Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now I am one that have had many scary changed thoughts. Here is one. After reading and listening from Dallas Willard. I SEE SALVATION AS A LIFE TO THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO ABIDE...IN HIS TEACHINGS
It's scary because it's what the Bible actually teaches but which more and more people in the church do not believe.

Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. Anyone who runs ahead (casts the word of Christ behind them) and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 1:8-9

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so which time? the time you pick
Didn't you read my post? I said, "the amount of time God allows a person to come back to faith after falling into unbelief depends on that person's particular circumstances." We don't pick anything. The fallen person should just be grateful that God is even giving them a chance to come back. I mean, if he's even giving them that chance.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's scary because it's what the Bible actually teaches but which more and more people in the church do not believe.

Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. Anyone who runs ahead (casts the word of Christ behind them) and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 1:8-9
Well it was scary to me because you thought you knew something you really didn't know.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is what Spirit was in Christ that raised Him from the dead.

Give verses of the Spirit.

For if the Spirit is in us it will also raise us from the dead.
The Holy Spirit.....

38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil... Acts 10:38

the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you. Romans 8:10-11​

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said I give to them eternal life.
So eternal life seems to have to be a continual present possession?
Without a doubt. Though, whether you enjoy it or not is another thing. And whether you keep the life that is eternal or not is yet another thing.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit.....

38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil... Acts 10:38

the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you. Romans 8:10-11​
So the Spirit of God is the answer...
So.....this has become interesting
For God must be in His son....but can God's Spirit be dormant ?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I know I have sinned...willfully not that I was a Jew. But did my own thing...the condemnation/PUNISHMENT remains the same. OR IS IT DIFFERENT?

I DO NOT KNOW TOO MANY PEOPLE THAT HAVE NOT WILLFULLY, WITH KNOWLEDGE OF RIGHT FROM WRONG HAVE NOT SINNED.

SHALL WE GO ON THAT GRACE MAY INCREASE ...GOD FORBID!....SOUNDS LIKE WOE UNTO THAT MAN THAT KNOWS TO DO RIGHT AND DOES NOT DO IT.

HOWEVER THE WILLFUL SIN I BELIEVE HEAR IS REJECTING THE FAITH THAT WE ARE SAVED THROUGH........FOR WHAT PURPOSE WOULD IT BE FOR CHRIST TO LIVE FOREVER TO INTERCEEDS FOR THOSE WHO COME TO HIM?.....IF HE DOES NOT UPHOLD US. AND HOW COULD WE GROW UNLESS WE FALL. OR LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES.

Are you talking about and referring to Hebrews 10:26? If so, I think the key there is to understand what scriptures meant by the phrase “willfully sin”. Also, that passage must be taken in the context of what the writer had been saying concerning falling away.

Question is have people in the old Cov died without Mercy? MOST LIKELY YES. BUT DOES THEIR DEATH MEAN PERMANENT SEPERATION FROM GOD....IDK OR COULD IT MEAN THEIR DEATH SAVED THEM FROM ANOTHER TYPE OF DEATH?

IT IS WRITTEN IT IS BETTER NOT TO HAVE KNOWN THE WAY THAN TO HAVE KNOWN IT AND TURNED FROM IT. EVER WONDERED WHAT HAPPENS TO A DOG THAT TURNS BACK TO HIS WN VOMIT?..

THERE IS A PASSAGE THAT MENTIONS TURNING ONE OVER TO SATAN THAT HIS SOUL MIGHT BE SAVED.
Hebrews 6
So although I believe the author is contrasting
A situation that may impliment fear, to show how unpurposeful going back to Judaism might be , most likely under grave situations,
He saw in mind for them better things that accompanied salvation. ....And my thought.of the better thing is the reward of life....if they continued on the course....that life then would sustain them under persecution....And would not
that be some grace!

But a core thought even for myself....is that there is no fear in love, for perfect love cast out fear for fear has to do with punishment. So then If I fear, I have yet to be perfected in/for or by Love. [One of those preps]
ANYWAY IF SCRIPTURE SAYS PEOPLE DIED WITHOUT MERCY THAN THEY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN [DELIVERED] AT THE SAME TIME. If one dies in their sins what is there to expect but what judgement is coming.
You have a lot there going in your mind. I suggest you take one issue at a time.

Read that part of Hebrews 6:4-6 carefully. I want you to see it for yourself what truth it saying concerning those referred to in v.4-5.

Also, in your reading who do you say are referred to in v.4-5?

Tong
R2967

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok then what circumstances ? i need scripture
There's an element of ignorance in the Corinthians having fallen away to another gospel (1 Corinthians 15:34). And there's an element of not knowing God intimately, yet, in the case of the Galatians having fallen away to another gospel (Galatians 4:9). I see those as mitigating factors that keep Hebrews 10:26-31 from instantly going into effect. Now if they had just left because they wanted to and just flat out didn't want Jesus anymore because they loved their old lives more than their new lives in Christ that would be a different story.

Reactions: Wynona

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Spirit of God is the answer...
So.....this has become interesting
For God must be in His son....but can God's Spirit be dormant ?
Yes...

Do not quench the Spirit. 1 Thessalonians 5:19​

And in regard to the activity of the workings of the Spirit.....

One day Jesus was teaching, and the Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there. People had come from Jerusalem and from every village of Galilee and Judea, and the power of the Lord was present for Him to heal the sick. Luke 5:17
The implication of this being, the power of the Spirit to heal is not always present. Remember the pool of Bethesda?

Reactions: Corlove13

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he has promised us Eternal life and he said no man can pluck us from or out of the father hand .
And note the condition for having that promise....

...let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He Himself made to us: eternal life. 1 John 2:24-25

Some say that condition is always automatically fulfilled for the real believer. Some say you let what you heard remain in you, or not. Either way, the important thing is that the word by which we were saved remains in us to the very end. Because that's the condition for having the promise of eternal life.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if we are kept by the power of God.. what point are we no longer kept and what point are we out of His hand . at what point doe we no longer have eternal life ????
When you purposely stop believing and God closes the door for you to come back from that decision to not believe anymore. Some say that's not possible to happen in the real believer. Others say it is possible. The important thing is to heed the exhortation of scripture to keep believing to the very end. That's what matters. Osas arguments do not matter.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The question is what Spirit was in Christ that raised Him from the dead.

Give verses of the Spirit.

For if the Spirit is in us it will also raise us from the dead.

I'll share my take and hope to learn from others.

Jesus said I give to them eternal life.
So eternal life seems to have to be a continual present possession?

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Acts 2:32
This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.

<<<The question is what Spirit was in Christ that raised Him from the dead.>>>

God, the Holy Spirit.

<<<So eternal life seems to have to be a continual present possession?>>>

What is to you eternal life?

Now I am one that have had many scary changed thoughts. Here is one. After reading and listening from Dallas Willard. I SEE SALVATION AS A LIFE TO THOSE WHO CONTINUE TO ABIDE...IN HIS TEACHINGS

THEREFORE WHAT HAPPENS IF ONE STOPS ABIDING? YOU ARE AS PURPOSEFUL AS THE LIFE THAT SUSTAINS YOU OTHER WISE...AS A FLOWER CUT FROM ITS SOURCE IT DIES.

I SEE LIFE FOR LIFE........IF YOU CONTINE UNTO DEATH ITS LIKELY YOU CONTINUE OUTSIDE OF DEATH.
After you read and listened from Dallas Willard (I don’t know this one), did you read and listened to God in scriptures?

I am interested in what you read from scriptures.

Tong
R2968

Status
Not open for further replies.