ON THE FENCE ABOUT REPENTANCE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you honour the Father as God?

You ought to honour the Son with the same honour that you honour the Father with.

But as I said in the other thread, until you begin to accept the holy scriptures as inspired, I see no point in arguing further with you. it is a waste of precious, better-spent time.

So, don't be surprised if you find yourself on my Ignore list in the very near future.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never denied the Gospel of Jesus Christ, maybe your version.pray tell me where I did.

Jhn 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:2, The same was in the beginning with God.
Jhn 1:3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jhn 1:14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1Co 15:1, Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2, By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3, For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4, And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God dwells in eternity; and by nature one who lives in eternity cannot cease to dwell in eternity but dwells in eternity for ever.

Yet He descended to become a Man.

This Man died on a Cross; He gave His soul as an offering for sin.

@mjrhealth, you are denying the gospel of Jesus Christ at its most basic level. Have you never read 1 Corinthians 15:1-4?
so are you when you hold to kenosis in Philippians 2. You are no better than the other person with your view as your jesus was not Omnipresent, Omnipotent nor Omniscient for 33 years. So your god changed.

both kenosis and oneness are heresies which you espouse.

REPENT !

hope this helps !!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t swallow anything whole without chewing on it more than once, I question anything I’m told especially when I’m told I have to believe without question.
No ATs [Absolute Truths] accepted because any man or men has said that it is so!

"The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh." Ecc 4:5

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen- And the Holy Spirit will lead men into all the truth.
Indeed, but when instead of always follow the Holy Spirit, men regularly and routinely quench the Holy Spirit in them, what is the result? Perhaps a multitude of churches or denominations with mixed and very often conflicting messages... Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: mjrhealth
Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No ATs [Absolute Truths] accepted because any man or men has said that it is so!

"The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh." Ecc 4:5

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." John 6:53-56

there definitely is absolute truth. But not because men say it’s so,

upload_2020-12-25_12-44-20.jpeg

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you honour the Father as God?

You ought to honour the Son with the same honour that you honour the Father with.
So what you are saying is Jesus is not God?? We honour God by beleving in the works that Christ did, His son.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jhn 1:1, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:2, The same was in the beginning with God.
Jhn 1:3, All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jhn 1:14, And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1Co 15:1, Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2, By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3, For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4, And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
And yet I sad exactly that, and teh word became flesh. God didnt.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your god changed.

So did yours, if Jesus is your God.

Because, He became sin for us in order that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21).

So, either He was sin the whole time or else He changed from being righteousness to sin.

In all reality, God didn't change...He died.

And before that, He didn't change...He incarnated, taking on an added human nature.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah that is just more evidence you dont want the truth, just like the pharissees.
You don't have the truth, @mjrhealth.

You have rejected a doctrine/truth that Jesus said is essential to salvation (John 8:24).

How many times do I have to warn you for you to receive the truth?

Therefore, if all that I say to you is not going to have any effect on you, why should I continue discoursing with you? It would be a fruitless endeavor.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So did yours, if Jesus is your God.
Jesus is My Lord and saviour, God will always be God , you know this one,

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
Dan 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
Dan 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
Dan 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

And one for you

1Jn_5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't have the truth, @mjrhealth.

You have rejected a doctrine/truth that Jesus said is essential to salvation (John 8:24).

How many times do I have to warn you for you to receive the truth?

Therefore, if all that I say to you is not going to have any effect on you, why should I continue discoursing with you? It would be a fruitless endeavor.
If you are the one with the truth why are you the one that is so angry, and no you wont change me, I found Christ and God, well they found me not like they are hiding, they are enough.

Act 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can have the last word, @mjrhealth.

Since you are unwilling to change, I do not see any reason to try to change you.

Just as it is written,

Gen 6:3, And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette In Romans 2, repentance is indeed linked with the very goodness of God. :)

Yes it is through Him we can even be able to change our mind about what is sin or not and then when we have changed our mind- then it produces the change of action.

As I teach every class I instruct:

1. Right living comes from right thinking.
2. Right thinking comes from right knowledge
3. Right knowledge comes from the Word of God.

Romans 12
King James Version

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

This is our life long growing process.

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what you are saying is Jesus is not God?? We honour God by beleving in the works that Christ did, His son.
If you honour the Son with the same honour that you honour the Father with, then you honour Him as God.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What about "and the Word was God" don't you understand?
Well it was, and His word became flesh,, is not your words a part of you, when you speak them do you not own them, they too can bring life or death, His word brought life in the Man Jesus, that very man who died for you on the cross. And did His word not return to Him completing the work it was sent to do as prophesied.

Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Joh_17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you honour the Son with the same honour that you honour the Father with, then you honour Him as God.
No I hour the son because of what He did, and so thefore Honour God, you just keep adding.

Joh_8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: