OK, What's the real story? Yours!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm eternally curious and wonder about everyone's testimony.

How did you come to be saved? How did you know that you were really born again? Was it a huge change all at once? Everyone's testimony is unique and important. I know that Jesus uses as many ways to speak to the hearts of people as there are inhabitants of this planet.

If you have a minute I would be wonderfully attentive to hear your story. Every single salvation is unique and important. If our tears are entered into God's book and remembered in a bottle then how important is your testimony?

Let me say that even though I don't know each or any of you personally I rejoice at your salvation and that I have one more brother or one more sister in my heavenly family!

Hearing of another salvation is like a parent hearing that they are going to have a new grandchild. Adding to the family of God. Getting saved is the biggest miracle we'll ever experience. No healing miracle compares with being born again. Being changed from one person into another is as big as it gets when it comes to miraculous acts of God!

Our children were saved at very early ages, perhaps as early as three. All three were saved by no later than five years of age. When he was still a toddler our son Nathan would weep in a church service as we held him, tears flowing down his little cheeks. Moved by the presence the spirit of God sweeping through his heart. They were baptized in the Holy Spirit of God very early too. Nathan was seven and Joanna about the same. Laura about ten. How wonderful for your children to be saved and joyfully serving God! I pray that your families have their own joyful testimony of being brought into the family of God.

20160809_214917-1-498x626.jpg

So what's your story please? I'd like to know!

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mine was in August 1964

My dad got saved when I was seven...we started going to church then.Sunday School. So I knew about God, and because adults had told me so...I believed in a God.
Like all teens I went my own way and lived my own life.
Dad was a traveling preacher on Sundays...to little Baptist Chapels, Congregational and Methodist chapels in the countryside of England. Yet he never nagged or preached to us kids.
As a teenager , not wanting to hurt him...and always feeling like God was looking over my shoulder...it kept me from doing may things that I could have regretted later. Just when I was going to indulge I'd hear some little voice saying " thou shalt not". It kept me.

I married at 19 and by 22 I had two children. My young husband was a drinker and gambled...it was not a happy marriage.
My dad had found more truth...no longer a weekend preacher he had joined a spirit filled Church...got baptized in the Holy Ghost, and started moving in the gifts. Being excited, he told me little bits about his church.
I started talking to God..not really praying, but chatting.
He started drawing me.....finally I went to this little mission Hall...I heard about all that Jesus had done to save me...I heard that God wanted me, I heard that could have a changed life in Christ.
I went home that night...fell on my knees...crying....and God overpowered my life ...talk about "Rapture"...I experienced it that night!! I felt like I was looking into the face of God Himself...and feeling the glory of heaven.

Six weeks later my husband was saved too....and we were baptised.

All glory to the Lord!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew I could count on you! Thank you for your story! How much He changes our lives. To bad we couldn't have been saved as a child and escaped much misery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Frank

Have posted my before its around some where, Simply was raised a catholic, than one day around 17 The Holy spirit spoke to me, and no i did not know at the time who He was. 'there is something wrong with all of this", stopped going to mass. many years later my dad come over for a holiday, wanted to go to church, so we found one, gave my life to teh Lord that day. It was my time, it just happened, he gave me his old bible as I never had one., it was many years before I understood what was happening, so here I am, Jesus found me, although I wasnt lost as He always knows where I am.. Only my eldest son has given his life to teh Lord, and that he did at home in bed one day, just out of teh blue it surprised even him. Surpried me as he was in france i hadnt seeing him in abt 5 years as my x took our kids with her.