Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However with regards him who does not fall away, God’s allowing of time for him to not fall away and after which he can no longer fall away is nowhere to be found in your view. Why?
You never asked, lol. I believe that a Christian can mature to the point that there is no turning back for them. Actually, I think I may have made some kind of reference to this somewhere in our discussions in recent weeks.

Reactions: HIM and Nancy

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Set aside the Galatians for a while. I am asking if you consider yourself for example, do you think it possible for you, after falling away into Judaism for example, that it is possible that you can later choose to repent and believe again?
Almost forgot about this, lol. Hopefully now you can see that if you or I ever did such a thing God's patience with us in the matter would depend on why we did that. But in the end, there would come a time when no repentance is allowed if we did that and then refused God's attempts to get us to reconsider such a foolish decision to turn away from justification in Christ.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The over all point is Jesus is secure...
Or another way to retheme it, Once the security of Christ always the security of Christ. OSCASC
Jesus is the most secure thing in existence. That's why we would do well to keep believing in Him and not abandon Him for 'another' gospel like the Galatians and the Corinthians did, and the Hebrew church was contemplating doing.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the most secure thing in existence. That's why we would do well to keep believing in Him and not abandon Him for 'another' gospel like the Galatians and the Corinthians did, and the Hebrew church was contemplating doing.

What you mean another Gospel?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound like you got it down and you are one to seek council from...

I study regularly, nearly daily, and have for years...But am still a Student ever learning.
I can testify the Lord God (to His Glory) has Blessed me greatly, in all areas of my life.
I do speak openly, unashamedly of Gods Word, what I believe, and know WHY, I believe what I do.

I advise Knowledge comes from Gods Word. Diligent (hearing /reading) regularly, is Gods method for Blessing people with Measures of Faith. As Faith "increases", God is the Giver (to the Diligent) of His "wisdom" and His "understanding" regarding the "knowledge".
Christ Jesus IS our Supreme "intercessory"...
Christ Jesus IS Gods High Priest for Our Benefit.
By Him, Through Him, every man is offered:
His Truth, His Knowledge, His Understanding, His Council, His Life eternal.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very Very good point!.....for I just mentioned before this that I want to go into some more on the Diff between Spirit of Christ Spirit of God....and now also Holyghost power

God is Spirit. Gods Spirit IS Pure Light. Gods Pure Light IS His Glory, that He "gives" to no one.
Light "glory" any Earthly man 'has' is BECAUSE OF "reflection" of Gods Light (Glory).

God called...Spirit, Light, Fire...is Revealing of His ABSOLUTE "POWER"...
ie Almighty ALL- MIGHTY.

His POWER, SUPREME, Above ALL other POWER (sources) and IS His SPIRIT.
Again WHEN a "measure" of HIS POWER is given an earthly man...it is a REFLECTION.

Sort of like the SUN. Extreme Power, Extreme Light. We can not harness, take hold, touch, posess the SUN, but we can RECEIVE power, heat, light, reflection from the SUN.

Gods SPIRIT, has ASPECTS (so to speak) of POWER...

A couple of mentions OF ... the Seven Spirits of God...

Rev 3:
[1] And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Rev.4

[5] And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

Isolated Scripture may appear as if God HAS Seven Spirits...However;
Further study reveals, Gods Spirit IS ONE SPIRIT, "specific to particular diverse "gifts", or otherwise specific to teaching, revealing give information, Specific things to mankind".

IN BRIEF:
1 Cor 12:
[4] Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
[8] For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
[9] To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

A man who becomes Converted; is gifted with the Spirit of Truth
(1 John 4:6)
And men may also receive other Gifts of Gods Spirit.

Spirit of Christ, Spirit of God, IS the ONE SAME SPIRIT.

Jesus came to earth "humbled", without His Spirit, His Power.
Jesus' Power was revealed TO mens eyes when Jesus was Baptized in water, and once Raised UP...
A dove landed on His shoulder, for men to SEE, and understand what just Occured Supernaturally, (that their Earthly eyes could not see.)

John 17:
[5] And now, O Father, (Jesus speaking) glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

We never SEE Gods POWER. We only SEE the RESULTS of Gods POWER.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Corlove13

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Another "gospel", in Brief:
is a Teaching, "of KNOWLEDGE", claimed to be "Gods prophetic Word" or "a gods prophetic word"...that is CONTRARY or UN-ABLE to be "VALIDATED/VERIFIED", by the Lord God Almighty's "Written Word".

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Corlove13

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anxiety attacks....nerves....
I had a son pass away, another son acting up...and other thing as just wanting God's presence...but after this post I THINK it's all about walking by faith and believing in the promises of God......
Amen, Precious friend, and if I {who Also has a son who departed to GloryLand} may
humbly add, According To His Amazing GRACE For us, Today, In The Current
Dispensation!
{Not Confusing it with the Previous Dispensation (with a Different
gospel "of the kingdom"),
Under The Law. Amen?}.
And, Please Be Very Richly Blessed In KNOWING HIS:

GRACE Word For infirmities

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anxiety attacks....nerves....
I had a son pass away, another son acting up...and other thing as just wanting God's presence...but after this post I THINK it's all about walking by faith and believing in the promises of God......

Awe - So sorry to hear of your sons passing.
And another son "acting up"... Don't know his age, however, a sibling passing is very difficult for children to grieve and understand.
There are things you can do, but too indepth and outside of this Thread.

Sorry for your loss and difficulties.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, Precious friend, and if I {who Also has a son who departed to GloryLand} may
humbly add, According To His Amazing GRACE For us, Today, In The Current
Dispensation!
{Not Confusing it with the Previous Dispensation {with a Different gospel} of The Law. Amen?}.
And, Please Be Very Richly Blessed In KNOWING HIS:

GRACE Word For infirmities

GRACE ambassador, also sorry for the loss of your son.

God Bless and comfort you,
Taken

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One hundred and ninety two pages of the same old , same old .
Its simple really . PREACH JESUS and ALL HIS TEACHINGS and all reminders even the apostels gave .
And the reminders JESUS spoke from heaven . Real simple i say . Whoever hears amen , who ever rejects , well that is on them .
Let us get back to the bibles and learn them well. Forget men’s doctrine. Let us just read the Bible and follow the Lord’s sayings.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A gospel that is different than the real one by which a person was originally saved. For example, the Galatians turned to another gospel (Galatians 1:6-9). A different gospel that included reliance on the works of the law for justification. And the Corinthians turned to another gospel (2 Corinthians 11:4) of an unrisen savior (1 Corinthians 15:11-17).

Reactions: amigo de christo

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A gospel that is different than the real one by which a person was originally saved. For example, the Galatians turned to another gospel (Galatians 1:6-9). A different gospel that included reliance on the works of the law for justification. And the Corinthians turned to another gospel (2 Corinthians 11:4) of an unrisen savior (1 Corinthians 15:11-17).
One is still to fullfill the Moral Law...

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In all likelihood, there’s none. It was obviously his personal opinion. At least that’s how it comes to me.

Tong
R2971
i fail to understand why he does not answer my questions . i am trying to establish the reason for the hope that is with in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.