Okay! How can we, as Christians love completely? We are called to love! Lets get started! Despit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so excited!! Lets encourage each other!!! Let's love beyond denominations!! Thank you for your passion

Reactions: BibleScribe

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shirley....psssssst....you rock! sssssh

Perspectives

Aug 12, 2011
Northwest
"Okay! How can we............I don't think that love is something you just decide to do, and then enjoy the warm fuzzies. Don't get me wrong, everything starts with a decision, an informed decision preferably. Human love dictates that if you do what I want you to do, I'll love you. Devine love flowing through a transformed individual says I'll love you just the way you are. I'll also love you enough to not leave you the way you are. True love is both protective and corrective. Unconditional love in our day for many is an excuse to live as we please and delude ourselves into believing everything is just fine. I don't necessarily think there's a pronounced lack of love on this site, some merely don't understand the difference between correction and condemnation. The 'how can we" question asked, is an ordered progression.....Love is first a decision, then an action, then consistency and follow through. Longevity begins to bloom and is built upon developed sincere God connected relationships.

Reactions: Prentis

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
May our roots go down deep into the soil of Gods marvelous love! Ephesians 3: 17-19 May we really know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge!

When I was wandering in sin, the love shown to me by God's servants made me hungry for him. One time I took my daughter to visit a saint and when we left she said "wow mom, you can really feel the love in her!" She was awed! My deepest prayer is that others will really feel the love of Christ in me!

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
"Okay! How can we............I don't think that love is something you just decide to do, and then enjoy the warm fuzzies. Don't get me wrong, everything starts with a decision, an informed decision preferably. Human love dictates that if you do what I want you to do, I'll love you. Devine love flowing through a transformed individual says I'll love you just the way you are. I'll also love you enough to not leave you the way you are. True love is both protective and corrective. Unconditional love in our day for many is an excuse to live as we please and delude ourselves into believing everything is just fine. I don't necessarily think there's a pronounced lack of love on this site, some merely don't understand the difference between correction and condemnation. The 'how can we" question asked, is an ordered progression.....Love is first a decision, then an action, then consistency and follow through. Longevity begins to bloom and is built upon developed sincere God connected relationships.

The warm fuzzies are affections that are merely as icing on the cake of love. Those warm fuzzies are pretty much totally something we cannot just decide to have. They are pretty much always provoked in us. They are actually better described as emotionally based affections.

Love in a godly sense had to be provoked in us also. We love because he first loved us. But love is both a thing someone else can provoke in us and a thing we can choose to show of our own decision as to what we look at in others.

I can love my enemy because I can choose not to look at what my enemy does that injures me and just see him from the perspective of being a part of the human family and a creation of God.

May our roots go down deep into the soil of Gods marvelous love! Ephesians 3: 17-19 May we really know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge!

When I was wandering in sin, the love shown to me by God's servants made me hungry for him. One time I took my daughter to visit a saint and when we left she said "wow mom, you can really feel the love in her!" She was awed! My deepest prayer is that others will really feel the love of Christ in me!

The number one way that the light of God shows? I suspect so.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I think there are two sides to it. :)

On the one hand, we must choose to love. It's part of the refining of our character and we must do it our of obedience even when it doesn't seem to be there. It is doing it out of faith.

On the other hand, when we submit fully to God and seek him, and he fills us with his Spirit, we are full of love, because he is love, and we are overflowing!

I like what you said, Big Picture...

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
To All,

Loving a child is not simply saying "yes". And so when we as Christians share our understanding of GOD we do it according to the confines of Scripture:

2 Timothy 4:2

(ESV)
[sup]2[/sup]preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

And hopefully, when there are the inevitable reproving and rebukes, these are not in opposition to the exhortations, but hopefully the compliment of a healthy ~diet~. :)

BibleScribe

PS I personally don't like my vegetables, and won't eat anything that starts with a "k" including: karrots, kabbage, kauliflower; kucumbers, and korn (unless it's popped). -- Even though I know they're good for me. ;)

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
PS I personally don't like my vegetables, and won't eat anything that starts with a "k" including: karrots, kabbage, kauliflower; kucumbers, and korn (unless it's popped). -- Even though I know they're good for me. ;)

smilie_girl_093.gif

BibleScribe

Jun 17, 2011
S.W. USA
Dear All,

Please allow me to try contributing once again. (Apparently my previous post was met with some consternation. :lol: )

Where ever someone is hungry, needs shelter, needs clothing, needs compassion, or needs encouragement, I hope I can help meet those needs. For as GOD was gracious and kind to me, so too I desire to share that love to others. For what is our calling except that we love one another.

And in this calling, if I have offended another, I pray you will forgive me. And if I have a fault, please give me the opportunity to correct it. And if I might be so bold as to express my appreciation for the host of this Forum, and all the faithful saints that participate, -- please receive it.

Your Dear Friend,
BibleScribe

Reactions: Prentis

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Please take care in your posts DB. The bible includes both the old and new testament and God was present in both...

Shalom!

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
For a while now I've been wanting to thank the watchmen and the scholars. I love you guys! I don't know history and a lot of things and I learn a lot from you guys. Sometimes I see your ego's but I forgive that b/c we are all human. I'm thankful even to those I do not agree with b/c you are searching the scriptures! Sometimes the intellectual peeps do not come across as loving. I hope to act in the body as a peacemaker as God has given me this gift. I however need to learn to do it with cheerfulness the way Angelina does it. Anyway when I find myself irritated on here I pray for that person. sometimes I say please give me love for this person. Please help me to care about them. So while many of you are thinking about the many who will read, I am thinking about you who is writing. If I ever hurt anyone please tell me because I want to show love to all! I want to win some souls! I want to show love! The apostle Paul said "to the Jew I became a Jew, To the Gentile A gentile. I want to show love so I might win someone!

Reactions: Angelina

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, can't do. I can love beyond demonations, and I can encourage each other. I can even love enough to give an athiest, Buddhist or Muslim a bite to eat if they are hungry. But I will not put love above doctrine. Christ's doctrine was Truth. I ain't gonna lie to them in the name of love. I may still treat them kindly, but when it comes to doctrine, if they ask....

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Dear All,

Please allow me to try contributing once again. (Apparently my previous post was met with some consternation. :lol: )

Where ever someone is hungry, needs shelter, needs clothing, needs compassion, or needs encouragement, I hope I can help meet those needs. For as GOD was gracious and kind to me, so too I desire to share that love to others. For what is our calling except that we love one another.

And in this calling, if I have offended another, I pray you will forgive me. And if I have a fault, please give me the opportunity to correct it. And if I might be so bold as to express my appreciation for the host of this Forum, and all the faithful saints that participate, -- please receive it.

Your Dear Friend,
BibleScribe

Does this mean you're gonna start eating your "k's"?
smilie_girl_146-1.gif

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
To me, in these last days, beyond helping the brethren with basic necessities, the next thing to show great love is for those given to know to help bring brethren out of confusion of the times, and prepare themselves for what's coming upon the whole world. If one really cares, they won't mind how much ridicule or hardship that witnessing may bring. The more the one-world hosts slander God's Word in trying to delegate it as a humanist secular work, the more need for Christ's servants given to understand the end to be bold and give a Testimony for Christ against them.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
For a while now I've been wanting to thank the watchmen and the scholars. I love you guys! I don't know history and a lot of things and I learn a lot from you guys. Sometimes I see your ego's but I forgive that b/c we are all human. I'm thankful even to those I do not agree with b/c you are searching the scriptures! Sometimes the intellectual peeps do not come across as loving. I hope to act in the body as a peacemaker as God has given me this gift. I however need to learn to do it with cheerfulness the way Angelina does it. Anyway when I find myself irritated on here I pray for that person. sometimes I say please give me love for this person. Please help me to care about them. So while many of you are thinking about the many who will read, I am thinking about you who is writing. If I ever hurt anyone please tell me because I want to show love to all! I want to win some souls! I want to show love! The apostle Paul said "to the Jew I became a Jew, To the Gentile A gentile. I want to show love so I might win someone!

Amen dear sister!

Awesome post! All Praise and Glory to God and our Lord Jesus Christ!
smiley-happy036.gif