Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS ~

The very "O" in OSAS, Begins by IDENTIFYING A "Conversion" of a man HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED.

It is not referencing; A man WHO;
Has first heard of God;
Has first heard of Christ the Lord Jesus;
Has begun Learning About God;
Has begun Learning About Jesus Christ;
Is doubting;
Is believing SOME things;
Is still wondering;
Is unsure;

The "O" in "ONCE", IDENTIFIES the Converstion HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED.

The Scriptural Directives ARE:

BELIEVE IN God, Believe IN Jesus...
John 14:1
TRUST IN God...
Prov 3:5
BE CONVERTED....
Acts 3:19
BE SURE of your ELECTION...
2 Pet 1:10
YOUR ELECTION IS FOREVER...
Eph 1:13

A man WHO HAS Become Converted, IS SEALED ONCE AND KEPT UNTO GOD FOREVER.

Teaching A MAN CAN BE "LOSENED" / "UNSEALED".....AFTER THE MAN HAS BECOME "SEALED", IS FAULTY TEACHING.
John 10:28

Teaching A man can LOSE Receiving the Lords Gifts of Conversion IS TRUE.

"IF" a man does NOT trust, believe, become Converted....that man SHALL LOSE receiving those Gifts.....that were already PAID FOR BY JESUS....for every man TO RECEIVE.

However Jesus HAVING PAID FOR THE GIFTS, DOES NOT MEAN He FORCES those Gifts ON ANYONE.

Every INDIVIDUAL MAN has to DECIDE IF he WANTS to RECEIVE those Gifts, become Converted and Sealed FOREVER BY the Lord.

It is UNBIBLICAL to Teach a man CAN BECOME CONVERTED and THEN BECOME UNSEALED.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OSAS ~

The very "O" in OSAS, Begins by IDENTIFYING A "Conversion" of a man HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED.

It is not referencing; A man WHO;
Has first heard of God;
Has first heard of Christ the Lord Jesus;
Has begun Learning About God;
Has begun Learning About Jesus Christ;
Is doubting;
Is believing SOME things;
Is still wondering;
Is unsure;

The "O" in "ONCE", IDENTIFIES the Converstion HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED.

The Scriptural Directives ARE:

BELIEVE IN God, Believe IN Jesus...
John 14:1
TRUST IN God...
Prov 3:5
BE CONVERTED....
Acts 3:19
BE SURE of your ELECTION...
2 Pet 1:10
YOUR ELECTION IS FOREVER...
Eph 1:13

A man WHO HAS Become Converted, IS SEALED ONCE AND KEPT UNTO GOD FOREVER.

Teaching A MAN CAN BE "LOSENED" / "UNSEALED".....AFTER THE MAN HAS BECOME "SEALED", IS FAULTY TEACHING.
John 10:28

Teaching A man can LOSE Receiving the Lords Gifts of Conversion IS TRUE.

"IF" a man does NOT trust, believe, become Converted....that man SHALL LOSE receiving those Gifts.....that were already PAID FOR BY JESUS....for every man TO RECEIVE.

However Jesus HAVING PAID FOR THE GIFTS, DOES NOT MEAN He FORCES those Gifts ON ANYONE.

Every INDIVIDUAL MAN has to DECIDE IF he WANTS to RECEIVE those Gifts, become Converted and Sealed FOREVER BY the Lord.

It is UNBIBLICAL to Teach a man CAN BECOME CONVERTED and THEN BECOME UNSEALED.

I agree with what you are saying here...and I go further...
7 "For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 *For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

Every man has been reconciled by the blood of the Lamb...that is what God says. Most are ignorant and still don't know it.

Reconciled = restore friendly relations between. make consistent with another, especially by allowing for transactions begun but not yet completed.

If they are God's friends then they are my friends.
This is why I object to much hostility towards those who cannot 'see' clearly.
This is why I object to people who say- " God is angry with the sinner every day." That is ignorance.. That is the OT ...He was angry until the Lamb was slain...then all men were reconciled.

Saved is saved. Transaction completed.

You don't have to respond to this, I am just rambling. But if you do.
PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT... OR USED LARGE FONT.

I 'know' you say that you do everything on your phone...but I am not stupid neither are other people on this Forum....you do 'not' have to emphasis everything you write in capitols or large font.... we already know how intense you are in what you are writing...but doing that infer's that we are all too stupid to 'get' what you are saying. Emphasis can be done in other ways which are not shouting or oversized.
Thanks...Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE=""ByGrace", post: 408088, member: 4427" Large font...but doing that infer's that we are all too stupid to 'get' what you are saying. Emphasis can be done in other ways which are not shouting or oversized.
Thanks...Helen[/QUOTE]

No I am not inferring all are stupid. I am well aware there are other ways to emphasize, and I choose not to be hassled with other methods on my phone. Nor am I "worldly correct" to think using upper case letters is necessarily shouting.

THIS <----
I might think is an implied yell to get someone's attention.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Google search Quote:-

< The “caps lock” key makes it unreasonably easy for us to be rude. “Caps lock” has, in fact, inspired more controversy than most keys. Getting rid of it is one of Matthew J.X. Malady’s top suggestions for improving the keyboard. “The key is a nuisance, its prime real estate leading us to depress it unintentionally and often unwittingly,” he complains at Slate. The "caps lock" key has inspired larger-scale protests, too. In 2006, Belgian software developer Pieter Hintjens launched the “CAPSoff” campaign, aiming to get the offending key kicked off the keyboard altogether. >

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 *For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

Correct.
Jesus did not come to Save the Saved.

He came to Save the Lost Jews who had been drifting away from God and taking on beliefs and customs of the Gentiles.

Already known to Jesus was:
Some Jews would remain under the Law, Keep belief in God, but reject Christ.
Some Jews would would be open to hearing and Trusting Jesus and become Converted.
Some Jews would remain distant from God and continue adopting Gentile Ways.

There is an enormous amount of teaching to the Jews by Jesus' disciples who became the Teacher Apostles.

As some of the Jews did and do become broken branches; (jeopardizing their Salvation) Paul's assignment was to introduce the Gentiles to God and Christ Messiah Lord Jesus.

Some Gentiles did and do accept the Teaching and become Converted, some don't.

I do not have a problem with disagreeing with others beliefs or them disagreeing with my beliefs. With the importance being...notice to Gentiles, the Door Is Open to them, without having to "convert' To Judaism to think oneself favored by God, but rather, the revealed knowledge a Gentile can become "Converted" by Christ the Messiah Lord Jesus, and be Sealed forever unto God, and so favored that God considers the man His son.

Attempting to argue Spiritual Understanding With a Carnal Understanding is moot. As clearly seen on this thread. However it does give me insight on how and what 'certain' "Christian" denominations teach.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Google search Quote:-

< The “caps lock” key makes it unreasonably easy for us to be rude. “Caps lock” has, in fact, inspired more controversy than most keys. Getting rid of it is one of Matthew J.X. Malady’s top suggestions for improving the keyboard. “The key is a nuisance, its prime real estate leading us to depress it unintentionally and often unwittingly,” he complains at Slate. The "caps lock" key has inspired larger-scale protests, too. In 2006, Belgian software developer Pieter Hintjens launched the “CAPSoff” campaign, aiming to get the offending key kicked off the keyboard altogether. >

Already acknowledged the World has its input and decides what things means to them.

Even "cursive" is becoming called unnecessary and has been eliminated from being taught in some school districts.

I perfer to think for myself then to jump on board everytime some youngster thinks having a machine instead of a brain is a good idea.

Also you said you don't like diversions from the OP topic, so, if caps is a new subject, probably best to start an OP.

God Bless,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also you said you don't like diversions from the OP topic, so, if caps is a new subject, probably best to start an OP.

God Bless,
Taken

Well, I have to agree that you got me there! lol

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Every man has been reconciled by the blood of the Lamb...that is what God says. Most are ignorant and still don't know it.
There's a huge difference between God being reconciled to mankind through the blood of the Lamb, and sinners being reconciled to God by being obedient to the Gospel.

Those who have failed to receive Christ as Lord and Savior are still enemies of God and Christ, and the wrath of God abides on them (John 3:36). Therefore any attempt at promoting Universalism goes against the Gospel.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a huge difference between God being reconciled to mankind through the blood of the Lamb, and sinners being reconciled to God by being obedient to the Gospel.

Those who have failed to receive Christ as Lord and Savior are still enemies of God and Christ, and the wrath of God abides on them (John 3:36). Therefore any attempt at promoting Universalism goes against the Gospel.

Agree.

Often in Scripture the "Converted" "Teacher"/"Prophet"/"Teacher", is speaking to a mixed crowd....Some Converted, Some not.

When the "Teacher" says, "We are"...
He is speaking of "himself" and "others" who "ARE" converted.

Dividing the Word of Truth, requires Understanding of exactly WHO is speaking and specifically "WHO" is being addressed as a brother (already) "IN" Christ....from those "hearing", but not 'YET" IN Christ.

The whole passage must be considered.
And also the understanding of "brethren".

All "Jews" are "brethren".
As all "Christians" are "brethren".
As all of any specific group...Americans, Muslims, Africans, Hindus.....etc.
We call their group commonality, A Race, A Nationality, A Religious Belief....
Scripture simply calls such group commonality "brethren".

While Any from such "groups" CAN BE, and ANY man CAN BE
Brethren "IN Christ. Brethren "IN" Christ are specifically Brethren "IN"Christ, ie Converted men, without consideration of their "other" affiliated "brother-hood".

Understanding the difference, helps one to understand the Scriptures.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: tooldtocare

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
OSAS ~The "O" in "ONCE", IDENTIFIES the Converstion HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED.

:)

Eph 1:13 In whom (hos, hé, ho) ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

hos, hé, ho: usually rel. who, which, that, also demonstrative this, that
Original Word: ὅς, ἥ, ὅ
Part of Speech: Relative Pronoun
Transliteration: hos, hé, ho
Phonetic Spelling: (hos)
Short Definition: who, which, what, that
Definition: who, which, what, that.

NASB Translation
another* (8), any (1), because* (7), deeds* (1), just (1), just* (1), once* (1), one (11), one* (6), other (2), others* (2), same (2), since* (3), so (1), some (7), some* (8), someone (1), such (1), there (1), these (6), these things (3), thing (1), things (4), third (1), this (22), this is what (1), those whom (1), until* (1), what (101), what* (2), whatever (5), whatever* (28), when (9), when* (3), where (1), where* (2), which (404), while* (3), who (158), whoever (4), whoever* (51), whom (218), whomever* (6), whose (38), why* (3).

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)

Eph 1:13 In whom (hos, hé, ho) ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

hos, hé, ho: usually rel. who, which, that, also demonstrative this, that
Original Word: ὅς, ἥ, ὅ
Part of Speech: Relative Pronoun
Transliteration: hos, hé, ho
Phonetic Spelling: (hos)
Short Definition: who, which, what, that
Definition: who, which, what, that.

NASB Translation
another* (8), any (1), because* (7), deeds* (1), just (1), just* (1), once* (1), one (11), one* (6), other (2), others* (2), same (2), since* (3), so (1), some (7), some* (8), someone (1), such (1), there (1), these (6), these things (3), thing (1), things (4), third (1), this (22), this is what (1), those whom (1), until* (1), what (101), what* (2), whatever (5), whatever* (28), when (9), when* (3), where (1), where* (2), which (404), while* (3), who (158), whoever (4), whoever* (51), whom (218), whomever* (6), whose (38), why* (3).

Amen brother.
God Bless,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Type LOUDER so I can hear what you are saying. :p

(kepha31 has been excommunicated)

Haha!! Not sure why anyone has to shout...we can all hear clearly!

Good one!
big-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Poor kepha31 :( did you at least 'catch' all his posts before he went???

Bless you....Helen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Haha!! Not sure why anyone has to shout...we can all hear clearly!

Good one!
big-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Poor kepha31 :( did you at least 'catch' all his posts before he went???

Bless you....Helen
All his posts have been confiscated by Jesuit storm troopers:mad:

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Haha! Yep...another good one. :)
Spoken by a true Canadian. lol

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any believer in Christ would not think like this. Our desire is to follow Christ. I believe in OSAS but I do not live my life with a "license to sin". I hate my past life of sin and do not desire to practice a willful life of sin. When I do sin I feel convicted by the Holy Spirit to repent of that sin and ask for forgiveness. OSAS is not a license to sin and if anyone believes that then I would ask them to examine their faith.

I was back and forth on OSAS for years. If you are truly saved then, yes I believe that you cannot be snatched out of His hand simply because your new nature will not allow it.
Sin simply does not fit a believer any longer...I find more and more as years pass that, the sins of my past (all kinds) have not held any appeal to me,- I now SEE it as sin and hate it- nor do all of the "little ones"-what I had thought "little- I never thought of when first being saved like, attitude, gossip, selfishness to the point of never even taking the last piece of pizza or brownie in case another maybe has not had any yet. Never cared about or thought of them as sins/transgressions/esteeming others above ourselves...how good to have His laws written on the lining of our hearts.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was back and forth on OSAS for years. If you are truly saved then, yes I believe that you cannot be snatched out of His hand simply because your new nature will not allow it.
Sin simply does not fit a believer any longer...I find more and more as years pass that, the sins of my past (all kinds) have not held any appeal to me,- I now SEE it as sin and hate it- nor do all of the "little ones"-what I had thought "little- I never thought of when first being saved like, attitude, gossip, selfishness to the point of never even taking the last piece of pizza or brownie in case another maybe has not had any yet. Never cared about or thought of them as sins/transgressions/esteeming others above ourselves...how good to have His laws written on the lining of our hearts.
It is called growing. All of us need to be doing it spiritually even as all of us did it physically. The trouble with the physical is that in every case it peaks and then begins to decline until death. With the spiritual, it need not decline at all and will increase if we do not quench the Holy Spirit in us. Growth!

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Reactions: Taken and Nancy