Off Line?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It times out for me every evening about 7:00 pm for between 15-30 mins , done it for about five days now x

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I couldn't get on site this afternoon. Glad it's back though. When it started doing it a while back I started this Fb group so we could stay in touch if it went down completely.

Reactions: Angelina

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps the problem is in the computing power of the forum site. I get time out errors where the response from the site is outside of the limits for my computer. Often it will reconnect to the forum with a simple "F5" that refreshes the page.

Whether the problem is the forum's code or with the hosting company, that is beyond my pay grade to be able to answer being only a plebe on this forum.

The problem could very well be with the level of video pollution of the computer environment rather than having to deal with simple text files that do not require much processing.

Oh well, just a thought.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is what I think is the issue. The number 503 tells you that the Forum's host computer has not replied fast enough and as such the computer you own has given you this message and disconnected the internet link to protect the computer you are using from being "hacked." A refresh of the internet page may rectify the problem by pressing the "F5 function key."

It sounds like it is a "band width" problem which could be: -

• in the "phone lines" between all of the computers "on line" and the network becomes clogged just like the road networks get clogged when too many cars are attempting to use the road network.

• in the forum host companies' computers which cannot cope with the number of "other people" attempting to access the forums. Possibly to many robot intrusions mining data from the forum web site, just like having too many "Sunday drivers" out on the road for a looks see to see what is happening around where they live.

• too many "old" computers on line at one time that are not capable to run at the "speed" needed to access the network and these "older computers" are just slowing down the internet and causing time out problems for the connected computers on line.
The more things attempt to change, the more it remains the same.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is quite possible that in the near future, only the big players will be accessible like FB and Twitter and instagram and other large social networking sites...who knows? embarrassed

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl; @Rita
I think the 503 must be some of default setting when the home page isn't accessible, or something like that.
It was off again just a couple of minutes ago. I think it was Error code 524