Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i won't bother here, but it is much easier to make a case that OSAS believers do not understand the relationship, and will never be saved, as "who then can be saved?" suggests. When the first Religious Guy insists "OSAS" is when one should be pausing and reflecting imo, and the list of fallen "pastors" who have preached the doctrine speaks for itself, if the exegesis does not imo.

unfortunately there is a grain of truth in it, but it ends up getting abused for something else, and becomes an ersatz guarantee of 'salvation,' which definition is warped into "Life more abundantly, as soon as we die."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yet God tells us "Do not fear, for I am with you."
"God is Love"
"perfect love drives out fear (worship)"
etc
Never heard this.
it works well for a perspective change, but God is not interested in religious ritual worship anyway, this pov can be supported in many passages. It is humans who want rituals, not God. God seeks a better definition of "worship" imo

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
it works well for a perspective change, but God is not interested in religious ritual worship anyway, this pov can be supported in many passages. It is humans who want rituals, not God.
I agree.
I do have to say that I think rituals are good for children. It ties them
more to the faith.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
OSAS can even be seen as a declaration of lack of fear, which could be genuine, or

a counterfeit way to have no fear, like whistling past a graveyard, in someone who still has fear

and their fruit will determine where they are on the matter. iow if in the next minute they are counselling you into fear, say for not completing one of the items on their salvation checklist, then there you go, you then have all the proof you need

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i won't bother here, but it is much easier to make a case that OSAS believers do not understand the relationship, and will never be saved, as "who then can be saved?" suggests. When the first Religious Guy insists "OSAS" is when one should be pausing and reflecting imo, and the list of fallen "pastors" who have preached the doctrine speaks for itself, if the exegesis does not imo.

unfortunately there is a grain of truth in it, but it ends up getting abused for something else, and becomes an ersatz guarantee of 'salvation,' which definition is warped into "Life more abundantly, as soon as we die."
And what is it that you believe and why?

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
OSAS can even be seen as a declaration of lack of fear, which could be genuine, or

a counterfeit way to have no fear, like whistling past a graveyard, in someone who still has fear

and their fruit will determine where they are on the matter. iow if in the next minute they are counselling you into fear, say for not completing one of the items on their salvation checklist, then there you go, you then have all the proof you need
I don't get your last paragraph.
Some on this very forum believe that I live in fear of God. An unhealthy fear,,,just because I don't believe in osas.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And what is it that you believe and why?
hmm, your Q is a little too general for a specific answer, but i am led to wonder how we might be defining Understand I AM in this context, for starters.
I believe understanding I AM will cause most/all beliefs centered around the past or the future to assume their proper place.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't get your last paragraph.
Some on this very forum believe that I live in fear of God. An unhealthy fear,,,just because I don't believe in osas.
there i would be paying attention to who first invoked the word fear, and understand that your definition of "beliefs" is likely different than theirs too. For this person has just testified that their faith is predicated upon their beliefs, whereas you seem to me at least to have become much more the observer, and this is or at least can be a very hard place to get to, or stay in.

i'm constantly inventing some new belief to inhabit with my faith lol, dunno about you.
Desires and expectations usually walk hand in hand

should be fairly easy to demonstrate that whether you "believe" in the doctrine or not, if it is truth then it will obtain regardless of one's "belief" in it anyway, right? But note how this almost universally is/will not be adequate for the "believer," and ask yourself why not?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there i would be paying attention to who first invoked the word fear, and understand that your definition of "beliefs" is likely different than theirs too. For this person has just testified that their faith is predicated upon their beliefs, whereas you seem to me at least to have become much more the observer, and this is or at least can be a very hard place to get to, or stay in.

i'm constantly inventing some new belief to inhabit with my faith lol, dunno about you.
Desires and expectations usually walk hand in hand

should be fairly easy to demonstrate that whether you "believe" in the doctrine or not, if it is truth then it will obtain regardless of one's "belief" in it anyway, right? But note how this almost universally is/will not be adequate for the "believer," and ask yourself why not?
This includes yourself, right?
Or are you above that?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i don't believe in death cults that assure me that Christ came for Life, more abundantly as soon as i am dead, that's for sure

and i notice you didn't answer the Q? why am i not surprised?
Because you have been a very difficult read since day one.