Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that anyone who loves has God in them. I believe scriptures are written for us to have and find hope, Old Testament, and I believe the Apostolic record is beneficial to a persons spiritual well being.

People should obey God by worshipping him in spirit and truth. Never man, or woman.
I THINK I understand your statement. Anyone who loves God, has God in them.

What if one loves God but doesn't DO what Scripture tells them they must DO to be saved? Is God in them? Do they have spiritual wellbeing if they don't adhere to Scripture?

Or is your theory if one loves God they WILL follow Scripture?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go eat your popcorn….telling me about “goodness”, is about a mans BEHAVIOR….
NOT Gods Gift of Salvation!

You sure have a difficult time, understanding the difference between what Applies to God and what Applies to manKind.
Nope, I don't have a difficult time understanding the difference. None the less, thank you for your OPINION.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, I did not want to interrupt your exchange although, I see you have not give scripture its due its entitled to, given it much chance to speak to you in context, and what Paul means concerning salvation.

See in Romans 13:11, Paul is speaking of the urgency to stay the course of righteousness since they first believed and are being saved. Yes, being saved with the credit or down payment deposited, of the Spirit given for their future immortal life. Their realization of their salvation would come soon, their reward for seeking Christ and receiving the Spirit of him and his father. When they pass and are raised up, this is the time they receive their reward of true salvation, in their new bodies of glory. They knew it when they first believed in Christ.

(Rom 13:11) " And consider this too: Knowing the time, that already it is time for you to awake out of sleep. For now is our salvation nearer to us than when we first believed. "

And similarly, 2 Timothy 4:6 is speaking of Paul's nearing physical death. And be was chosen and became marked for salvation as others and embarked on his road to salvation since he met Jesus one day; and was being saved ever since.

He has fought the good fight as part of his trials of ridding himself of his carnality and developing a diminished self, into doing the will of God in his life and therefore by staying holy in his walk. And he says he has finished the race, already, because he knows he is dying or going to die shortly. He also expects his true living salvation, his crown of righteousness, as his reward in immortality.

(2Ti 4:6) For I am already being offered, and the time of my departure comes.
(2Ti 4:7) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith.
(2Ti 4:8) From this time forward there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to me at that day; and not to me alone, but also to all those that have loved his appearing.

Just saying, folks do get marked for salvation today with the possession of spirt of the Son and the Father, and are being saved until their reward, of this salvation given in the next life, with true righteousness and immortality. I believe I'm one of these persons.
Salvation is NOT guaranteed. We have to, as Scripture says, fight for it and keep the faith until the end. We can be, as Paul said, be disqualified even AFTER preaching His word.

• Wow
Reactions: APAK

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: You think Salvation is about “feeling good in your tummy”?
What a disturbing comment from someone raised Catholic!

:rolleyes:
Nope, I don't think that. YOU and your ilk think that. You think that you are OSAS. That is a feeling you have in YOUR tummy.

You can't really know if you are saved until you reach the pearly gates. The OSAS theory teaches opposite of that. We can, as Paul said, be disqualified.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I THINK I understand your statement. Anyone who loves God, has God in them.

What if one loves God but doesn't DO what Scripture tells them they must DO to be saved? Is God in them? Do they have spiritual wellbeing if they don't adhere to Scripture?

Or is your theory if one loves God they WILL follow Scripture?
I like reading the Bible. It’s has a lot of good things to learn from in there. It’s good to ask God to help one by the spirit. In Jesus name who died, was buried and resurrected.

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, it doesn’t make any sense because if you worshiped the antichrist instead of Jesus, because you’re ignorant of your study of the Bible, then why would God want you?
So, of course you could lose salvation

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Near for some, not Near for others.
Correct…you don’t. KIND OF HAVE Salvation…you ether ARE saved or you ARE NOT Saved!
I guess if one wants to change Scripture then you are right. Salvation is near for some but not near for those who have this tickling in their tummy that FEEL they have obtained it already.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, it doesn’t make any sense because if you worshiped the antichrist instead of Jesus, because you’re ignorant of your study of the Bible, then why would God want you?
So, of course you could lose salvation
Thanks new member

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like reading the Bible. It’s has a lot of good things to learn from in there. It’s good to ask God to help one by the spirit. In Jesus name who died, was buried and resurrected.
Do you like the passage that says, Obey those that rule over you? Is that a good thing to learn?

Who rules over you Matthew?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you like the passage that says, Obey those that rule over you? Is that a good thing to learn?

Who rules over you Matthew?
God. My Father. Yahavah.

Marymog,

Do you have something else that rules over you? I don’t believe in sola scripture, Marymog. That’s a personal choice. While I believe it’s good to help other people and try to get them to see the truth. Not everyone is gonna care. The brothers of Jesus didnt care he could do miracles.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go eat your popcorn….telling me about “goodness”, is about a mans BEHAVIOR….
NOT Gods Gift of Salvation!

You sure have a difficult time, understanding the difference between what Applies to God and what Applies to manKind.
Lol....You seem to have a difficult time providing Scripture to back up your opinions.....

What is so difficult to understand about this: , IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise, thou also shalt be cut off.

That one passage destroys your OSAS theory.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people believe they need to tell people how they should operate and what to do in order to be saved by merits of what an organization will tell people to do.

While I believe people in organizations can be saved and believe on the death burial and resurrection…. I don’t see where a man can get in between a persons relationship with God, whom is there Father.

Except by allowing a man to step in between that line…

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 1:24 New Living Translation (NLT)But that does not mean we want to dominate you by telling you how to put your faith into practice. We want to work together with you so you will be full of joy, for it is by your own faith that you stand firm.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God. My Father. Yahavah.

Marymog,

Do you have something else that rules over you? I don’t believe in sola scripture, Marymog. That’s a personal choice. While I believe it’s good to help other people and try to get them to see the truth. Not everyone is gonna care. The brothers of Jesus didnt care he could do miracles.
That passage talks about men, here on earth, that rule over you. More specifically elders or overseers. If you want to pretend it doesn't then that is on you.

False. They did care if He could do miracles. If He couldn't...he wouldn't have been the fulfillment of Scripture. If He wasn't the fulfillment of Scripture, they wouldn't have called him the Messiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.