Obligatory Intro thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About as much fun as going to the dentist? Ah... but necessary.

Howdy all. New to the site though I've visited in the past I'd never joined. It's always interesting to see what happens when a site has new ownership- generally things go one of two directions and seldom stay the same.

Looking forward to getting to know folks here and interact. I'm a fellow Southern Californian. just down the road from Temecula in the San Marcos area.

Thanks for the platform!
Weclome, E! I joined a couple months ago from Pennsylvania (really Pennsylvania now too--just moved back from just below the border in Maryland and my am I sooooooo glad I moved back!). Hope to chat with you on here. (I had lived in Southern Nevada before, not too far from California. Visited there from time to time. Would have loved to be there instead of Nevada due to the climate, but of course it was cost-prohibitive).

Reactions: Mr E

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A dying Christian's farewell to fellow Christians-
"Meet me out beyond the stars a few years from today,
Far from the world we used to know, a universe away"

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Weclome, E! I joined a couple months ago from Pennsylvania (really Pennsylvania now too--just moved back from just below the border in Maryland and my am I sooooooo glad I moved back!). Hope to chat with you on here. (I had lived in Southern Nevada before, not too far from California. Visited there from time to time. Would have loved to be there instead of Nevada due to the climate, but of course it was cost-prohibitive).
@dhh712 Glad you joined............do you plan going back to visit Nevada?

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dhh712 Glad you joined............do you plan going back to visit Nevada?

Never! I couldn't stand that place. Totally not my climate. I like greenery and thunderstorms. Knew it would be tough out there; didn't expect to stay for 9 years, but employment opportunity drove us out there and a good job offer had me staying longer. So glad I'm back on the east coast though where the climate is more suitable to me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Never! I couldn't stand that place. Totally not my climate. I like greenery and thunderstorms. Knew it would be tough out there; didn't expect to stay for 9 years, but employment opportunity drove us out there and a good job offer had me staying longer. So glad I'm back on the east coast though where the climate is more suitable to me.
@dhh712 Okay well you know what you prefer.......... :)

I think Vegas has a lot of employment opportunities, lots of museums, mountains round about, etc..........

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
About as much fun as going to the dentist? Ah... but necessary.

Howdy all. New to the site though I've visited in the past I'd never joined. It's always interesting to see what happens when a site has new ownership- generally things go one of two directions and seldom stay the same.

Looking forward to getting to know folks here and interact. I'm a fellow Southern Californian. just down the road from Temecula in the San Marcos area.

Thanks for the platform!
Nice to meet you. Welcome!

Reactions: Mr E

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pennsylvania!!! My mom grew up there--Wellsboro area. Beautiful country.

Reactions: dhh712

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fr7790.png
Looks a lot bigger on this map than it is. Pop in 2019? about 3300 :D

Reactions: dhh712

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you! That's why I never heard of it--I've never driven around that area before. Mainly south-central PA and then areas around Pittsburgh and somewhat near Philadelphia.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you! That's why I never heard of it--I've never driven around that area before. Mainly south-central PA and then areas around Pittsburgh and somewhat near Philadelphia.
Hi @dhh712 ; oh, so maybe you know Fallingwater? :)

I haven't been there yet; would like to go.

My wife and I have been in Pa. several times but Fallingwater is still on the To Do list.......

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @dhh712 ; oh, so maybe you know Fallingwater? :)

I haven't been there yet; would like to go.

My wife and I have been in Pa. several times but Fallingwater is still on the To Do list.......

Yes, that does sound familiar, but can't place it on a map just now. I want to say the exit for it is off 81 near Maryland or West Virginia (that's where I'm wanting to recall seeing exit signs for that place).

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, that does sound familiar, but can't place it on a map just now. I want to say the exit for it is off 81 near Maryland or West Virginia (that's where I'm wanting to recall seeing exit signs for that place).
Sounds about right; north of the WV or Maryland border...

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's completely understandable that you didn't answer the message in that moment. Your commitment to your health and well-being is commendable. A VIP Dental Care Forest Hills appointment at 8:30 a.m. for major dental work can understandably create a sense of urgency. Prioritizing your health and managing pain and medications is essential, and it's always crucial to focus on self-care, especially before a dental procedure. Hopefully, everything went smoothly at your appointment, and you're on your way to a pain-free and healthy smile. It's important to take such steps to ensure your overall well-being, and your responsibility is a positive example for us all.
What post does this address?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What post does this address?

Some scary weird A.I. ghost monitor skimming words, trying to appear relevant.

I mentioned "dentist" in my OP.

This is becoming a world where you will not be able to believe things you see and hear as "real" and where everything is subject to manipulation, pretense and corruption.

Reactions: Nancy