Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Dont fight about it but explain why or why not?

I don’t believe it is viable because of Jesus parable of the sower. Also when Jesus explains you most abide in him. Also when Jesus talks about those who say lord lord let us in.

It is just a myth that is a lie; as much as people going to hell today is, and that Satan is out to get you still, praise God for the victory of Jesus Christ!

• Love
Reactions: Wynona and Wrangler

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don’t believe it is viable because of Jesus parable of the sower. Also when Jesus explains you most abide in him. Also when Jesus talks about those who say lord lord let us in.

It is just a myth that is a lie; as much as people going to hell today is, and that Satan is out to get you still, praise God for the victory of Jesus Christ!
The Bible tells us that it is a myth;
Why are we allowed unlimited number of times for sin forgiveness?
Why does the Bible say..."maintain righteousness until the end".
why does the Bible caution .....allow no man to steal your crowns.
et al.
To believe that one must accept the belief that a person could repent, be baptized and live a righteous life for a time and then be a sinner for 70 more years and be awarded eternal salvation.

None of that makes any spiritual/biblical sense.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who preaches from a pulpit, or is a leader who you look up to that states "Once saved, always saved." You should be encouraged to go and look and see if those things are true because there is no such thing as once saved always saved...

You need to be weary, and in fear work out your own salvation (as selfish as that may sound).

You are the one who is responsible!!!

• Love
Reactions: Wynona

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are two types of camps on OSAS, one is coming from a worldly religious perspective and the other is coming from the point of view of one who is truly born again.

The common one is the worldly religious point of view that only claims that they are born again, but they are not truly in fact.
They use this as a crutch ! They peddle a dictating line that they are what they claim to be. such as They may even claim that they can Save you ! all one need do is follow them and say words that they want you to say after them and bingo your saved ?
I had them try this nonsense on me, but i was already Truly Saved before they tried this stunt on me.
For they clearly did not know Christ Jesus in fact, for they were only religious dupes.

One who is truly Saved is 100% faith in Christ Jesus, not 99% faith or has some doubt's in Christ Jesus.
For such people are seeking Jesus or looking towards the second coming ? the reason why they are so wound up in the second coming is that they do not know Christ Jesus in fact truly at all, For if they were truly born again they would understand that Jesus never left us ? But the Holy Spirit is one with Christ Jesus and if you do abide in Christ Jesus then your Soul is Saved regardless ! and that's all you need regardless. you do not need to be seeking, because you are found ! even when the second coming takes place you yourself will not change at all, because you were Saved before hand !

One can not be born again twice in fact ! The second coming is that they who are not born again, will be born again. They who live through the Hellfire !
So they who wish for the second coming are of Satan in fact or not Saved, why because one reaps what they sow ! One can not do wrong and claim good will come from such ? such is a work of Man ? Nothing to do with Christ Jesus at all !
It's the Satanist that bring on the Hellfire in fact !
Just as the Satanist worked so as too kill the 6 million Jews ? That's why all Satanist claim it as their Burnt Offering ! So when one says it was a Holocaust, that means you have just condemned yourself as being one with the act of belief ? That your god, god's did this ? Because you have offered them up in fact ! as a burnt offing to your god ? Satan !

One who claims it was a Holocaust is giving consent ! too a god ? The god that we see in the Bible and that Jesus pointed out, that was a Murderer from the begining not to mention a Liar ! and The Father of all Lies !

Just remember what Jesus said about this world, This world is Full of Deceptions and Delusions !
So one must be truly born again, that means Of the Kingdom of God ! Then such a one is sent down to this world to deal with the Wolves ? we do not pay them any regard, for if they kill us because they can not kill our Soul. Because once Saved always Saved, why well because you are of Christ Jesus in fact. Jesus knows you are his ! and that's the best thing Awesome ! For we have an Awesome God ! no one can surpass that ! you are standing on top of the world like Nathaniel and what did Nathaniel see ?
If you do not see what Nathaniel seen then you are not truly born again.

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Once saved, always saved” is a poorly-thought theological concept. If a born-again Christian can’t fall from grace, is it because being renewed in mind and soul happens so extensively that a believer cannot possibly do or think the wrong thing? That would mean free will doesn’t exist. If, at a later time due to a hurtful event, a born-again Christian does have free will but uses it to give into darkness but can’t possibly fall from grace (since grace is infinite and unchanging), that implies that being a Christian essentially gives all believers a pass to do evil. Again, it’s poor theology.

Christians are still accountable for their sins even after they get born-again. Our faith doesn’t turn us into mindless zealots who are immune from impure thoughts or actions in the slightest. Nor is our faith an excuse to do harm to others and still think we’re saved. Remember this: Satan was once an angel in heaven, but he fell from grace because of his pride and was cast into hell. The same thing can happen to any believer if he takes God’s grace for granted and gives into darkness.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chose me, I didn't choose Him. I failed many times, and He kept bringing me back, I went back into the world, and Jesus kept pulling me back. I'm filled full of the Holy Spirit now and forever. In my life, I couldn't possible loose my Salvation. Jesus owns me and saved me from the grip of Satan himself. Ya'll haven't seen the things I've seen. But like Jesus told Peter, Satan seeks to sift you as wheat. Do not under estimate Satan's power. He can manipulate a doubting Christian until he's back in the world for good, and can manipulate unsaved people around you to curse Jesus; It happened to Peter.. I've felt Satan's hands on my arms trying to pull me away, but I saw Jesus pull Satan away from me. I forever belong to Jesus.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I always give this verse...
Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Reactions: Wrangler

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one who is responsible!!!

1 Peter 1:3-5 KJV
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Here it says that God is guarding you for your salvation.

It is just a myth that is a lie;
Here we're taught that being born again means we will be like Him when we see Him. No if ands or buts.

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

And here also,

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I see it, the doctrine flows from an overcompensation due to a misunderstanding between the meaning of work (singular), in the general sense, and the meaning of works (plural), in the Biblical sense.

I beleive the Apostolic writers would be shocked at the spiritial laziness that people today rationalize not doing anything (work) for he who sacrificed all.

True, grace is unearned and our salvation is not caused by anything we do so no man may boast. However, it is a choice (work) we make moment to moment to accept this gift. The power of yes (accept) is the eternal power of no (reject). A gift one does not accept has no practical benefit to the receiver.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 1:3-5 KJV
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Here it says that God is guarding you for your salvation.

Here we're taught that being born again means we will be like Him when we see Him. No if ands or buts.

1 John 3:1-3 KJV
1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

And here also,

Colossians 3:1-4 KJV
1) If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2) Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3) For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4) When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Much love!
Applicable verses.....I live 1 Peter 1:5 everyday, and every moment if I think about the verse for a moment or two. It was God who ultimately caused my rebirth not I. It was He who made the first move, not I. He called on my heart to open it to him, and I did. Without him and his work with his Son, there would be no hope and guarantee of salvation for me or anyone. I have a reservation already in the heavenly realm. I know it with 100% confidence and certainty.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an everyday choice.

To be a disciple of Christ,

if,

you remain in his teaching.

Reactions: Wrangler

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats why, once saved always saved is just a myth.

You have to choose every day...

Whether or not you are gonna thank God.

God doesn't make you guys think about him. (Sure God calls out to everyone; but you have to choose.)

You choose to think about him, and incorporate him into your life.

I am naturally a selfish, greedy, human being. Im glad I can be honest about it now, it is really freeing.

Last edited:
Reactions: CadyandZoe

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats why, once saved always saved is just a myth.

Whether or not you are gonna thank God.

God doesn't make you guys think about him.

You choose to think about him, and incorporate him into your life.

I am naturally a selfish, greedy, human being. Im glad I can be honest about it now, it is really freeing.
'You have to choose everyday'...to be saved, how utterly ridiculous!! I question your belief and position IN Christ at this point.

So you are admitting you do not have the Spirit of Christ and thus of the Father God within you? And you spoke of 'remaining' in his teaching. That's a new one for me, and I know it's not scriptural at all. It seems you are writing from a carnal, self-centered perspective, and you might think too highly of your 'free' will when it applies to SPIRTUAL matters of the heart that you and I have no idea how it works and originates from a deeper view. It is part of the domain of God and not of our wretched lot. Human thoughts can change of the mind, although in the heart it's a quite different matter.

No one can be saved without having both the Father and Son within them. And they do not leave once they are there in your heart, as many say we can become unsaved ( typically saying we 'falling for grace,' or even because we cannot stop sinning as they do not know what grace and sin really mean in the proper context) by our own 'free' will and can initiate and choose this action on our own. If someone believed this, then they never knew the Father and Son in the first place. They were never truly saved. And are 'alone' today - spiritually lost.

It's one of those miraculous events that is well beyond our understanding and control once you are at home with the Father and Son. You are united now regardless of any desire from that point on to be again as before selfish and independent, SPIRITUALLY. It's impossible to formulate such a thought if we are truly saved. For a genuine saved person this can never occur.

And by now at this stage in this conversation some folks will be at the ready with misplaces scripture to fire back, quoting scripture out of context and speak for example of Judaizers who learned about Christ and salvation and grace and wanted it; and also to keep the Law and live under the same Jewish customs, where they could also then or be permitted to sin 'willfully' and have a priest provide a scapegoat to cover their sin tab. Christ is the permanent scapegoat.....

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question all you can.

It's a choice.

It's a choice that deals with the heart.

God sees the heart.

Man can only read words, and hear them when people speak.

If you know your own heart, good.

However, if you don't know where you reside. Be wary, lest one withers up. Even abiding in Christ is a choice. He has great nutrition, to keep one from withering.

There is no reason for me to 'answer a concern' @APAK. Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling - isn't that how the saying goes?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free will is a myth. People only choose according to their nature. You cannot "choose" to jump to the moon. That's not your nature. A natural man does not choose to change his nature, he can't change his own nature. All he can do is accept God's invitation according to the faith and grace offered to him. God gives us rebirth.

Being reborn, God gives us a new nature, one patterned after His very Own nature.

Ephesians 4:24 KJV
And that ye put on the new man, which after (patterned after) God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Much love!

Reactions: Rockerduck

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you must have not chosen to comment, @marks. God forced you too.

You can believe whatever you want to man.

I don't care personally.

However, I don't think people should be lied to about "once saved always saved."

Jesus said to those who believed on him - if they remain his teachings, they are his disciples indeed and the truth will set them free.

You comment on scripture all day but most of it's doesn't relate to you.

Jesus speaking saying "I chose you" - is to his apostles he had chosen in context.

And if it feels like a fight - it's just truth.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you must have not chosen to comment, @marks. God forced you too.
We choose according to our nature. I chose to endeavor to bring clarity. And I hope it is of the Spirit, that is my desire. I have the ability to direct my words, that's within my nature.

We cannot choose to swim to the bottom of the sea, we aren't fish. We just can't do that.

Neither can we choose to be reborn, and we cannot choose to become unreborn, we don't have the power to enact that work. God has to do that. And He only offers to give us rebirth, He assures us that doesn't change after He does this for us. Rebirth is forever.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking on freewill.

Everyone has a choice every day. What they are gonna do with their lives.

Jesus and his Parable of the sower is right, and true.

However - it's only if you remain in his teachings, that one is set free - because of truth.

Whats sad is when people fall away or lose faith - "they are deemed by those who believe in once saved always saved" - as "they were never really believers"

Who are they to say such things about individuals? How do they know if they called out to God and were seeking him, but decided to walk away?

Jesus said the world chokes some people out, some have the evil one come take it away from them (darkness of the world).

Reactions: BarneyFife
Status
Not open for further replies.