ON THE FENCE ABOUT REPENTANCE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7:13-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

no it really isn’t implied here.
It is, in that the kjv-only, and even the kjv-superior, standpoints are considered to be narrow points of view.

Therefore, it ought to be considered that believing in the inerrancy and inspiration of the kjv is part of the narrow path that Jesus is speaking of in Matthew 7:13-14.

Consider also Matthew 5:18. Modern translations remove jot and tittle; while the kjv keeps jot and tittle and is therefore the faithful and inspired word of God.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t swallow anything whole without chewing on it more than once, I question anything I’m told especially when I’m told I have to believe without question.

Reactions: amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t swallow anything whole without chewing on it more than once, I question.

You may certainly question what I am saying to you.

By all means, look into the issue of the kjv-only controversy.

(I wouldn't get my information from CARM, because they censor anything that is distinctly in favour of the kjv-only, or the kjv-superior, side of the conversation).

Dec 24, 2020
Springfield
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Perception matters In John 17.17, it's great to have the Lord Jesus' reference point for truth: "Sanctify them through Thy Truth; Thy word is truth".

Jesus is the truth.

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” And then turned to paper and ink.
‭‭John‬ ‭1:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

they must’ve left the last part out.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jesus is the truth.

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” And then turned to paper and ink.

@Perception matters Great verse there about the Incarnation!

Happy Christmas, BTW...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is the truth.

Amen- And the Holy Spirit will lead men into all the truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you have Him, He will lead you into the truth and knowledge of the Deity of Jesus Christ; among other things.
You still mad about that one. And you talk about truth, there is only one God....HE had a son.. His name is Jesus, Yeshua.

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
Dan 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
Dan 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
Dan 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
The Son of Man Is Given Dominion
Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still mad about that one. And you talk about truth, there is only one God....HE had a son.. His name is Jesus, Yeshua.

Dan 7:9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
Dan 7:10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
Dan 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
Dan 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
The Son of Man Is Given Dominion
Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
None of those passages disprove the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
None of those passages disprove the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ.
It does you just dont want to believe it, He is the Son HE is not the father, that is for another forum,

But than as regards repentance, its simple to turn back to the father and admit you where wrong and HE was right, and God,

Luk 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
Luk 15:21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
Luk 15:22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

God gives little regards to what you have done, He just desires His children to turn back to Him so He can have the family He desires. And heaven rejoices.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does you just don't <fify> want to believe it,
If it did then I would believe it. But it doesn't.

The Trinity may be difficult to explain; but it is very simple when it comes down to the nitty-gritty of the matter.

God became a Man; died and released His own Spirit to come to dwell in humankind.

God is that very Spirit; He dwells in eternity; and He descended to take on an added nature of human flesh.

While by nature one who dwells in eternity cannot cease to dwell in eternity even if they did descend into time; for the nature of one who dwells in eternity is that they dwell in it for ever.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Trinity may be difficult to explain; but it is very simple when it comes down to the nitty-gritty of the matter.

God became a Man; died and released His own Spirit to come to dwell in humankind.

God is that very Spirit; He dwells in eternity; and He descended to take on an added nature of human flesh.

He never did, His word became flesh, not God. No such thing as the trinity which has nothing to do with ones salvation, If Jesus was God than having faith in God would be enough for salvation but it, isnt because HE never died for your sins, Christ did.

Some thing to do with not willing to believe the truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
YHWH is the first and the last, would you agree or disagree, according to Isaiah 44:6?

To @mjrhealth.
Yes He is the first and He is the last, but that doesnt change the fact, was his word not with Him in the beginning, did His word not become flesh, did it not return to Him, Jesus

Isa_55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Did HE not do as as the father asked, did HE Jesus not accomplish the task set before Him.

Joh_17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Who Sent Him???

Joh_8:54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Why will you not let God have a son, ???

Act_7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes He is the first and He is the last, <snip the rest>

That is all I needed to hear.

Now i will address your point that YHWH never died for the sins of the world.

Look at the following.

Rev 1:17, And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

This is YHWH correct?

Glad you have already agreed to this.

Now the next part.

Rev 1:18, I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Say what say what?

YHWH liveth, and was dead!

What a darned interesting revelation!

Bet you never saw that before.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is all I needed to hear.

Now i will address your point that YHWH never died for the sins of the world.

Look at the following.

Rev 1:17, And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

This is YHWH correct?

Glad you have already agreed to this.

Now the next part.

Rev 1:18, I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Say what say what?

YHWH liveth, and was dead!

What a darned interesting revelation!

Bet you never saw that before.
God died, and yet we are still here, wow God who holds all things together died and yet all things remained together. He who is alive and lives forever died. Didnt see that one did you. God who never changes, changed. But you dont want to see it do you???

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God died, and yet we are still here, wow God who holds all things together died and yet all things remained together. He who is alive and lives forever died. Didnt see that one did you. God who never changes, changed. But you dont want to see it do you???
God dwells in eternity; and by nature one who lives in eternity cannot cease to dwell in eternity but dwells in eternity for ever.

Yet He descended to become a Man.

This Man died on a Cross; He gave His soul as an offering for sin.

@mjrhealth, you are denying the gospel of Jesus Christ at its most basic level. Have you never read 1 Corinthians 15:1-4?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth, you are denying the gospel of Jesus Christ at its most basic level. Have you never read 1 Corinthians 15:1-4?
I have never denied the Gospel of Jesus Christ, maybe your version.pray tell me where I did. Make it simple for you, if only God the father can Honour the son, than how can Jesus be God. And since God is Spirit, and Christ died as a man (the flesh) and as the son of God ( seperated from God, Spirit) how can He be God, can God be seperated from God.

And the Holy Ghost descended upon Him, and a voice came from heaven, This is my Son in whom I am well Pleased, Hear Him. Jesus Christ the first of the new creation, a son of man with the Spirit of God in Him.