Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I repeat MY Understanding…as given me from God.
Really? God gave you those interpretations of Scripture?

And you can't understand why I am concerned about you?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(I don’t) No one cares for your concern. Leave that man alone. Thank you… @Taken please don’t respond you guys going back and forth here is annoying. May the spirit guide.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 4:
[10] Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

John 6:
[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

ORDER….you.
WAY………condition.

Rom 10:
[9] That if (the condition) thou (you) shalt confess with thy (your) mouth the Lord Jesus, and (the condition) believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, THEN thou shalt be saved.
[10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

IF..THEN Gods Order and Way to Establish Gods Required WORKS to Receive SALVATION….”ONCE” and “FOREVER”…

Not ONE Scripture teaches, “ONCE” Salvation is Given a man (from God), that that mans SALVATION can be or is EVER removed.

John 16:
[28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
[29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

ONCE
….a man IS SAVED…he IS SAVED
According to the Lord God…
FOREVER

Why do you not believe God?

Glory to God,
Taken
ONCE AGAIN Taken.....PLEASE read ALL of Scripture: Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise, thou also shalt be cut off.

“You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.”
This verse implies that they were united with Christ and in grace before they fell.

1 Corinthians 9:27, Paul warns the Christians against being overconfident:
“I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.”

Those passages teaches completely OPPOSITE of OSAS. John 10:28-29 and the plucking comment has CONTEXT. PLEASE read that passage in CONTEXT instead of cherry picking those passages that fit your false narrative.

Goodness, you are wearing me out kiddo. :watching and waiting:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(I don’t) No one cares for your concern. Leave that man alone. Thank you… @Taken please don’t respond you guys going back and forth here is annoying. May the spirit guide.
You crack me up Matthew.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone really cares to learn here on the internet. Some sure. Some people put the Bible down after they get comfortable, and forget the things within it… some people had learning disabilities, autism, and other issues.

I can’t help everyone, all we can do is encourage people to read and seek, out God in faith…

I’m not here to dominate people in how they practice their faith.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OT had the jews.. they crucified Christ because he rejected their works.

Its sad that many people today would do the same, as Christ would reject their works also.
You and @MatthewG @Behold @Taken crack me up.

You have one common enemy: Marymog. Everything Marymog says is wrong and we are going to gang up on her. EG does drive by insults and won't respond to me. THAT is what is truly sad.

But, once one of you says to the other Scripture says XYZ and there is a disagreement all of a sudden you are at each others throats. You all crack me up.

All of YOU think you are always right and everyone else is always wrong...that is until you agree with me and disagree with everyone else.

For you to suggest that I am crucifying Christ because I repeat the 2,000-year teaching of Christianity is disgusting. You and your ilk repeat a 500-year teaching from Protestant men AND YOU ALL CAN'T even agree on that teaching. You KNOW the Catholic Church is wrong.....that is until you agree with it.......then everyone else is wrong. THAT is what is truly sad EG.....

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and @MatthewG @Behold @Taken crack me up.

You have one common enemy: Marymog. Everything Marymog says is wrong and we are going to gang up on her. EG does drive by insults and won't respond to me. THAT is what is truly sad.

But, once one of you says to the other Scripture says XYZ and there is a disagreement all of a sudden you are at each others throats. You all crack me up.

All of YOU think you are always right and everyone else is always wrong...that is until you agree with me and disagree with everyone else.

For you to suggest that I am crucifying Christ because I repeat the 2,000-year teaching of Christianity is disgusting. You and your ilk repeat a 500-year teaching from Protestant men AND YOU ALL CAN'T even agree on that teaching. You KNOW the Catholic Church is wrong.....that is until you agree with it.......then everyone else is wrong. THAT is what is truly sad EG.....
Whoa! Have I demanded anyone must ahere to anything I have ever made? Or not suggest i could be wrong? Or Go and seek for oneself?

I don’t even know you… I just asked you to leave Taken alone…

My hatred is towards the bickering and b’ing that goes on online between people, and no liberty or freedom or love, on my own thread I made.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as it’s not a whip, hope you continue to live, laugh, and love. Mog.
Matthew,

I'm sure in real life you are a good person with a good heart. Your theology is suspect and at times flat out heretical. But you are probably a good person.

I do live, laugh and love. What I don't do is allow heretical teachings to be repeated.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew,

I'm sure in real life you are a good person with a good heart. Your theology is suspect and at times flat out heretical. But you are probably a good person.
You’re not God to judge.
I do live, laugh and love. What I don't do is allow heretical teachings to be repeated.
I guess we wouldn’t have a good time at dinner, if we couldn’t allow disagreements to move out of the way.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone really cares to learn here on the internet. Some sure. Some people put the Bible down after they get comfortable, and forget the things within it… some people had learning disabilities, autism, and other issues.

I can’t help everyone, all we can do is encourage people to read and seek, out God in faith…

I’m not here to dominate people in how they practice their faith.
Lol....care to learn from who? YOU?

YOU can't help everyone :jest: Why do you think so highly of yourself?

Scripture says, 'Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls,"

Is that you Matthew? Should I obey YOU and are YOU watching out for my soul?

Who rules over you Matthew?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....care to learn from who? YOU?

YOU can't help everyone :jest: Why do you think so highly of yourself?

Scripture says, 'Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls,"

Who rules over you Matthew?
Have I ever said such things? Please pull up proof of your gonna make accusations.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re not God to judge.

I guess we wouldn’t have a good time at dinner, if we couldn’t allow disagreements to move out of the way.
Would you agree some things in Scripture are the Truth and the Truth cannot be changed?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have I ever said such things? Please pull up proof of your gonna make accusations.
What am I accusing you of Matthew?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you agree some things in Scripture are the Truth and the Truth cannot be changed?
I believe that anyone who loves has God in them. I believe scriptures are written for us to have and find hope, Old Testament, and I believe the Apostolic record is beneficial to a persons spiritual well being.
What am I accusing you of Matthew?

People should obey God by worshipping him in spirit and truth. Never man, or woman.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says, for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed! But you say one either has salvation or they don't have salvation!

Near for some, not Near for others.
Correct…you don’t. KIND OF HAVE Salvation…you ether ARE saved or you ARE NOT Saved!

Matt 12:
[30] He that is not with me (the Lord God) is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Scripture says, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Fought…past tense
Finished…past tense
Kept………..past tense
Persons ACCOMPLISHMENT!

] You say that once a person is saved, they cannot lose that salvation.

Sav-ED…past tense.
Gods ACCOMPLISHMENT!

Juvenile!

why do we have to fight the good fight, finish the race and keep the faith if,

DUH! That APPLIES to “A” person who IS BELIEVING….STAYING IN BELIEF to the POINT….THEY HAVE CHOSEN TO ….
Make their CONFESSION OF BELIEF…
“Hello”….to the Lord God
…to RECEIVE Gods GIFT of SALVATION.

God. Does NOT shove His GIFT down your throat to your tummy….!!

Gods Gift of salvation is HIS offering…you either take it or you don’t.

according to your OSAS theory, we are guaranteed salvation once we feel in our tummy we are saved?

Utterly Ignorant. I said no such thing!

Whom should I believe? You? Or Scripture?

Definitely DO NOT BELIEVE the CRAP, “YOU” say for me!

Good grief Marymog….At least TRY to sound WISE…Salvation is a SERIOUS SPIRITUAL subject…not to be toyed with!

… “we are guaranteed salvation once we feel in our tummy we are saved? ”

:rolleyes: You think Salvation is about “feeling good in your tummy”?
What a disturbing comment from someone raised Catholic!

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says, for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed! But you say one either has salvation or they don't have salvation!

Scripture says, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. You say that once a person is saved, they cannot lose that salvation. Sooooo why do we have to fight the good fight, finish the race and keep the faith if, according to your OSAS theory, we are guaranteed salvation once we feel in our tummy we are saved?

Whom should I believe? You? Or Scripture?
Mary, I did not want to interrupt your exchange although, I see you have not give scripture its due its entitled to, given it much chance to speak to you in context, and what Paul means concerning salvation.

See in Romans 13:11, Paul is speaking of the urgency to stay the course of righteousness since they first believed and are being saved. Yes, being saved with the credit or down payment deposited, of the Spirit given for their future immortal life. Their realization of their salvation would come soon, their reward for seeking Christ and receiving the Spirit of him and his father. When they pass and are raised up, this is the time they receive their reward of true salvation, in their new bodies of glory. They knew it when they first believed in Christ.

(Rom 13:11) " And consider this too: Knowing the time, that already it is time for you to awake out of sleep. For now is our salvation nearer to us than when we first believed. "

And similarly, 2 Timothy 4:6 is speaking of Paul's nearing physical death. And be was chosen and became marked for salvation as others and embarked on his road to salvation since he met Jesus one day; and was being saved ever since.

He has fought the good fight as part of his trials of ridding himself of his carnality and developing a diminished self, into doing the will of God in his life and therefore by staying holy in his walk. And he says he has finished the race, already, because he knows he is dying or going to die shortly. He also expects his true living salvation, his crown of righteousness, as his reward in immortality.

(2Ti 4:6) For I am already being offered, and the time of my departure comes.
(2Ti 4:7) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith.
(2Ti 4:8) From this time forward there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to me at that day; and not to me alone, but also to all those that have loved his appearing.

Just saying, folks do get marked for salvation today with the possession of spirt of the Son and the Father, and are being saved until their reward, of this salvation given in the next life, with true righteousness and immortality. I believe I'm one of these persons.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gods Understanding of His own word IS ONLY given FROM God…

I am not surprised you do not know that.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can just be nice… to one another.

Gonna try to go ahead and get the thread closed.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONCE AGAIN Taken.....PLEASE read ALL of Scripture: Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, IF thou continue in his goodness: otherwise, thou also shalt be cut off.

“You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.”
This verse implies that they were united with Christ and in grace before they fell.

1 Corinthians 9:27, Paul warns the Christians against being overconfident:
“I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.”

Those passages teaches completely OPPOSITE of OSAS. John 10:28-29 and the plucking comment has CONTEXT. PLEASE read that passage in CONTEXT instead of cherry picking those passages that fit your false narrative.

Goodness, you are wearing me out kiddo. :watching and waiting:

Go eat your popcorn….telling me about “goodness”, is about a mans BEHAVIOR….
NOT Gods Gift of Salvation!

You sure have a difficult time, understanding the difference between what Applies to God and what Applies to manKind.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful
Status
Not open for further replies.