Once Blood Bought and Justified, Always Blood Bought and Justified? ... You Betcha!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would be a better anaolgy; that God is not a rapist and does not violate people's will to die? IMO invoking the "Who can resist him?" to support universalism is tenuous, at best.
Replying to the OP, "bought with a price", I'm talking about the redeemed. I wouldn't compare us to dogs.
It means that you are owned. That someone else has full say over what happens concerning you. It means that your owner has the right to impose His ownership of you upon everyone else, that is, no one else, not even yourself, can go against His ownership of you.

So if your owner has sealed you for a purpose, for that purpose you are sealed. If that is to be saved in the day of redemption, who can gainsay it?

Considering this Owner is the all-powerful Creator Himself, our Heavenly Father, who can resist Him?

Much love!
If fact, well, God says it best,

Acts 20:28 KJV
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

We are bought and sealed with God's seal of ownership. We are His to do with as He pleases. According to the Bible, it pleases Him to make us like Jesus Christ.

According to Hebrews 12, none of His children can resist the good effects of His chastening, and everything that happens is working for our good. What's good for us is to become Christ-like.

Much love!

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An "unsaved Christian" is definitely an oxymoron ... I take your statement to mean, if Christians ultimately have been saved from God's wrath through trusting in Christ's substitutionary death, and therefore will never forever perish in the Lake of Fire ..... then why all the warnings to Christians in the NT?

This is the way I see it ... Salvation is secure, the promises of salvation are there to encourage the faint hearted and discouraged. The warnings are there to awake the complacent, presumptuous, backsliding or sinning. God utilizes both blessings and warnings [as well as His hand of chastening] in order to fulfill His promise to preserve all of His children [John 6:37-39].

The following question is carefully and specifically framed to represent my Molinist viewpoint :

Q: Can a genuine believer lose salvation?
A: Yes.

Q: Will a genuine believer lose salvation?
A: No.

It is one thing to state that something is possible and impossible at the same time, and quite another to say that although a circumstance is possible ... that it must necessarily [at least in one single instance] actuate or come to pass ... the former claim is simply nonsensical. My Molinist position asserts that just because a circumstance [with it's accompanying consequences] may occur ... it simply will not occur in the case of a genuine believer.

"Salvation is secure. The promises of salvation are there to encourage the faint hearted and discouraged. The warnings are there to awake the complacent, presumptuous, backsliding or sinning. God utilizes both blessings and warnings in order to fulfill His promise to preserve all of His children [John 6:37-39].

To illustrate using the warning label on lawnmowers. Manufacturers are lawfully required to mark an easily seen warning that says something along these lines, "DANGER!! ... KEEP HANDS AND FEET AWAY TO AVOID SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH" ...

(1) What is the purpose of the warning? ... to prevent serious injury or death.

(2) Is it logical or coherent to assert that any person will or must actually place their hands or feet under the lawnmower in order to make the warning real? ... I don't believe so.

(3) Whether or not a person complies with the warning does not do away with the actual consequences that accompany failure to do so.

(4) Whether or not, and which persons, which actually fail to heed the warning(s) and suffer the real consequences is an entirely distinct question.

(5) The warning passages [scattered throughout the scriptures] are just one of the many means that God utilizes to preserve His children safely into their Heavenly inheritance.

The above truth statements contain some of the most essential premises contained in the Molinist "can/won't model of perseverance". It's the model which I believe best answers the question of "what do we do with the various warning passages we find throughout scripture?"
Lots of opinions there!

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of opinions there!

How's this for another truth statement : " "I cannot not believe in Jesus." --- the exact sentiments expressed by many believers as well as the Apostle Paul! :

2 TIMOTHY 1:12, "For this reason I also suffer these things; but I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to protect what I have entrusted [past tense] to Him until that day.

The crazy but unfortunate thing about this is that there are likely genuine believers out there who don't actually believe that they will necessarily continue trusting in Jesus for their salvation ... consequently, they can easily become paralyzed with the fear at times that they will stop believing in Him at some time in the future and lose their salvation. They simply don't perceive and understand that the various hypothetical/conditional statements, the "ifs" seen throughout the scriptures, such as Colossians 1:23. "if indeed you continue in the faith" speak of the guaranteed by-product or result of a person being indwelt by the Holy Spirit [i.e. - all those who have genuinely born-again will continue in the faith -- or stated differently ... if a person has genuinely been born-again, they will consequently continue in the faith].

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 :
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Ezekiel 36:26-27, "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws."

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would be a better anaolgy; that God is not a rapist and does not violate people's will to die? IMO invoking the "Who can resist him?" to support universalism is tenuous, at best.

Replying to the OP, "bought with a price", I'm talking about the redeemed. I wouldn't compare us to dogs.
Doesn't really answer the question of what would be a better anaolgy. Not answering questions. Typical.

Changing the subject from those who reject Christ to the redeemed. Typical.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Changing the subject from those who reject Christ to the redeemed. Typical.

The only time "rejecting Christ" leads to the 2nd Death..(Hell then the Lake of Fire) is if you were never born again..

See, once you are born again, then what you think you believe, later, has no bearing on what God has accepted already from you, (Your Faith) and it has been counted as Righteousness, which is why a person is Born again by the Holy Spirit.
See that?
That's DONE.

If this has never happened, then in that Case, Christ Rejection, has led to never being born again, ... and the Unpardonable sin has been committed until you died and it followed you into eternity....... is the reason you go to Hell.

Reactions: Ritajanice