Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know why the religionists think that but for me I'm just going by what you said. You've been playing up a pretty big case for your sinning. And then judging us for not doing the same. I'd have to be a liar to do that. I got radically changed when I got born again.

I got radically changed too! But no more than Paul did......he wrote that he did not get to the level that he should have in his lifetime.....HE never arrived at a state of Perfection.....neither have I. Neither have you....

As one of the Chief “ Religionists” at this site.....you need to admit that though you might be Saved, you STILL have an Old Adamic Nature In you that still Wants it’s own way and sometimes you give in to it.....if not in deed, at least in thought.....you are no better nor any different from the rest of the Human Race—- Saved or Unsaved—- you have Secret thoughts that would shame Hell and if the people at this Forum knew you the way God knows you —— they would throw up at the mention of your name....that goes double for me......

Try to conjure up a little Humility......you need all the Grace you can get to be Saved.....why not admit it and thank God for it?

I am sure you are a much better man than you used to be....Kudos ! I am too! But compared to Jesus and God we are Wretched Worms and Nothing more.....The closer one gets to God, the farther away one sees himself.....I am much closer to God than you are....put on your “ thinking cap” and consider that Truism.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know what it means to be a mature Christian. It doesn't mean you have more theological knowledge than the rest of us. It means you live more like Christ than the rest of us. Why don't you know this? You claim to read your Bible, yet this important point escapes you. Did Andrew Farley not teach you this?

The Great Teacher , Andrew Farley , is responsible for maybe 1% of my Bible teaching.....another “ dog” you found that won’t hunt.....back to the drawing board , Mr.Bueller.......

I might be a lot more “ like Christ” than you ever expected—— maybe you don’t really know what to look for....it SURE ain’t preaching a False, Perverted “ Gospel” That ADDS to what Jesus accomplished at the Cross.....

The Heart Of Christianity is Love.....everything else is “ small potatoes” ....I have that Love for God and others in my Heart.....In Christianity it’s NOT “whoever has the most toys wins”......In Christianity, it’s “ whoever LOVES the most wins”...... now between “ you” and myself ? I win.......lol.....

You guys think I am the Spawn Of Satan —- you only know me with my “War Bonnet” on , because I am God’s “ Pit Bull” in the Battle Of Adding to Paul’s Gospel and the Spreading Of Leaven......would it be right to form your opinion about Jesus only knowing how he beat people with whips in the Temple one day. Of course not .....that was a very small slice of who He was....it's like that with me....You would-be shocked beyond belief if you knew the true me....you never met a kinder , more forgiving person than me in your life....you’ll just have to trust me on that and all the Glory for “ Anything “ good in me goes to God....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys think I am the Spawn Of Satan —- you only know me with my “War Bonnet” on , because I am God’s “ Pit Bull” in the Battle Of Adding to Paul’s Gospel and the Spreading Of Leaven......would it be right to form your opinion about Jesus only knowing how he beat people with whips in the Temple one day. Of course not .....that was a very small slice of who He was....it's like that with me....You would-be shocked beyond belief if you knew the true me....you never met a kinder , more forgiving person than me in your life....you’ll just have to trust me on that and all the Glory for “ Anything “ good in me goes to God....
Nah, you treat me like crap. Your boast falls on deaf ears. But I still like you, though.

Reactions: GracePeace

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953 , I asked a couple of pointed questions that I think a 'warrior' like yourself would be glad to address. If you're sure you have good answers for them they'll go a long way to advancing your war on legalism/religionists. Please go back and give us your answers.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I'm the one that needs to be humble, lol.

As I say.....you don’t know me at all....Pride is the opposite of Humility.....does a “ Proud Man” admit from his heart that he is the TRUE “ Chief Of Sinners” and constantly maintain that the ONLY reason I am not burning in Hell at this very instant is due to the Amazing Grace Of God ? I am a Wretched Man Saved ONLY by God’s Mercy and Christ's Blood ......I have NOTHING to offer God but my SIN ....All I can do is Cling to the Cross.....How about you? YOU have something to offer, don’t you? Your Super Memory Of all of your Sins and your “ Lucky Repentance” to get “ all of your sinful ducks in a row” before you die....

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation starts with God, not from us. Our knowing God is not to be mistaken as that makes us deserving of His salvation. God knew is first. And those whom He foreknew, them He saves. Only when one is saved that he comes to knowing God. That is what God wanted for them whom He saves, to know Him, not that He will saved them if they do, but that is actually the start of they experience of the eternal life the He gives to them.

Tong
R3194

True.....the initiative for Salvation rests with God..... “ Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw Him” Fools think they will do as they please and “ get Religion” when they are on their Death Beds.....big mistake....it ain’t up to them.....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I say.....you don’t know me at all....Pride is the opposite of Humility.....does a “ Proud Man” admit from his heart that he is the TRUE “ Chief Of Sinners” and constantly maintain that the ONLY reason I am not burning in Hell at this very instance is the Amazing Grace Of God ?
Don't you get it? You're looking down on people like the Pharisee looked down on the tax collector.

‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—working to be saved, adding to the cross—or even like this religionist.'​

And I know you think that's okay, but it's not. I've long said the free gracer is the modern day Pharisee. He is to grace what the Pharisee was to the law.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know that freedom in Christ means freedom from sin, not freedom to sin, right?

What!?? You are KIDDING ME , right? Oh man.....gulp....Head for the Hills, Ma Barker !! I guess as the kids say, “My Bad!”......

Please !Please ! Let me SIN!! I have told you countless times that Sinning, for me , has all of the appeal of a “ Drano Enema” ..... I guess that counts for nothing.....why bother to try to explain myself to you and your ilk? You Never listen.......I guess that is a type of blessing.....as long as you argue with me , it gives me more opportunities to use you Legalists as “Springboards” to get the True Gospel Of Grace out there for fellow victims of Bad Teaching.....so keep on Accusing and keep on trying to “ teach” me—- you DO serve a purpose and for “that” we thank you.....

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace plus nothing for justification is a wonderful gospel truth, but it's milk knowledge, not solid food.

.....and you would know more about “ milk” than Borden and Ideal brands combined.....lol.....

If it’s “ Grace Plus Nothing” Why do you add “Lucky Repentance” to “Nothing?”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953 , I asked a couple of pointed questions that I think a 'warrior' like yourself would be glad to address. If you're sure you have good answers for them they'll go a long way to advancing your war on legalism/religionists. Please go back and give us your answers.

Give answers AGAIN? What’s the point ? I am too lazy to “ go back” .....YOU “go back” and tell me what you want answers for....If I can see that it might help out a Newbie that hasn’t been ruined yet by you Religionists, I might answer.....
Then again , if I get too busy later , I may not Get the chance—- I have to rearrange my Spice Rack tonight....first things first ....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gee.....such clever baiting.....duh.....I MUST accept this challenge or I Will look bad.....lol.....you can do better than this , Ferris.....just level with me, OK? Don’t try to play little “ mind games”....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...except if you're a legalist. Or perceived to be a legalist. Then the love ends, lol. Then you turn into the snarly faced old man (who had greeted you earlier with the warm ear to ear smile at the front door before he considered you a legalist). Because that's what Jesus and Paul did, Right?

What I “ Turn into” is one who recognizes and calls out “ False and Perverted” Gospels .....Jesus said, using Paul as His “ Secretary” , That those that teach ADDITIONS to Paul’s Gospel Of Pure Grace , such as having to Repent Of ALL Sins before you die or go to Hell, or making sure that you NEVER commit a “ Willful Sin” once you are Saved —— these people are damned ....you had better BELIEVE they are going to get a “ Snarling Face “ from me.....

Paul’s Verdict for these False Teachers was to kick them out of his Churches......Jesus Verdict was to send them to Hell .... (“ Let them be Accursed!”) .......Two “Loving “ verdicts there, right? And you complain about my “Snarl”......lol......now THAT’s Funny!

Last edited:

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy smokes. This is the never ending thread. It would take me a week to catch up...
Was this thought already mentioned??? When reading the bible, there is a rule that I have followed for years. That rule is if the scripture says something plainly, take it for what it says. Sounds simplistic, now doesn’t it? Well, actually it is. The Bible says: 1st Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. So then, if the scriptures, which are authored by the Lord God Himself seem confusing to you, there are three possibilities.

1. You are trying to understand them with a carnal mind that uses carnal reasoning.
2. You haven’t got a clue because you haven’t got the Holy Spirit in you to be your guide.
3. You are looking for another answer other than the one the Bible spells out.

We can’t blame God, that’s for sure. Why? Because He’s not the one that authored the confusion. Lets take a few verses from John to begin with. The Lord Jesus said: John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand. 10:30 I and my Father are one.

1. In verse 27, there is a clear and distinct relationship between the Savior and His sheep (the saved). They hear and follow Him, and He knows them.
2. In verse 28, He says He gives them Eternal Life. And unless I see it different than the rest of you, He says plainly “They Shall NEVER Perish” nor is anyone taking them from Him. He wouldn't say this, and then later tell us He didn’t really mean it, would He?
3. Then in verse 29 He lets everybody know that His Father is greater than Him, and you aren’t going to take His sheep out of His hands either. Glory to God.
4. And last but not least, the Savior points out He and the Father are one and the same, which is backed up by many other scriptures in the Bible speaking of the Godhead. How are you going to overpower He that is Power and take yourself out of His hands.

It's a plain and clear, no beating around the bush, understanding. So then if you see another verse that in your mind seems contrary to what the Lord says plainly, then the meaning is being missed by you.

But we can’t stop there. This verse still has to be backed up by another, according to Isaiah chapter 28. And there are many other verses that reinforce these, and defiantly not taking them out of context. Check this out. I just showed you where Jesus said a very plain statement about salvation. Then there are those that would say that Jesus really didn’t mean this, and that some previously saved sheep will jump out of the Lords hand. Well, that can’t be. Why? Well look at the following scripture verses from Matthew that speak of the Great White Throne judgment. Some say that this is where even the once saved, who lost their salvation will be judged. That’s impossible however. Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Notice the Savior said “I never knew you” in verse 23. If these folks had been saved at one time, the Lord couldn’t say "I never knew you". That would be a lie, and we know the Savior can’t lie because in John 10:27 he says "I know them".

Never looked at it that way before now did you?

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That has been a problem in the church, too. But we're talking about the ear tickling doctrine that says you can purposely live in unrepentant sin all you want and you are still saved and will always be saved. That's making grace a license to sin. If it is not, please inform us what making grace a license to sin is.

A person that thinks he can “ Sin and get away with it” is one that THINKS that he can abuse Grace or “ Turn it into a License to Sin “—— it is a lie.Some people like to try it, I suppose.....I am like Charles Stanley in this matter.....if you think you can MOCK GOD and take advantage of what Christ Shed His Blood for—— go right ahead! Give it a shot! See what happens.....it won’t be pleasant.You probably won’t be tempted to try it again....God will Chastise His Children here in their lifetimes .....

Nobody “ gets away with” ANY Sins in this life......God will punish day to day Sinning bad enough.....when it comes to Sinning up a storm because you think Grace is going to cause it to be “ Overlooked”...... you are going to be in for a HUGE surprise .....and you ain’t gonna like it....never forget that God can strike you Dead at any moment if you think you can play Him for a Fool.....

Reactions: The Parson
Status
Not open for further replies.