Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
there i would be paying attention to who first invoked the word fear, and understand that your definition of "beliefs" is likely different than theirs too. For this person has just testified that their faith is predicated upon their beliefs, whereas you seem to me at least to have become much more the observer, and this is or at least can be a very hard place to get to, or stay in.

i'm constantly inventing some new belief to inhabit with my faith lol, dunno about you.
Desires and expectations usually walk hand in hand

should be fairly easy to demonstrate that whether you "believe" in the doctrine or not, if it is truth then it will obtain regardless of one's "belief" in it anyway, right? But note how this almost universally is/will not be adequate for the "believer," and ask yourself why not?
The other person brought up fear. (But speaking to someone else)
I don't think of fear regarding my salvation. This is not why I stay with God.

Seems to me we have a choice, be on God's side or on Satan's side. To me, it's an easy choice.
Plus, Jesus presented Himself to me many years ago, and it was love and gratitude, not fear.

Like I said, we are to have a healthy fear, or super respect, of Him.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the intent should be evident in the context of how they presented the statement, i guess

if faith in God is not serving you today, then why rely on it for tomorrow?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the intent should be evident in the context of how they presented the statement, i guess

That's the type of attitude you been giving everyone ever since I came here.
You are a negative person.
Is there anything positive you can say right now?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Faith in God may or me not be serving me in a concrete way.
Like He may not be healing me.
But I always rely on Him.
He's a part of my life...I can't imagine my life without God.
It's like someone you love.

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You pay attention.
I said; The Book of Life.
You said; The Lambs Book of Life.
As I was speaking of; The Book of Life...
AND spoke of: Every Born living man's name Enetered INTO ...The Book of Life.
uh they are ALIVE...There is a RECORD of their Life, having BEEN BORN, and LIVING.

That record Stands. They are JUDGED, out of "THAT" book for all their LIFE STOOD "FOR".

Their names WHO DID NOT "STAND" "FOR" Christ shall BE they who ARE BLOTTED OUT, of "The BOOK OF LIFE".

Then there is the; LAMBS BOOK of LIFE.
This BOOK contains the NAMES of those;
BORN AGAIN. These are the MEN WHO STOOD "FOR/WITH" the Lord and ARE SAVED.
Their names CAN NEVER BE BLOTTED OUT.

When a mans NAME is blotted OUT of "THE Book of Life"....His Name CAN NOT appear IN "THE Lambs Book of Life".
If you are going to attempt to argue with me, at least attempt to argue the SAME POINT!
I was Speaking of The Book of Life.
You Quickly Responded with emphasis that I was wrong.
You were replying with The Lambs Book of Life.
I was NOT wrong. You jumped to a conclusion without consideration of Scripture, that teaches there are more than ONE BOOK.

Men Who Overcome...Forever have their name IN the Book of Life...AND the Lambs BOOK of Life.
Rev 3:5

Men Who DO NOT Overcome...Shall have their name BLOTTED OUT of the Book of Life.
Thus their name IS NO LONGER WRITTEN IN The Book of Life.
Rev 17:8

The Lambs Book of Life...is a "Little Book"
(Which Scripture teaches FEW shall be Saved)
Rev 10

Rev 20
Begins reinterating - "book(S)"...
Ie ANOTHER Book.

I was speaking of one Book, you another Book, and you called me Wrong.

I was speaking of one Book, you another Book, and you told me to PAY attention.

No, I was not Wrong concerning the Book I was speaking of.

Yes, I was fully aware there are MORE than ONE Book, and precisely why I asked you to BE specific, and you were perplexed, apparently unaware of more than ONE Book.

God Bless,
Taken
WRONG.

The Book of Life and the Lamb’s Book of Life are one and the SAME.
There is absolutely ZERO difference between the two.

NOWHERE in scripture do we read that “every” person ever born is in the Book of Life.

Paul talks about those Christians who have labored alongside him and their names are in the Book of Life (Phil. 4:3).

Rev 3:5 refers to the Book of Life in which the names of believers in the Lord are found. The ones who overcome.

Rev.20:15 talks about those whose names are NOT written in the Book of Life being in the lake of fire.

Rev. 17:8 speaks of the names of the redeemed are written in the Book of Life.

Rev 13:8 and 21:27, we read about the "Lamb's Book of Life," where it talks about the names of all those who have been washed by the blood of the Lamb.

There is NO difference because they are the SAME Book.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that I entirely disagree with the above premise, I think that we are more inclined to trust God when we have a deeper and experiential understanding of His love for us.
Yes, so then what is needed? To see the Love and to hear the Love as it is working on you or me or the other guy requires the "ears to hear" and the "eyes to see". The hearing comes to us as it is written here if we can understand what it is saying:

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:17

"Eyes to see" come to us as it is written here, again if we can understand what it is saying:

"I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see." Rev 3:18

Without posting further scriptures I see both the hearing and the seeing as a result of the Holy Spirit working in us. This is Paul admonishes us:

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

Without that quickening Spirit we are dead. If we are dead, we cannot Love or even understand the Love which God is. The dead cannot see Him or hear Him.

Reactions: GodsGrace

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Telling someone they are false is calling them a liar.

Somebody help me!
Take this illiterate away and teach him something.
Telling somebody what they said is false is simply telling them that what they said is wrong.
Calling somebody a "Liar" is calling them a "Liar."

And YOU call me an "illiterate" . . .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
And I'm STILL waiting for one of you to show me the post where I called anybody a "Liar."
Try being honest, for a change . . .
Ditto.
You call people liars, false (which is the same), sparky.
Just don't use any names!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... God is not interested in religious ritual worship anyway, this pov can be supported in many passages. It is humans who want rituals, not God. God seeks a better definition of "worship" imo
If by definition you mean a group of words that a man can speak or write that fully explain God's meaning, I would be careful with that.

The scriptures themselves are that "group of words" [containing in the KJV more than 700,000 words] and we see what men have done with that group of words. The number of words is not really changing [unless someone is increasing it in some a new translation], but the number of denominations based on the same collection certainly seems to be still on the increase.

What God may be seeking rather than a better definition is to write THE definition onto our hearts. If and when He does, how many words would it take to explain it to a closed heart? How many words to an open heart? Or perhaps it would simply take God's Word.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sounds to me like they (3 Hebrew lads) trusted God without knowing whether or not they would be burned up. I would say that they loved God more than they feared the fire.

Well said, good example... Totally agree ...
And, we are not all the same...and it seems we could well each have a different motivation which 'got us saved'.
I don't believe that God ever gives up in nudging us toward the kingdom.
My own 'hook' as I have mentioned..was in believing what I read about England being one of the "lost" tribes. LOL
I fell hook ,line and sinker...but God used that ( me believing I was one of His special seed of Abraham !!) to start me thinking deeper into HIM.
Obviously He quickly showed me that even though it made 'good reading'..He had something better for me..The Genuine Good News Of Jesus Christ. :)
Truth will always win our heart if we give it/Him our time.

Reactions: amadeus