Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why couldn’t they?

Remember Jesus telling the council member, that he would end up seeing him coming in the clouds? That council’s member then sentenced him to death. Sometimes afterward he could have turned around and repented. Just like people who were under the plagues in their day, continued to curse God rather than repent.
Yes it is possible that some did later repent .
I mean at the first even paul was sentencing christains to death
yet later we read of his conversion and repentance and how he then became one of the major spreaders of the gospel
So it is possible that some of those who did put JESUS to death , those in the crowds and etc
DID repent .
Even peter says OF WHOM ye were the betrayers , and then tells them to repent and to believe .
SO it is possible some of them did .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They just have to trust in themselves for salvation.
Any who trusts in themselves , their acts of love and whatever to attain salvation is in dire and deadly trouble .
THERE is but ONE and HE ALONE that one believes in , trusts in , hopes in , loves and honors . HE alone has done all
that was required .
HE and HE alone is whom the lambs do safely trust in and look unto .
JESUS THE CHRIST of GOD .
These do not heed nor follow the inclusive love god either . For they know that is the every growing very broad path .
They know its father is leading all to unify as one under him and a lie that will not save but shall end in perdition .
YES . IT IS that serious that we believe and hold firm to the one true gospel of Christ JESUS .
Let none be moved away with the error of the wicked and its very broad path . Just a friendly reminder to all .
THERE IS but ONE NAME GIVEN BY GOD by which one can be saved . And it is truly high time
we remind all , persaude men to BELIEVE on THE CHRIST OF GOD . FOR IN HE ALONE IS SALVATION .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet another misuse of scripture.

The Galatians were turning back to circumcision and observances of times, months, and years.

I’m not telling anyone that they need to do any of those ritualistic things to be saved.
What did paul say , if even WE , or any , or an angel preach any other gospel unto you
let him be accursed . seperated out .
What did John say about those who bring not that gospel .
So i have a really big question for us all today .
WHY are so many now accepting , having unity with , and even believing in this social inclusive love gospel stuff .
That BE ANOTHER gospel which is not gospel at all .
WHY are so many believing now in this so long as one has this love stuff it dont matter what religoin or what they believe .
Cause , THAT BE A LIE .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cite a scripture that applies to unbelievers to a believer?

I trust the scriptures (Psalm 119:42).

They tell me that the obedient servant will be saved (Romans 1:5; 16:26).

Believers who carry their cross (Luke 9:23) and choose to suffer in the flesh than to enjoy the pleasures of sin from time to time (Hebrews 11:25) without a false notion that their salvation will never be threatened will be saved in the end.
thats alot of work their my friend.

You think you will earn it by being good. You do not understand the gospel

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet another misuse of scripture.

The Galatians were turning back to circumcision and observances of times, months, and years.

I’m not telling anyone that they need to do any of those ritualistic things to be saved.
No,

But you are telling them they must "perfect in the flesh" what they "started in the spirit"

hence it speaks directly to you.. because that is what you are preaching we must do.

Good luck with that

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did paul say , if even WE , or any , or an angel preach any other gospel unto you
let him be accursed . seperated out .
What did John say about those who bring not that gospel .
So i have a really big question for us all today .
WHY are so many now accepting , having unity with , and even believing in this social inclusive love gospel stuff .
That BE ANOTHER gospel which is not gospel at all .
WHY are so many believing now in this so long as one has this love stuff it dont matter what religoin or what they believe .
Cause , THAT BE A LIE .
For by grace we have been saved.

Not of works

I feel sorry for those who continue to think it is by works we must be saved

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are telling them they must "perfect in the flesh" what they "started in the spirit"

I am not telling anyone to do that.

What I am saying is that you must put the flesh to death like the scriptures say because it is impossible to be perfect in the flesh (Romans 8:13; Colossians 3:5).

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For by grace we have been saved.

Not of works

That’s how salvation starts.

You highlight this scripture:

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

And that’s the beginning of salvation.

But you stay saved IF:

“…ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:23)

And that’s the part that the doctrine of devils diminishes and leaves out.

HOW TO STAY SAVED!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cite a scripture that applies to unbelievers to a believer?

I trust the scriptures (Psalm 119:42).

They tell me that the obedient servant will be saved (Romans 1:5; 16:26).

Believers who carry their cross (Luke 9:23) and choose to suffer in the flesh than to enjoy the pleasures of sin from time to time (Hebrews 11:25) without a false notion that their salvation will never be threatened will be saved in the end.
There are genuine believers and there are make believers. Simply going through the motions of moral self-reformation in a vain effort to obtain salvation by works (apart from authentic belief/faith in Christ) is not obedience. (Matthew 7:21-23; Luke 18:9-14; John 3:18; 6:40)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

But you stay saved IF:

“…ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:23)

HOW TO STAY SAVED!
So, Christ is only capable of "initially" saving us but after that it's up to us to do the rest? :oops: That's called TYPE 2 WORKS SALVATION.

In regard to Colossians 1:23, continuing in the faith would show that the person's faith is firmly rooted and established in the hope of the gospel and they really have been reconciled.

The form of this phrase in Greek (using the particle ei and the indicative mood of the verb epimenō) indicates that Paul fully expects that the Colossian believers will continue in the faith; no doubt is expressed here by Paul, yet what about "nominal" Christians whose shallow, temporary faith withers away?

*It's only natural that Paul would speak this way because he is addressing groups of people who "profess" to be Christians, without being able to infallibly know the actual state of every person's heart. How can Paul avoid giving them false assurance of salvation here when in fact they may not be saved because of a spurious faith that does not continue?

Paul knows that faith which is firmly grounded and established in the gospel from the start will continue. Those who continue in the faith demonstrate that they "have been" reconciled and are genuine believers, but those who do not continue show that their shallow, temporary faith was never firmly rooted and established in the gospel to begin with and such people believed in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:1-2)

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mailmandan it’s about remaining in Christ. It always has an if… if one remains settled. I don’t think Paul would continue to encourage people if it was not possible to become unbelieving, warning and telling the people of the coming of Christ. In that day…

Some people can renounce God and their faith and decide to go to being unfaithful.

Did you know that?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not telling anyone to do that.
Keep telling yourself that.
What I am saying is that you must put the flesh to death like the scriptures say because it is impossible to be perfect in the flesh (Romans 8:13; Colossians 3:5).
So if you do not do this in the flesh (of your own power) your not saved.

So you are telling people to do that

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

Salvation started and ends at the cross.

Jesus did not say I did my part now you do your. He said it is finished, Why do you not believe him?

But you stay saved IF:

HOW TO STAY SAVED!
In other words.

You want everyone to be fools. Having begun in the spirit (eph 2: 8-9) and perfect or complete it in the flesh.

See I told you that was what you were teaching.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mailmandan it’s about remaining in Christ. It always has an if… if one remains settled. I don’t think Paul would continue to encourage people if it was not possible to become unbelieving, warning and telling the people of the coming of Christ. In that day…

Some people can renounce God and their faith and decide to go to being unfaithful.

Did you know that?
John said they were never of us..

Lets trust John, and not our flesh

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul knows that faith which is firmly grounded and established in the gospel from the start will continue.
Paul only had hope, for people to continue. As he he apostolic rule over the church. He continued to encourage them with admonishment and prayers.
Those who continue in the faith demonstrate that they "have been" reconciled and are genuine believers,
You have to explain what is demonstrated. It would be the love of God within a believer. That is all
a Yeshuan is. A follower of Christ, in the death, burial, resurrection, ascending and return is a person who exhibited love, even through weakness by the strength of Christ to continue to love God and love others.
but those who do not continue show that their shallow, temporary faith was never firmly rooted and established in the gospel to begin with and such people believed in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:1-2)
It’s not for us to judge those people but to have compassion and mercy, perhaps they will understand and decide to turn towards God, cause God still loves them, and will resurrect them at the end of life.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you know that?
People who renounce faith in Christ demonstrate that their faith was never firmly rooted and established to begin with, hence does not continue. Those who remain in Christ demonstrate otherwise.

Just as we see in 1 Corinthians 15:1,2 - Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast (demonstrative evidence of faith being firmly rooted and established) that word which I preached to you-unless you believed in vain.

To believe in vain is to believe without cause or without effect, to no purpose. If as some are saying in Corinth, there is no resurrection, then faith is vain and worthless (vs. 14). The people who fail to hold fast to the word (the gospel) that Paul preached in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, demonstrated that they "believed in vain" (did not truly believe the gospel unto salvation).

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who renounce faith in Christ demonstrate that their faith was never firmly rooted and established to begin with, hence does not continue. Those who remain in Christ demonstrate otherwise.
That is a common trope, but doesn’t make it true. Cause you do not know, the experience they had… it makes it just sound like they are less then from my point of view…

Perhaps it was a version of Yahavah that is false and untrue…

People get lied to in organizations and things like that… ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.