Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love when people claim they listen to God. and not men, the ones who listen to men claim you are listening to yourself.

How deceived we can be

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already have. Not going to repeat what was already given you on multiple occasions by multiple people.
Not my responsibility to read for you what you other ignore or do not comprehend.
Lol..NOPE, you didn't. You THINK you gave an answer when you said that one must HEARTFULLY BELIEVE and CONFESS THAT BELIEF to become sanctified. Scripture doesn't say that soooooooo let's try again.

I already heartfully believe and confess that belief but you have made it clear that you don't think that Marymog is sanctified. Sooooooo ONCE AGAIN:

How do I become sanctified so that I am forever with God?

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t confuse me with BOL….LOL

You have been answered multiple times.
You have been TOLD multiple times you have been answered.
THEN, you were asked a question…

I can not be responsible for your failure to comprehend or refuse to answer.

Perhaps you think discussing spiritual things is comparable to game playing…I don’t.

Post 1134
Lol...ok. Thanks! post 1134 does provide SOME answers when taken out of context with the rest of Scripture. There is a LOT more in Scripture that provides context that you reject. You reject them because they destroy your opinion.

Thank you for your time.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I never mean what you falsely speak for me.
You concern me taken.

You are repeating what YOU believe the word of God means. You are giving YOUR interpretation. For you to suggest that what you are saying IS the word of God concerns me......

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol..NOPE, you didn't. You THINK you gave an answer when you said that one must HEARTFULLY BELIEVE and CONFESS THAT BELIEF to become sanctified. Scripture doesn't say that soooooooo let's try again.

LOL…:rolleyes:

Knowledge comes from Gods Word.
Understanding Gods Word comes from God.
Wisdom is the result of receiving Understanding from God…

I can neither GIVE YOU, understanding OR wisdom of Gods Word….

Seems you require a similitude of an adult to explain to a little unknowing child…in which case a Toddler Bible would likely benefit you as written in elementary, simple fashion.

I already heartfully believe and confess that belief but you have made it clear that you don't think that Marymog is sanctified.

I believe Marymog has a lack of spiritual AND common understanding.

Confess is ongoing.
Confess-ED is accomplish-ED…DONE!

How do I become sanctified so that I am forever with God?
Patient Mary

Sanctifi-ED

AGAIN…:rolleyes: post 1134. :rolleyes:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You concern me taken.

You are repeating what YOU believe the word of God means. You are giving YOUR interpretation. For you to suggest that what you are saying IS the word of God concerns me......

Your concern should be for yourself…you don’t even understand what works are.

I speak the Word of God….
Go see….post 1134

I repeat MY Understanding…as given me from God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is a problem when people start judging other people…

Some people may have autism… …

Be weary of people out here… judge yourself before you judge others.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people love to make people just muse around as well… it happens too often on forums like these.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...ok. Thanks! post 1134 does provide SOME answers when taken out of context with the rest of Scripture. There is a LOT more in Scripture that provides context that you reject. You reject them because they destroy your opinion.

Thank you for your time.

There are umpteen Scriptures that parallel, relate, apply to particular individuals and umpteen scriptures that DO NOT APPLY to individuals ….

Cherry-PICKING…meant to be derogatory…
IS laughable…..Of course an INDIVIDUAL ONLY applies to HIMSELF, Scripture that ACTUALLY DOES apply to him!

You reject…OSAS…so THAT applies TO YOU.

I believe God IS Faithful, NOT a liar, and ONCE He baptizes a person with HIS Holy SPIRIT, it is a DONE DEAL, ONCE and FOREVER that individual “IS” Sanctified, “IS” with God FOREVER! AND KEPT FOREVER with God…..EXCLUSIVELY BY Gods POWER!

You espouse you commit heartful Belief…but do not say COMMITT-ED.

You espouse you BELIEVE Heartfully COMMITTED-ED believers “CAN LOSE THEIR SALVATION”….
What Scripture teaches a person who HAS RECEIVED Gods Baptism of HIS HOLY SPIRIT, can THEN “lose their Salvation”?

And BTW…have you figured out “works” yet?
Do you believe you HAVE to KEEP “doing” some kind of “good” works…
TO BECOME SANCTIFIED? OR KEEP ones Sanctification?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God IS Faithful, NOT a liar, and ONCE He baptizes a person with HIS Holy SPIRIT, it is a DONE DEAL, ONCE and FOREVER that individual “IS” Sanctified, “IS” with God FOREVER! AND KEPT FOREVER with God…..EXCLUSIVELY BY Gods POWER!

Hey some people are simply just that way. I’m here to tell ya don’t worry about what people say so much… Do you have to defend yourself in front of God? Bring yourself before God before you end up judging other people as well.

People can just be annoying…. And a handful and love to pick and abuse on other people. Especially online where they believe they are not seen.

Not good.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OT had the jews.. they crucified Christ because he rejected their works.

Its sad that many people today would do the same, as Christ would reject their works also.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OT had the jews.. they crucified Christ because he rejected their works.

Its sad that many people today would do the same, as Christ would reject their works also.
The only works known to do is love. Many people hate that though. Especially having to pick up one’s own cross and die to self. Some recognize that the credit due is to God working in and through you; while the opposed say that its you who must clean your act up to be right with God and that is how salvation is gained. I go with the former rather than the a later.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only works known to do is love. Many people hate that though. Especially having to pick up one’s own cross and die to self. Some recognize that the credit due is to God working in and through you; while the opposed say that its you who must clean your act up to be right with God and that is how salvation is gained. I go with the former rather than the a later.
The issue is not works

The issue is are we saved by grace alone through faith alone

or are we saved by Grace and works,,

Everyone does works.. works are not the issue unless they are done in the wrong context

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The issue is not works
Yes it is. Otherwise people wouldn’t have a problem doing what is commanded…
The issue is are we saved by grace alone through faith alone
I see it’s works being the issue…. So many people do not believe they need to have any sense of change within in them. Just sit and wait for Jesus to come.
or are we saved by Grace and works,,
Everyone should know it’s God who saves us from the power of darkness, when transferred over to the Kingdom of the Son….

You can’t have Faith on one side of the without “Agape love” being on the other side.
Everyone does works.. works are not the issue unless they are done in the wrong context
Not if they don’t love.

”Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.“
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3‬:‭15‬-‭24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems many people are ignorant of the fact a life is suppose to change not stay dead. Faith without “love” is dead. Don’t care what anyone has to say about it… many scoff at James like he ain’t important…

People need to think again.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is. Otherwise people wouldn’t have a problem doing what is commanded…
No it is not. That is not what is being discussed.
I see it’s works being the issue…. So many people do not believe they need to have any sense of change within in them. Just sit and wait for Jesus to come.
Who?? I keep hearing you say this, But I see no one who actually believes it
Everyone should know it’s God who saves us from the power of darkness, when transferred over to the Kingdom of the Son….

You can’t have Faith on one side of the without “Agape love” being on the other side.
Again, This is not the argument here
Not if they don’t love.

”Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.“
‭‭1 John‬ ‭3‬:‭15‬-‭24‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Again, this is not the issue here.

The issue is are we saved by grace or are we saved by grace plus works..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems many people are ignorant of the fact a life is suppose to change not stay dead. Faith without “love” is dead. Don’t care what anyone has to say about it… many scoff at James like he ain’t important…

People need to think again.
lol

What we need to think again about is the topic.

there are four gospels.

1. We are saved by Grace alone - Works are produced out of that faith, but have zero to do with our eventual salvation or non salvation.

2. We are saved by grace alone, But we must work in order to maintain this salvation. if we fail to work. we will lose salvation.

3. We are saved by faith plus works. Our salvation is not completed until we do a set of works.. and if we fail to keep up these works.. we will in the end, lose our salvation.

4. We are saved by saying a sinners prayer. or by mere belief that Jesus died on the cross.. Once I am saved, I can live however I please.

number 2 and three are the same. and paul wrote rejecting these two gospels.

number 4 is a licentious gospel. and james wrote rejecting this gospel.

number 1 is the gospel. the gospel taught by Jesus and his apostles.. Paul said if ANYONE teaches a different gospel. let them be accursed.

number 2 3 and 4 are the gospels Paul spoke of that are false gospels

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You reject…OSAS…so THAT applies TO YOU.
Scripture says, for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed! But you say one either has salvation or they don't have salvation!

Scripture says, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. You say that once a person is saved, they cannot lose that salvation. Sooooo why do we have to fight the good fight, finish the race and keep the faith if, according to your OSAS theory, we are guaranteed salvation once we feel in our tummy we are saved?

Whom should I believe? You? Or Scripture?

Status
Not open for further replies.