gun, so to speak. answer, by hearing the word of God, it's free, and do the hearer no harm. now, if you refuse, who choice is it now? that's right, YOURS, and yours alone. so if one goes to the lake of fire, it's their choice, listen, 2 Corinthians 5:11 "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences."

well the question is, "how can one be persuaded?", answer by HEARING the word of God. that's why this gospel must be preached to every creature, including the demon/devil worshipper, (the ugly).

so I suggest you re-read Romans Chapter 9.

Just like, there is no excuse in not KNOWING the GODHEAD, Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them."Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" YES, without excuse. as with Salvation, 2 Corinthians 5:11 "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men". so no one, who have hear of God is without an excuse. scripture,
Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:"Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

that's a whole sermon right there in Jeremiah 31:34 by itself. for it states, "for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them" that covers the "GOOD", the "BAD", and the "UGLY". and as I said before, mother, father, grands, or uncles or aunts, someone have told someone, (including you and I, and all of us), about God. as I have said before, even the ugliest, when trouble happen, automatically out of their mouth, "Lord have mercy". see, "THERE IS NO EXCUSE" when the gospel is heard.

so again, I suggest you change friends, and or membership. get in a fold that you can be feed properly. in doing so, ask in prayer for God to guide you to a safe haven in him.

see that's why in another post, a discussion was about flight out of babylon, else as the apostle stated, " fitted to destruction". you can come out ... or not,,, "it's YOUR CHOICE". but be warn, YOU HAVE BEEN WARN, so there is NO EXCUSE.

hope that helped, with scriptures.

PICJAG

I really appreciate what you wrote, and I also appreciate the amount of time you have spent highlighting, bold-facing, etc. The above represents a lot of work! Romans 9 is a fantastic chapter, but I think . . . I think . . . that what you quoted from Jeremiah is even greater. When God said that he would put His Laws into our Hearts, that God will be our God and we will be His people . . . is there a passage that demonstrates what takes place with our Hearts? Isn't there a passage-set that shows how and why the Lord will no longer remember our sins? What must take place in order for this to happen?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does Jesus make us One? Is there a Scripture that outlines this process? What must be done, exactly, to become One?

John 17:20-23
20) Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21) That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22) And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23) I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

"I in them, and Thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one."

Jesus in you and Jesus in me makes you and me one.

Much love!

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In your extensive studies of both the Old and New Testament, is there a passage, or a set of consecutive passages, that best expresses the point and purpose of the entire Bible?

All are welcome to offer what you believe are the single most important passages of the Bible. But there is a “rule” to follow: You can mix and match between Old Testament and New Testament, or even between books and letters. For example, many might choose John 3:16, or in my case, I would offer Colossians 2:9-15 as the Core Message of the Bible.

But . . . what do [you] think? What is the most important passage, or consecutive passages, that best puts the entire Bible into proper perspective?
The objective of the Bible?
Control.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't the objective of the Bible more about the placement of the tree of knowledge into the Garden, Lucifer's rebellion, the Fall of Adam & Eve, and the corruption of human-kind with the knowledge of good and evil? Jesus was part of the solution to this problem, but the objective of the Bible is informing us about the unfolding of these early events. Also, the future of these events, which started in Genesis. The objective of the entire Bible is about God's overall plan for the chosen people (Christians and Jews). Jesus is a significant part of this overall plan.

I really like how you wrote this. I know, for a fact, that you see the value in both reading and understanding the Old Testament, and how those ultra ancient writings all pointed to the Tree of Life as He hung, Cursed for us, upon Calvary Hill.

And yes, Jesus is the center of the Bible. But what is His Work that makes us right with God? This is the Key to the entire Bible . . . but what is it?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really appreciate what you wrote, and I also appreciate the amount of time you have spent highlighting, bold-facing, etc. The above represents a lot of work! Romans 9 is a fantastic chapter, but I think . . . I think . . . that what you quoted from Jeremiah is even greater. When God said that he would put His Laws into our Hearts, that God will be our God and we will be His people . . . is there a passage that demonstrates what takes place with our Hearts? Isn't there a passage-set that shows how and why the Lord will no longer remember our sins? What must take place in order for this to happen?
thanks for the reply, second, only two words, #1. "BELIEF" in that he removed us from our sin, and he remember them no more. scripture, Zechariah 3:9 "For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day." and he did, in one day, when our Lord and Saviour died on the cross for our sins that are past, was removed. this is why God alway requires a sinner to confess his son Jesus, and not his or her sins. and here's the scriptures, Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." BINGO, belief

again, that's why the preaching of the Gospel is so important, because,

#2. "FAITH", and everyone have the measure, Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Romans 10:16 "But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?"Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

as I said, we all have the measure of FAITH, and this Faith must be grown, scriptures, Romans 12:3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." (HOW MANY MEN? EVERY MAN), that include the "Good", the "Bad", and the "Ugly". see, there is no excuse. that seed of FAITH must be "WATERED" meaning the Gospel. and it will grow.

now, for those so-called want to be .. BAD and Ugly... listen, 2 Thessalonians 2:9 "Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,"2 Thessalonians 2:10 "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved." 2 Thessalonians 2:11 "And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" 2 Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

see, there it is again, "belief", listen, "2 Thessalonians 2:12 "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

this is one of the most scariest verses in the bible to me, because it's God's working. I almost fell into that catorgory, just like the apostle Paul, but I thank God for the seed, and common sense to HEAR with my heart that he gave me. "I SURRENDED" to him. YES, I gave up, because I realized no human of flesh and blood can resist God and ....... "LIVE". and one don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. and the reason why no one have to be a rocket scientist? just do this one thing..... READ THE BIBLE FOR YOURSELF .... WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT. plain and simple. I did it, and many, many other has also. only God can reveal himself to you. and it takes only common sense. DECLARE YOUR IGNORANCE, AND SURRENDER TO GOD. (IT'S CALL REPENTANCE, A CHANGE OF MIND), if not, as the olf folk use to say, "that's a dead end road you're on". understand, all we do, even the idol worshipper, are in igorance, listen to the apostle Paul, 1 Timothy 1:12 "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;" 1 Timothy 1:13 "Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief." (he was what? a. Ingorant, and b. in unbelief". BINGO, again I have to keep saying it, "the preaching of the Gospel is so important".
another scripture,
Ephesians 4:18 "Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:" (THAT'S US... ALL OF US). but God had MERCY on us all, I keep going to the scripture in Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" BINGO, God shows MERCY, for he knows that we're Ignorant, but do we KNOW that? and he is patience.... thank God.

and if we ignore his MERCY, he has alredy told us as in 2 Thessalonians 2:11, the OT, listen, Isaiah 66:4 "I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not."
there it is, plain as day, in plain sight. "but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

yes, it's your "CHOICE".

Oh the story I can tell concering the power of God's word, even when one is in ignorance.

but a re-reading of this post may enlighten or edify your understanding.

PICJAG

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I SURRENDERED" to him. YES, I gave up, because I realized no human of flesh and blood can resist God and ....... "LIVE".

This is really cool. This . . . is True Wisdom! :)

"And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me,

So . . . how does God Enable a person? What is actually done in the Enabling process? Is there a verse, or a set of verses that explains this process?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
o . . . how does God Enable a person? What is actually done in the Enabling process? Is there a verse, or a set of verses that explains this process?
First thanks for the reply, second, the recieving of the Holy Ghost, the POWER of God, is to believe, in Faith, Acts 5:32 "And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him."(short answer).

below is an excrise in this process. (maybe helpful).

two main functions. A. the Power/G1849, exousia, to give birth, John 1:12 "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" G1849, exousia is a "right", or a "privilege" in freedom to do something. in this verse to become children of God. (BUT NOTICE THE QUALIFICATION).
B. the Power/G1411, dunamis, is the Ability, or Mighty to do something, this is all done by God himself, the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.
now the verse to cover both. Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." let's see it. Acts 2:1 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place." Acts 2:2 "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting." Acts 2:3 "And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them." Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

as the qualification states, A. "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name", OBEDIENCE, scripture, Acts 5:32 "And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him." now, B. the empowerment for work, Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." BINGO.

1 Timothy 1:12 "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;"
FAITHFUL = OBEDIENCE. as the apostle Peter said, "the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.", and without Faith it's impossible to please God. here, "enabled", is not in phyical strenght, but in Spiritual Power, a. to live a life, and to have KNOWLEDGE in this LIFE. in obedience to God is for one to HUMBLE themself, boy I keep going to, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" (THERE IT IS, to walk "HUMBLY" is to LIVE RIGHT), and to do this require a re-Newed Minds to the standards of God, and yes, that takes power, hence the out pouring of the Holy Ghost. he keep us from falling. (side note: the Holy Ghost is a HELPER, meaning he don't do it for you, but help you do something. because if you're not doing anything then he has nothing to help in, or do). in order to be enabled, one first must be brought low, (Born again, start a new life), just as a new born babe, naturally, helpless. scripture, 1 Peter 2:2 "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" then in due time he will elevate to some work. and this empowering first start in takeways, yes. example, PRIDE, Proverbs 16:18 "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." (we all have been or might be still on that ROAD, as said, "that's a dead end road you're on". so it takes a changing or the re-newing of one's mind. and only the "POWER" Holy Spirit can do that

now, being Born again, (the baptism of the Spirit), we recieve the,G1849, exousia, the right to be children of God . and the, G1411, dunamis power that empower us for WORK. (again, a side note: Salvation first, (Born again), then we WORK). this baptism is called the Baptism "with" the Holy Spirit. this enable member of duties to be perform. from cooking to preaching the gospel.

so the apostle Paul was enabled for his FAITHFULNESS = OBEDIENCE, a change of one's mind. and his will to do God's true work, other words Paul got a makeover in short, by God himself.

he humble Paul on the Road to Damascus, with a right cross stright out of heaven. and yes, something it takes an accident, of the worest kind, to get our attention, not always, but sometimes.... as in our brother case, temporary blindness, or it could be an unseen medical condition, ect.... God have many ways to get our attention. enough of that, staying on subject, it's the Holy Spirit, God himself, the Lord Jesus who enable us in our NEW LIFE, and in his "WORK", yes, HIS WORK. not ours, but his's. c0-labours

so the enablement is in the Spirit, the Holy Spirit. Just notice the qualify. thanks for the question, and I hope this helped.

PICJAG

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply, second, the recieving of the Holy Ghost, the POWER of God, is to believe, in Faith, Acts 5:32 "And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him."(short answer).

below is an excrise in this process. (maybe helpful).

two main functions. A. the Power/G1849, exousia, to give birth, John 1:12 "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" G1849, exousia is a "right", or a "privilege" in freedom to do something. in this verse to become children of God. (BUT NOTICE THE QUALIFICATION).
B. the Power/G1411, dunamis, is the Ability, or Mighty to do something, this is all done by God himself, the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.
now the verse to cover both. Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." let's see it. Acts 2:1 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place." Acts 2:2 "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting." Acts 2:3 "And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them." Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."

as the qualification states, A. "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name", OBEDIENCE, scripture, Acts 5:32 "And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him." now, B. the empowerment for work, Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." BINGO.

1 Timothy 1:12 "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;"
FAITHFUL = OBEDIENCE. as the apostle Peter said, "the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.", and without Faith it's impossible to please God. here, "enabled", is not in phyical strenght, but in Spiritual Power, a. to live a life, and to have KNOWLEDGE in this LIFE. in obedience to God is for one to HUMBLE themself, boy I keep going to, Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" (THERE IT IS, to walk "HUMBLY" is to LIVE RIGHT), and to do this require a re-Newed Minds to the standards of God, and yes, that takes power, hence the out pouring of the Holy Ghost. he keep us from falling. (side note: the Holy Ghost is a HELPER, meaning he don't do it for you, but help you do something. because if you're not doing anything then he has nothing to help in, or do). in order to be enabled, one first must be brought low, (Born again, start a new life), just as a new born babe, naturally, helpless. scripture, 1 Peter 2:2 "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" then in due time he will elevate to some work. and this empowering first start in takeways, yes. example, PRIDE, Proverbs 16:18 "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." (we all have been or might be still on that ROAD, as said, "that's a dead end road you're on". so it takes a changing or the re-newing of one's mind. and only the "POWER" Holy Spirit can do that

now, being Born again, (the baptism of the Spirit), we recieve the,G1849, exousia, the right to be children of God . and the, G1411, dunamis power that empower us for WORK. (again, a side note: Salvation first, (Born again), then we WORK). this baptism is called the Baptism "with" the Holy Spirit. this enable member of duties to be perform. from cooking to preaching the gospel.

so the apostle Paul was enabled for his FAITHFULNESS = OBEDIENCE, a change of one's mind. and his will to do God's true work, other words Paul got a makeover in short, by God himself.

he humble Paul on the Road to Damascus, with a right cross stright out of heaven. and yes, something it takes an accident, of the worest kind, to get our attention, not always, but sometimes.... as in our brother case, temporary blindness, or it could be an unseen medical condition, ect.... God have many ways to get our attention. enough of that, staying on subject, it's the Holy Spirit, God himself, the Lord Jesus who enable us in our NEW LIFE, and in his "WORK", yes, HIS WORK. not ours, but his's. c0-labours

so the enablement is in the Spirit, the Holy Spirit. Just notice the qualify. thanks for the question, and I hope this helped.

PICJAG

Again . . . wow. You sure have a lot of passion . . . enough to spend that much time putting your thoughts together.

What would you say if I were to suggest that the Work of Christ are the three elements below . . .

1. Pays the Debt for our Sins through His One-Time, Final Sacrifice.
2. Sends the Gift of the Holy Spirit, a Depot Guaranteeing that which is to come.
3. Issues the Holy Operation of God, the Circumcision of Christ.

As far as I can tell, these are the three critical Elements of Christ's Work; the Work that grants Holy Salvation.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, I'm not sure if it helped or not. I like what you wrote, for sure. Here's the thing: I've been part of the "church" since the day I was born. From my earliest memories, I have attended "church." But . . . I've never met a single person who has undergone an actual Transformation as discussed in Romans 12:2. Yes, I've had many people say that God transformed them [out] of drugs, alcoholism, etc . . . but that happens to people from all walks of life . . . even Devil-worshippers. But I've never met anyone that described a life of total Transformation to the degree that they really and Truly are, an entirely New Creation.

I'm curious . . . how had the Lord Transformed your entire Mind, to the degree that you can hardly remember what it was like living as the Old "Man"? What happened to you? How did you change? Was it God that changed you? If so, do you feel that it was a total Miracle that you have Turned from a man whose Father was the Devil, to a man whose Father is Christ, thus sharing in His Divine Nature as described in 2nd Peter 2:1-4?

One day, I hope someone can tell me what it is that Christ does to us, to ensure that we will be Transformed and Obey. :)
@2nd Timothy Group I think that transformation experience is by way of daily, ongoing sanctification, rather than by some post-conversion event.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again . . . wow. You sure have a lot of passion . . . enough to spend that much time putting your thoughts together.

What would you say if I were to suggest that the Work of Christ are the three elements below . . .

1. Pays the Debt for our Sins through His One-Time, Final Sacrifice.
2. Sends the Gift of the Holy Spirit, a Depot Guaranteeing that which is to come.
3. Issues the Holy Operation of God, the Circumcision of Christ.

As far as I can tell, these are the three critical Elements of Christ's Work; the Work that grants Holy Salvation.
GINOLJC, to all.
thanks for the reply, second, a good assessment, but concering #1. yes, and that Final Sacrifice, (a Bofy), supplied blood... here on earth, to cleanse future sins. his bodily Sacrifice was for one time, sins that are Past, (see Romans 3:25), in confessing our Lord and Saviour, Jesus the Christ, but there are "SINS" that we haven't yet dealt with, which are cleanse by his "blood", read 1 John 1:7 and then to see it in action, in the same chapter, read 1 Joh 1:9. so yes, he's the KINSMAN "REDEEMER", meaning his work is to REDEEM us from past and future sins

#2. "Sends the Gift of the Holy Ghost?", Correct, the Lord Jesus, God himself is the Gift. he, the Lord Jesus, came on Pentecost in Spirit. see John 14:18, and that coming came as said on Pentecost, read Acts chapter 2. so the work of the Christ is "COMFORTER/MEDIATOR", as you said is the, "Depot Guaranteeing that which is to come". I cannot agree the more.

#3. YES, Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:"Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."
the operation of a circumcised heart is to (a.) LOVE the LORD your God, and (b.) to LOVE ye one another. this is the whole Operation of God. and I don't know why, but God keep sending me to Micah 6:8, over and over, "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"
THIS ONE VERSE IN THE OT JUST SUMS EVERYTHING UP.

so I see you got the picture, be blessed.

PICJAG

Reactions: amadeus

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God keep sending me to Micah 6:8, over and over, "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"
THIS ONE VERSE IN THE OT JUST SUMS EVERYTHING UP.

Great post, 101G.

The passages in both Ezekiel 11 and 36 say essentially the same thing, and they explain the Micah 6:8 passage. Here they are:

Ezekiel 11:19-20 KJV - "And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: 20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God."

Ezekiel 36:25-27 KJV - "Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]."

If God does not give us new Hearts and Spirits (the Operation of Christ), Micah 6:8 is impossible. Both the Eze 11 and 36 quotes show that this Holy Operation must take place if a person is to Obey, and even Lead others in the Ways of the Lord. Without this exact Operation, Abraham could not be our Father of Faith. In fact, God has been Circumcising Hearts (the lifting of the Sinful Nature) from the beginning. How else could Abel have been a Prophet of God? One cannot be a Prophet of God if they are Cursed . . . the Lord would not squander His Pearls upon pigs.

This Holy Operation of God is described, perfectly, in Colossians 2:9-15. In fact, the Work of Christ is described perfectly in Col 2:9-15. In fact, Col 2:9-15 gives us understanding of nearly the entire Bible, should we elect to consider it as we read every passage in God's Holy Word.

It seems that one cannot possess Holy Love without the Circumcision of Heart. Nor can we forgive, thus extending our own form of Grace upon all who might harm us. How else could one "feed his enemies"? The Love chapter is not possible without Col 2:9-15. The Tree of Life in the Garden points directly to Col 2:9-15. The entire Bible has been written and revolves around Colossians 2:9-15. This is why, in my OP, I offered Colossians 2:9-15 as my suggestion to my own question. :)

Thank you for your interactions. I really appreciate your passion for the Lord's Word, and putting so much time into your writings. I know that you have benefitted from and through them. So thank you! :):):)

Reactions: 101G