On How to be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mjrhealth

I am blessed that you question whether I have the spirit of wisdom and understanding. It should be evident to all who read my posts that I do indeed have that spirit.

However, because it is an attempt to discredit my ministry on these boards and therefore falls under the definition of persecution (which is defined as an attempt to hinder the ministry of another); I know, once again, that I am blessed and that the kingdom of heaven belongs to me according to Matthew 5:10-12 and 2 Timothy 3:10-12.

Of course it always saddens me that when this happens, there is the possibility that someone will not enter the kingdom because they were dissuaded from the words of life that I bring to them.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ephesians 2:8
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
1. This verse is about JUSTIFICATION. The one who believes God and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified by grace through faith APART from works. "It is the GIFT of God" makes this perfectly clear. This is a supernatural work of God and the sinner is saved at that very moment, because the righteousness of Christ is imputed to him. Of course, there is much more to this including regeneration, etc.

2. Following justification, Christians are to be SANCTIFIED. Sanctification (just like salvation) is in three tenses: (a) we have been sanctified by the gift of the Holy Spirit, (b) we are being sanctified by the power of the Holy Spirit and (3) we shall be perfected by Christ at the Resurrection/Rapture.

3. Following sanctification comes GLORIFICATION. That is when all the saints are perfected -- bodies, souls, and spirits -- and receive transformed, perfect, incorruptible, immortal, glorious bodies.

Any church or teacher who teaches that salvation = grace + works is a false teacher and a false church.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 4:6 is a key verse concerning justification.

Sanctification comes in our response to having been forgiven (having been forgiven much, we love Jesus much; and therefore obey Him).

And while I do not consider myself to have apprehended this, I do believe that to be sanctified wholly is obtainable in this life. There are numerous scriptures that teach me this, such as 1 John 3:9 (kjv), 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14; 1 John 3:6 w/ 1 John 2:17; Jude 1:24 (kjv), 2 Peter 1:10 (kjv), 1 John 2:10, 2 Timothy 3:17 (kjv), and many more.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are not saved because you believe.
Looks like Calvinists enjoy contradicting Scripture. So let's examine just one passage (Acts 16:30,31)

And [he] brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

So Paul told this jailer that he and his household would be saved BECAUSE he believed. Had Dave been there, he would have immediately contradicted Paul (who, being an apostle, knew exactly what he was talking about). I wonder how Paul would have rebuked Dave.

Reformed Theology turns the Gospel on its head. But people like Dave refuse to repent and abandon that False Gospel. Indeed, they double down on their false beliefs.

D

Dave L

Looks like Calvinists enjoy contradicting Scripture. So let's examine just one passage (Acts 16:30,31)

And [he] brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

So Paul told this jailer that he and his household would be saved BECAUSE he believed. Had Dave been there, he would have immediately contradicted Paul (who, being an apostle, knew exactly what he was talking about). I wonder how Paul would have rebuked Dave.

Reformed Theology turns the Gospel on its head. But people like Dave refuse to repent and abandon that False Gospel. Indeed, they double down on their false beliefs.
They already believed or they would not have asked directions.

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They already believed or they would not have asked directions.
How could they have "already believed" when the man asked in panic " What must I do to be saved?" Do you see how ridiculous you have made yourself by refusing to see the error of your ways?

D

Dave L

How could they have "already believed" when the man asked in panic " What must I do to be saved?" Do you see how ridiculous you have made yourself by refusing to see the error of your ways?
If he did not believe he would not have asked for instructions. Paul assured him about believing on Jesus.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We are approved by God, because of what Christ did, none can earn there approval by there works.
imo you would be better served to stop seeking approval and start facing that the judgement for your own works is the only judgement that you can find in Scripture, regardless of how many posts like this you ignore

Reactions: brakelite

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
imo you would be better served to stop seeking approval and start facing that the judgement for your own works is the only judgement that you can find in Scripture, regardless of how many posts like this you ignore
I thought you where not talking to me any more. What approval do I seek, since God approves of men by the works of His son, what approval is there to seek. And since you dont even believe in the fundamentals of Christianity, in that Jesus died once for the sins of all mankind, why on earth are you here???

Must of dented Ego again...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth

I am blessed that you question whether I have the spirit of wisdom and understanding. It should be evident to all who read my posts that I do indeed have that spirit.

However, because it is an attempt to discredit my ministry on these boards and therefore falls under the definition of persecution (which is defined as an attempt to hinder the ministry of another); I know, once again, that I am blessed and that the kingdom of heaven belongs to me according to Matthew 5:10-12 and 2 Timothy 3:10-12.

Of course it always saddens me that when this happens, there is the possibility that someone will not enter the kingdom because they were dissuaded from the words of life that I bring to them.
I thought Christianity was about Christ, I didnt know it was about you...

We are saved by grace through faith it is a gift, anything we add makes it no longer a gift but something earned, that makes it than, about us and not about Him, "Jesus". How christianty mocks Him so often as if He didnt do enough.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What approval do I seek, since God approves of men by the works of His son, what approval is there to seek. And since you dont even believe in the fundamentals of Christianity, in that Jesus died once for the sins of all mankind, why on earth are you here???

see how you have once again avoided the post, mjr?
start facing that the judgement for your own works is the only judgement that you can find in Scripture
could you address this pls? ty

"And since you dont even believe in the fundamentals of Christianity"
or at least the Cult of Sol, as we have tried to discuss before
"in that Jesus died once for the sins of all mankind"
has also been sort of discussed, only you did the same thing there you are now doing here, see,
your Absolute Truths will always over-ride my beliefs on the matter, yes, certainly

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much confusion and disagreement would an unbeliever searching for God find in this discussion, indeed on any Christian "forum"? How much of the love of God? After reading all posts they would indeed be perplexed. The simplicity of the gospel got lost along the way.

I am by the way criticizing no one. Having been neglected by denominational groups for 33 godless years Jesus had to reach out and save me himself. NO MAN CARED FOR MY SOUL. My thanks to God forevermore to God that came so that I owe my salvation to no man no group, no denomination, no doctrine, no doctrinal statement, no doctor of divinity, so called.

Ezekiel 34
20Therefore, this is what the Lord GOD says to them: ‘Behold, I Myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep.
21Since you shove with flank and shoulder, and butt all the weak ones with your horns until you scattered them abroad,
22I will save My flock, and they will no longer be prey. I will judge between one sheep and another.
23I will appoint over them one shepherd, My servant David, and he will feed them. He will feed them and be their shepherd.
24I, the LORD, will be their God, and My servant David will be a prince among them. I, the LORD, have spoken.’

Many sit in gathering place buildings and only reach out to others by so called visitation programs - not by unction of the Holy Spirit of God. When they go forth it is to ask the miserable victims to come to their church. Nothing about the love of Jesus or the cross or the blood. They want you to come to their meeting to let the preacher tell you whatever he thinks is right.

There is no love in most outreaches. There is no discernable love shown in these posts, only an apparent desire to be right, to dominate. One sheep pushing around a would be sheep as God had Ezekiel write.

An unbeliever would see no love here, only men wrestling with each other. Their thought would be "these only have strife and disagreement, they don't have anything I don't see every day.

Why are we not able to exhibit love one to another, let alone to strangers ? Why? If would be impossible friends to describe the wretched condition of my soul and spirit when Jesus came for me.

I had no one to ask about God and wouldn't know what to ask if I had. My home was wretched as a child. I had relatives that delved into the occult and as a consequence I was filled with unknown fears. Lack of self worth kept me looking at the ground instead of looking into another's eyes. Uproars and attempted murder, infidelity I viewed through the eyes of a small child. I have no use or patience with religion.

When Jesus came I had no idea what had come to pass, only that strangely all of the worldly things I always practiced were suddenly foreign and repulsive. I had for the first time a desire to read the Bible and talk with others that knew something about God. Things I didn't know, at all.

2Corinthians 5:20
There are mournful wretched souls just as I was in 1977. Let us reach out to them in a spirit of love and reconciliation.

20Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ: Be reconciled to God.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you where not talking to me any more. What approval do I seek, since God approves of men by the works of His son, what approval is there to seek. And since you dont even believe in the fundamentals of Christianity, in that Jesus died once for the sins of all mankind, why on earth are you here???

When you explain to me in "english" what you are on about than maybe i could,

and i would still like to know why you are here????

Who are you talking to?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought Christianity was about Christ, I didnt know it was about you...

We are saved by grace through faith it is a gift, anything we add makes it no longer a gift but something earned, that makes it than, about us and not about Him, "Jesus". How christianty mocks Him so often as if He didnt do enough.

Yes, Christianity is about Christ, and not about either me or you...

Salvation is by grace through faith; it is a free gift.

He did it all! Righteousness (1 John 3:7, Philippians 3:9, 2 Corinthians 5:7) is not earned but given (Romans 5:17).

You do something to one of the least of these His brethren and you do it unto Him.

Last edited:

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your list you forgot to mention Communion.

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

TruthBeliever

Nov 29, 2018
Alameda Count
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Any church or teacher who teaches that salvation = grace + works is a false teacher and a false church.[/QUOTE]
Before you make any statement like that please consider totality of the scriptures and not just one scripture and your perception. It has to be the WORD of God in totality.
It starts by Grace (open door) then comes down to what WE HAVE TO DO... Jesus will not repent for us.. We have to repent... Jesus will not be baptized for us WE HAVE TO BE BAPTIZED but He will do the washing away of the sins because it says:
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
What are going to do about the above scripture?
God will give the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in other tongues....
Acts 2, Acts 10, Acts 19, etc...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before you make any statement like that please consider totality of the scriptures and not just one scripture and your perception. It has to be the WORD of God in totality.
I believe I already clarified the totality of the doctrine of salvation. Repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ are the two components of obedience to the Gospel. And all men are commanded to obey the Gospel.

Sanctification follows justification. It begins with believer's baptism, and (ideally) continues until death or the Rapture. That is what it means to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

But no one earns their salvation, or keeps themselves saved through sanctification or good works. Salvation is supernatural, and we are kept by the power of God.

Good works earn rewards, but salvation is a GIFT of God's grace. If you cannot grasp this basic thought, you will not understand either the grace of God or the meaning of salvation.