Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mailmandan yep there are unbelievers and believers.

It’s obvious.

We don’t know why people end up leaving faith… other than they desire other things, besides God.

But that doesn’t mean we stop praying for them!

Right?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a common trope, but doesn’t make it true. Cause you do not know, the experience they had… it makes it just sound like they are less then from my point of view…

Perhaps it was a version of Yahavah that is false and untrue…

People get lied to in organizations and things like that… ya know?
Those who truly believe the gospel are sealed with the Holy Sipirit until the redemption of the purchased possession/unto the day of redemption. (Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who truly believe the gospel are sealed with the Holy Sipirit until the redemption of the purchased possession/unto the day of redemption. (Ephesians 1:13-14; 4:30)
Ephesians 4:30 KJV
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Exactly! We are owned by God, it's not up to us to change our status. And here God declares His intent. We are under His seal of ownership until that day He comes to take possession of us, His purchased possession.

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless they decide to turn. That’s the caveat. There is no such thing as once saved always saved. “While today is today” don’t hardern your hearts.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:30 KJV
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Exactly! We are owned by God, it's not up to us to change our status. And here God declares His intent. We are under His seal of ownership until that day He comes to take possession of us, His purchased possession.

Much love!
You can though. To say one cannot, is lying to oneself. It’s a day to day, action.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 10:27-28, we read - My sheep hear My voice, (not some of them hear His voice and some of them don't hear His voice) and I know them, (not some of them He knows and some of them He doesn't know) and they follow Me. (not some of them follow Him and some of them don't follow Him) And I give them eternal life, (not some of them He gives eternal life and some of them He doesn't give eternal life) and they shall never perish; (not some of them will never perish and some of them will perish) neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. (not some of them will never be snatched out of His hand and some of them will be snatched out of His hand)

In CONTRAST with those do not believe and are not His sheep. (John 10:25-26)

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless they decide to turn. That’s the caveat. There is no such thing as once saved always saved. “While today is today” don’t hardern your hearts.
Who was it that hardened their hearts? Jude 1:5 - Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people (the Israelites) out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In John 10:27-28, we read - My sheep hear My voice, (not some of them hear His voice and some of them don't hear His voice) and I know them, (not some of them He knows and some of them He doesn't know) and they follow Me. (not some of them follow Him and some of them don't follow Him) And I give them eternal life, (not some of them He gives eternal life and some of them He doesn't give eternal life) and they shall never perish; (not some of them will never perish and some of them will perish) neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. (not some of them will never be snatched out of His hand and some of them will be snatched out of His hand)

In CONTRAST with those do not believe and are not His sheep. (John 10:25-26)

People can renounce their faith though, tell me you cannot and I’ll believe you. I could renounce my faith today, but by choice I choose not to. It’s not that God is keeping me, it’s me desiring him.

Just tell me - no one can ever renounce their faith period, and they will go on to attribute the spirit of Christ within them.

There are people who thing they have salvation, but they look down on others and stuff.

How could one ever promise once saved always saved if they aren’t examining their own faith?

You can quote that scripture all day… it’s not gonna change my mind.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People can renounce their faith though, tell me you cannot and I’ll believe you. I could renounce my faith today, but by choice I choose not to. It’s not that God is keeping me, it’s me desiring him.

Just tell me - no one can ever renounce their faith period, and they will go on to attribute the spirit of Christ within them.

There are people who thing they have salvation, but they look down on others and stuff.

How could one ever promise once saved always saved if they aren’t examining their own faith?

You can quote that scripture all day… it’s not gonna change my mind.
I have noticed that ALL false religions and cults that promote salvation by works strongly oppose OSAS which has always been a major red flag for me.

• Love

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who was it that hardened their hearts? Jude 1:5 - Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people (the Israelites) out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.

you can quote scripture all you want I’m just trying to find and answer by you through the spirit. The scripture is sharp and cuts, I don’t know why you even afforded this statement.

God can hardern the heart of a person, by his goodness. God was destroying everything around Pharoh, and he continued to become hardern. It’s been a little while since studying it.

But let me ask you - is God calling out to all people today or not? Is just picking and choosing who will be saved and elect or not today?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 3:8-10 says, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, in the day of trial in the wilderness, where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, and saw My works forty years. Therefore, I was angry with that generation, and said, 'They always go astray in their heart, and they have not known My ways.' Not descriptive of genuine believers. There is no loss of salvation here. Only a failure to receive it.

Verses 18-19 - And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So, we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. That explains the hardened heart. It took them in the opposite direction of God. Considered the truth for a time, then hardened heart and departing from God became their final answer.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Christ is only capable of "initially" saving us but after that it's up to us to do the rest?

Absolutely!

Have you never read this:

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31-32)

That's called TYPE 2 WORKS SALVATION.

That’s called scriptural teaching!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have noticed that ALL false religions and cults that promote salvation by works strongly oppose OSAS which has always been a major red flag for me.
Well what’s the scripture say about faith without works is dead.

??

If a person favors a rich person over a poor person, how are they having faith which their in the works of “love” show favoritism?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 3:8-10 says, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, in the day of trial in the wilderness, where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, and saw My works forty years. Therefore, I was angry with that generation, and said, 'They always go astray in their heart, and they have not known My ways.' Not descriptive of genuine believers. There is no loss of salvation here. Only a failure to receive it.

Verses 18-19 - And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who did not obey? So, we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. That explains the hardened heart. It took them in the opposite direction of God. Considered the truth for a time, then hardened heart and departing from God became their final answer.
And those who did and gave it up?

Can they get to come back?

Does it even matter to you because you already settled in your faith? That it’s kind of like, who cares?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you can quote scripture all you want I’m just trying to find and answer by you through the spirit. The scripture is sharp and cuts, I don’t know why you even afforded this statement.

God can hardern the heart of a person, by his goodness. God was destroying everything around Pharoh, and he continued to become hardern. It’s been a little while since studying it.

But let me ask you - is God calling out to all people today or not? Is just picking and choosing who will be saved and elect or not today?
A better way to ask that question is whose hearts were hardened? Believing Hebrews or unbelieving Hebrews? Not that God fatalistically determined that their hearts would be hardened.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They also have Gods promise they will never perish, but have eternal life (live forever) and have passed from judgment to life..

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope to hear the rest of your responses, @mailmandan.

It’s impossible for me to believe in once saved always saved.

Jesus said pick up one’s cross daily… that means day by day, in one’s heart you pick up the cross and rise to new life in the Lord Yeshua.

Status
Not open for further replies.