Once Blood Bought and Justified, Always Blood Bought and Justified? ... You Betcha!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said it was easy to keep God's word? Although, there is a sense in which obeying God's commandments are said to be "easy" ... 1 John 5:3, " For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome."
You seem to question....so why does He give us unlimited sin forgiveness?
Because we are weak and need help...often.
Thank God for His understanding.

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Salvation Shorts" :

There are many professing believers out there who tell me that Jesus' finished work on the cross doesn't equal OSAS. My response ... "correct, it doesn't equal it ... it's the guaranteed result of it for all those who have truly trusted solely in it for their eternal salvation/life."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Salvation Shorts" :

There are many professing believers out there who tell me that Jesus' finished work on the cross doesn't equal OSAS. My response ... "correct, it doesn't equal it ... it's the guaranteed result of it for all those who have truly trusted solely in it for their eternal salvation/life."
And yet so many sure seem to be embracing the idea that other religoins HAVE no need to believe on him
and that all we need is this love stuff they keep pumping out .
Ps , the OSAS camp is already heavily INFECTED with this lie too . ANYONE wanna tell me why THAT IS .
I mean they holler all day OSAS , and that all we need to do is believe in trust in Christ . WHICH IS TRUE
YET they seem to be honoring a rainbow flag waving jesus who seems to honor all religoins . POT , KETTLE , HYPROCRISY .
ALLOW me to explain what is really going on . MOST , not all , but most that embraced OSAS
did so for one reason . SO THEY COULD CONTINUE IN SIN AND FEEL SAVED . SO its no wonder
they now believe the SIN OF DEATH . and what sin is that .
THE SIN OF UNBELIEF . THEY BELIEVE so long as muslims , jews and who knows what else just loves THEY ARE FINE
and FAITH IN JESUS has been KICKED RIGHT OUT THE DOOR . but then again MOST NEVER REALLY HAD FAITH IN JESUS
to begin with . I do know , however some OSAS ones that are still fighing against the false love lie
SO allow me to expose that lie .
THE ABRAHAM FAITH ACCORDS IS OF SATAN . THE ALL INCLUSIVE all religoins lead to GOD IS A LIE .
AND if you cannot discern that , YOU BE IN DIRE DEADLY GRAVE danger .
SO allow me to repeat what i been saying all along .
ONE BETTER BELIEVE IN , HAVE ALL FAITH AND T RUST IN CHRIST ALONE . AND IT BETTER BE THE ONE IN THE BIBLE
and not rather the one men been trying to preach to us .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet so many sure seem to be embracing the idea that other religoins HAVE no need to believe on him
and that all we need is this love stuff they keep pumping out .
Ps , the OSAS camp is already heavily INFECTED with this lie too . ANYONE wanna tell me why THAT IS .
I mean they holler all day OSAS , and that all we need to do is believe in trust in Christ . WHICH IS TRUE
YET they seem to be honoring a rainbow flag waving jesus who seems to honor all religoins . POT , KETTLE , HYPROCRISY .
ALLOW me to explain what is really going on . MOST , not all , but most that embraced OSAS
did so for one reason . SO THEY COULD CONTINUE IN SIN AND FEEL SAVED . SO its no wonder
they now believe the SIN OF DEATH . and what sin is that .
THE SIN OF UNBELIEF . THEY BELIEVE so long as muslims , jews and who knows what else just loves THEY ARE FINE
and FAITH IN JESUS has been KICKED RIGHT OUT THE DOOR . but then again MOST NEVER REALLY HAD FAITH IN JESUS
to begin with . I do know , however some OSAS ones that are still fighing against the false love lie
SO allow me to expose that lie .
THE ABRAHAM FAITH ACCORDS IS OF SATAN . THE ALL INCLUSIVE all religoins lead to GOD IS A LIE .
AND if you cannot discern that , YOU BE IN DIRE DEADLY GRAVE danger .
SO allow me to repeat what i been saying all along .
ONE BETTER BELIEVE IN , HAVE ALL FAITH AND T RUST IN CHRIST ALONE . AND IT BETTER BE THE ONE IN THE BIBLE
and not rather the one men been trying to preach to us .

You stated, "Ps , the OSAS camp is already heavily INFECTED with this lie too . ANYONE wanna tell me why THAT IS .
YET they seem to be honoring a rainbow flag waving jesus who seems to honor all religoins."

And just exactly who are the "they" that you refer to? There is a true version of OSAS, and there are false versions of it. Do you really suppose that a false version [or 100 false versions for that matter] of OSAS can actually do away with the true, scriptural version of it? ... I certainly hope not.

You stated, "YET they seem to be honoring a rainbow flag waving jesus who seems to honor all religoins."

Come on now my friend , do you actually suppose that the "church" organizations who subscribe to all types of liberal doctrinal heresies are exclusively [or even mainly] confined to those who hold to the OSAS doctrine? Wow!, your claim is ridiculous and well as far removed from reality; it's one that you won't be able to provide any credible evidence whatsoever for .... please stop embarrassing yourself.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Salvation Shorts" :

OSAS....... is a new age religion myth. Study scriptures.

Jesus' finish work (death) on the cross equals (establishes) GRACE, under which we may become born again.
Not OSAS.

Last edited:

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS....... is a new age religion myth. Study scriptures.

Jesus' finish work (death) on the cross equals (establishes) GRACE, under which we may become born again.
Not OSAS.

O.K. - I certainly agree that the finished work of Christ at Calvary was the ultimate demonstration of God's grace. Therefore, my truth statement can easily be restated and remain intact while incorporating the element of God's grace as follows ... The ultimate demonstration of God's grace, Christ's finished atoning work, does not equal OSAS ... OSAS is the guaranteed result of it for all those who have truly trusted solely in it for their eternal salvation/life."

You stated that "Jesus' finished work (death) on the cross ***equals (establishes)*** GRACE". Your error here is trying to force the terms "equal" and "establishing" to be synonymous terms ... they obviously are not. The reality is that Jesus' finished work and God's grace are the foundational grounding causes that establish OSAS as the guaranteed result of them [God's grace and Jesus' finished work] for all those who have truly trusted solely in it [them] for their eternal salvation/life.

Conclusion : OSAS remains a precious promise of God .... not a "new age religion myth" as some tragically suppose.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stated, "Ps , the OSAS camp is already heavily INFECTED with this lie too . ANYONE wanna tell me why THAT IS .
YET they seem to be honoring a rainbow flag waving jesus who seems to honor all religoins."

And just exactly who are the "they" that you refer to? There is a true version of OSAS, and there are false versions of it. Do you really suppose that a false version [or 100 false versions for that matter] of OSAS can actually do away with the true, scriptural version of it? ... I certainly hope not.

You stated, "YET they seem to be honoring a rainbow flag waving jesus who seems to honor all religoins."

Come on now my friend , do you actually suppose that the "church" organizations who subscribe to all types of liberal doctrinal heresies are exclusively [or even mainly] confined to those who hold to the OSAS doctrine? Wow!, your claim is ridiculous and well as far removed from reality; it's one that you won't be able to provide any credible evidence whatsoever for .... please stop embarrassing yourself.
Oh , i never said it was held to just the OSAS camp . This stuff is all over the place and places of many within all of christendom .

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No OSAS in the Christian Bible!

Well, the false misrepresentation of it is certainly not there as it is in the world ... but the true version of it certainly is ... it's just so tragic that so very few rightly perceive and receive that precious doctrine.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the false misrepresentation of it is certainly not there as it is in the world ... but the true version of it certainly is ... it's just so tragic that so very few rightly perceive and receive that precious doctrine.
If Christians can't be unsaved then why all the warnings to Christians in the NT?

Reactions: gpresdo

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this were true, universalism would be true and there'd be no benefit to believing that Jesus is the Anointed One.

Show me any kind of credible scriptural evidence for your claim that God's promise to preserve all those [i.e - and only those] who have placed their faith solely in Christ's atoning work on their behalf necessarily makes the claim of universalism valid ... it simply doesn't exist ... frankly put, your claim is nonsensical.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptures do not support OSAS in any way. The Bible tells us we must maintain our righteous standing...."until the end".

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Christians can't be unsaved then why all the warnings to Christians in the NT?

An "unsaved Christian" is definitely an oxymoron ... I take your statement to mean, if Christians ultimately have been saved from God's wrath through trusting in Christ's substitutionary death, and therefore will never forever perish in the Lake of Fire ..... then why all the warnings to Christians in the NT?

This is the way I see it ... Salvation is secure, the promises of salvation are there to encourage the faint hearted and discouraged. The warnings are there to awake the complacent, presumptuous, backsliding or sinning. God utilizes both blessings and warnings [as well as His hand of chastening] in order to fulfill His promise to preserve all of His children [John 6:37-39].

The following question is carefully and specifically framed to represent my Molinist viewpoint :

Q: Can a genuine believer lose salvation?
A: Yes.

Q: Will a genuine believer lose salvation?
A: No.

It is one thing to state that something is possible and impossible at the same time, and quite another to say that although a circumstance is possible ... that it must necessarily [at least in one single instance] actuate or come to pass ... the former claim is simply nonsensical. My Molinist position asserts that just because a circumstance [with it's accompanying consequences] may occur ... it simply will not occur in the case of a genuine believer.

"Salvation is secure. The promises of salvation are there to encourage the faint hearted and discouraged. The warnings are there to awake the complacent, presumptuous, backsliding or sinning. God utilizes both blessings and warnings in order to fulfill His promise to preserve all of His children [John 6:37-39].

To illustrate using the warning label on lawnmowers. Manufacturers are lawfully required to mark an easily seen warning that says something along these lines, "DANGER!! ... KEEP HANDS AND FEET AWAY TO AVOID SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH" ...

(1) What is the purpose of the warning? ... to prevent serious injury or death.

(2) Is it logical or coherent to assert that any person will or must actually place their hands or feet under the lawnmower in order to make the warning real? ... I don't believe so.

(3) Whether or not a person complies with the warning does not do away with the actual consequences that accompany failure to do so.

(4) Whether or not, and which persons, which actually fail to heed the warning(s) and suffer the real consequences is an entirely distinct question.

(5) The warning passages [scattered throughout the scriptures] are just one of the many means that God utilizes to preserve His children safely into their Heavenly inheritance.

The above truth statements contain some of the most essential premises contained in the Molinist "can/won't model of perseverance". It's the model which I believe best answers the question of "what do we do with the various warning passages we find throughout scripture?"

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An "unsaved Christian" is definitely an oxymoron ... I take your statement to mean, if Christians ultimately have been saved from God's wrath through trusting in Christ's substitutionary death, and therefore will never forever perish in the Lake of Fire ..... then why all the warnings to Christians in the NT?

This is the way I see it ... Salvation is secure, the promises of salvation are there to encourage the faint hearted and discouraged. The warnings are there to awake the complacent, presumptuous, backsliding or sinning. God utilizes both blessings and warnings [as well as His hand of chastening] in order to fulfill His promise to preserve all of His children [John 6:37-39].

The following question is carefully and specifically framed to represent my Molinist viewpoint :

Q: Can a genuine believer lose salvation?
A: Yes.

Q: Will a genuine believer lose salvation?
A: No.

It is one thing to state that something is possible and impossible at the same time, and quite another to say that although a circumstance is possible ... that it must necessarily [at least in one single instance] actuate or come to pass ... the former claim is simply nonsensical. My Molinist position asserts that just because a circumstance [with it's accompanying consequences] may occur ... it simply will not occur in the case of a genuine believer.

"Salvation is secure. The promises of salvation are there to encourage the faint hearted and discouraged. The warnings are there to awake the complacent, presumptuous, backsliding or sinning. God utilizes both blessings and warnings in order to fulfill His promise to preserve all of His children [John 6:37-39].

To illustrate using the warning label on lawnmowers. Manufacturers are lawfully required to mark an easily seen warning that says something along these lines, "DANGER!! ... KEEP HANDS AND FEET AWAY TO AVOID SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH" ...

(1) What is the purpose of the warning? ... to prevent serious injury or death.

(2) Is it logical or coherent to assert that any person will or must actually place their hands or feet under the lawnmower in order to make the warning real? ... I don't believe so.

(3) Whether or not a person complies with the warning does not do away with the actual consequences that accompany failure to do so.

(4) Whether or not, and which persons, which actually fail to heed the warning(s) and suffer the real consequences is an entirely distinct question.

(5) The warning passages [scattered throughout the scriptures] are just one of the many means that God utilizes to preserve His children safely into their Heavenly inheritance.

The above truth statements contain some of the most essential premises contained in the Molinist "can/won't model of perseverance". It's the model which I believe best answers the question of "what do we do with the various warning passages we find throughout scripture?"
The Bible says....maintain until the end.
Yes a repented...born again person can loose that status if they don't maintain righteousness.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Scriptures do not support OSAS in any way. The Bible tells us we must maintain our righteous standing...."until the end".

Jesus maintains our "righteous standing" because Jesus is our Salvation and our Eternal Life.

Salvation is not what you do.... Its what Jesus has accomplished on the Cross.

He said from the Cross, before dying....= "IT.... is finished'.

What is finished?

= Our Salvation.

This .... 2nd Corinthians 5:19

This.... John 3:17

We dont do it......we RECEIVE IT by Faith, as its "The GIFT of Salvation".

Jesus said.. "ALL that believe in me... ,I GIVE UNTO YOU".....

See that?

We dont DO THAT..... HE DID THAT........We RECEIVE IT.... as its "THE GIFT of Salvation"

And once again..

"For God so loved the world that HE GAVE"...

"HE GAVE"

See that?

There is your Salvation..

God GAVE the Cross of Christ.....and our Salvation is Jesus on it, who rose from the dead to PROVE IT'S finished and to prove its TRUE.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me any kind of credible scriptural evidence for your claim that God's promise to preserve all those [i.e - and only those] who have placed their faith solely in Christ's atoning work on their behalf necessarily makes the claim of universalism valid ... it simply doesn't exist ... frankly put, your claim is nonsensical.
I did not make a claim, just stated a logical train IF-THEN. You are the one who is failing to provide any Scriptural evidence that someone who rejects Christ will still be saved.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering this Owner is the all-powerful Creator Himself, our Heavenly Father, who can resist Him?

The stiff-necked, hard hearted. Some dogs have to be put down - even though they are generally man's best friend.

Rather poor analogy, IMO.

Much love!
What would be a better anaolgy; that God is not a rapist and does not violate people's will to die? IMO invoking the "Who can resist him?" to support universalism is tenuous, at best.