Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Notice the promise is to those who believe in him, not to those who don't. Unbelievers, whether they never believed or stopped believing, do not inherit the promises of God. The promises of God are addressed to believing people. Even the original Osas believed that much! You'd be better off just going back to the original teachings of Osas.

To be honest I haven't heard you say it but In your opinion What do you think you have to believe?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The very thing the church longs for, but does not know how to lay hold of. Instead deferring to things like Osas teachings to get that which only obedience to God's commands, summed up in 'love your neighbor as yourself' will get them.

Nobody, including you, has ever “ loved their neighbor as themselves” . Nobody, including you ,ever loved God with ALL their heart, mind and soul .....in your heart- Of- Hearts you KNOW this is True.....you pretend that you do this because if you do not understand or live by Grace, the True Alternative is too scary to admit....

Whatever a church “ longs for” and can’t grab hold of should be Assurance of their Salvation and the Love and Peace and Joy that accompanies it.....that only comes from Resting in the Gospel — the Finished Work Of The Cross.If you ain't Resting , you are Working and God declares you “ Disobedient and Guilty Of Unbelief! God will see to it that your church and its members will pay a price for these serious charges...despite all of their “ longing”....

On your BEST Day,your “ Total” Love for God and for your fellow man is a joke....just keep on rejecting the Grace of God that is your ONLY hope of getting Saved.....you ain’t fooling anybody with a brain when it comes to your hypocrisy....pretending to live up to a Standard that was never MEANT to be lived up to.... it was a Standard to show you your need if Grace....and you guys are too proud to admit it.....your “ games” will come to an end on the Day when “ ALL Secrets will be revealed”

I don’t have any “ secrets” .....I’m a Sinner who admits that I can’t reach Gods Standard ( that would be Perfection, btw... ) .....I don’t love God as much as I should and even though I try to be nice to all of my neighbors —- If It were not for the Shed Blood of Jesus and the Grace That it provided , I would be headed to a deserved Hell like a bullet ....

All I can do is trust Jesus and Cling to the Cross....How about you?

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you just keep repeating them over and over, and not really addressing the issue at hand.
I'll address any issue you bring up. And if it seems to you that I'm not addressing the issues you bring up let me know and I will help you see that I am indeed addressing them.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why if we sin do we need to repent?
Sense sins are already covered....

We repent to restore a bruised Relationship ....it comes naturally to a Believer ....we don’t HAVE to ( it has nothing to do with staying Saved) we “ want” to .....we feel better afterward....like I say....I really have no control over it....it just comes naturally.....like so many other things that are propelled from the Holy Spirit within me...

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody, including you, has ever “ loved their neighbor as themselves” . Nobody, including you ,ever loved God with ALL their heart, mind and soul .....in your heart- Of- Hearts you KNOW this is True.....you pretend that you do this because if you do not understand or live by Grace, the True Alternativec is too scary to admit....
Oh, BB, did you forget we went over this already?

"...make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 1:5-9
We are to have the attributes of the Spirit in increasing measure, BB. That is how you make your calling and election sure and know that you have God's grace in salvation. Assurance of salvation comes from how you act, not from believing that you can never lose your salvation. What assurance does believing you can never lose your salvation give if you don't even have the assurance that you're even saved in the first place?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok I'm wanting to try to understand what you mean better, So is that what you mean when you say you have to keep believing all the way to the end? you have to believe that at all times and never stop?
Yes.

And thank you for taking the time to understand my argument correctly. I mean that.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Now may I ask, Was there a law given that could give life?
No, because there is no law that fallen man can keep. The righteousness of the law is completely contrary to the nature of man. The problem was with man, not with the law. Christ proved that by the simple fact that he is a man who kept the law.
You answered correctly with a No, but then was quickly made wrong by what you added to say is the reason why.

So, yes scriptures says no law WAS GIVEN that could give life. Why there is none was because none was given.

Scriptures reasoned, for if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. This is saying that righteousness is not by the law. That no one is justified by the law simply because no Law was given that could give life. And it was made evident also that the natural man cannot keep the law.

Tong
R3332

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
What does scriptures say why Israel did not attain to righteousness with regards the keeping of the law?
What then will we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because their pursuit was not by faith, but as if it were by works. Romans 9:30-32
That's what you're looking for, right?
That was the problem with Israel that scriptures say, right?

Tong
R3333

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On your BEST Day,your “ Total” Love for God and for your fellow man is a joke....just keep on rejecting the Grace of God that is your ONLY hope of getting Saved.
I thought you now understood that I in no way was making an argument that salvation is earned by having a high quality of obedience to God's commands? Your ever increasing obedience is the sign that you have God's grace in salvation. That's why the Bible says how we live is how we know that we really have God's calling and election.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You answered correctly with a No, but then was quickly made wrong by what you added to say is the reason why.

So, yes scriptures says no law WAS GIVEN that could give life. Why there is none was because none was given.

Scriptures reasoned, for if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. This is saying that righteousness is not by the law. That no one is justified by the law simply because no Law was given that could give life. And it was made evident also that the natural man cannot keep the law.

Tong
R3332
The Lord commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the Lord our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today. And if we are careful to obey all this law before the Lord our God, as he has commanded us, that will be our righteousness.” Deuteronomy 6:24-25​

So you can see, Paul was not saying no law was given that can impart life, but was saying no law was given that can impart life that is suitable and attainable for fallen man.

Last edited:

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes.

And thank you for taking the time to understand my argument correctly. I mean that.

Great hopefully it helps some way, So What about when you are distracted and aren't even thinking of that, or are asleep, or if say you fainted had an accident put into a drug induced coma and never recovered, If it was on what you where believing it could change at any moment or you might not even have the ability to believe the moment you die what would happen then?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol
What type of relationship is a one night stand? Not many women want to be used for sex...lol not even the married ones...
That's why they like you to communicate with them, spend time with them doing things that are pleasing...

Therefore this is Why we need to be Born from above....because you are not just trusting something you can get to secure heaven when you die.....that leaves your life unchanged.

But should have Trusted or be putting trust in someone you came to believe Is truly "it" The son of God, the creator, King.....

This is why you cannot see the natural flow of your own biblical words.

Your “ one night stand “ analogy is too ridiculous to comment on....when you trust in Jesus to Save you —-which just might be something a little important —- God puts His Spirit in you and that is when your life gets “ changed” .... Christianity 101..... spare us with your obvious observations and lectures.....we ain't near as stupid as you think we are.....

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was the problem with Israel that scriptures say, right?

Tong
R3333
That's what it says. They were the problem, not the law in and of itself. The writer of Hebrews says it here......

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people Hebrews 8:7-8

See the 'problem' with the law was not the law, but the people for whom it was given. It was only wrong in that it was unsuitable as a way for fallen man to attain life and be righteous. As I've noted, the law was not a hindrance to the man Jesus.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
I disagree with you, when you seem to tell me that they are people who have a relationship with Jesus though not an intimate one.
Almost. I'm saying Jesus could be referring to people who had a relationship with Him at one time, just not ever an intimate knowing relationship, but who clearly don't have any relationship with him now, having fallen away into lawlessness, and so they will be condemned when He returns.
Yes, you are saying that. But Jesus was saying “I never knew you”. Period.

Tong
R3334

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great hopefully it helps some way, So What about when you are distracted and aren't even thinking of that, or are asleep, or if say you fainted had an accident put into a drug induced coma and never recovered, If it was on what you where believing it could change at any moment or you might not even have the ability to believe the moment you die what would happen then?
Jesus pointed out the things that can cause a person to cast the word of God out of his heart in unbelief—trials, tribulations, persecutions, testings, etc. The implication being this involves situations and circumstances in which a person makes a conscious, willing decision to stop believing. If you died after making such a conscious decision to not believe any more you would die as an unsaved unbeliever and not enter into the kingdom at the resurrection. But it sounds like you're talking about not being able to believe anymore because of a medical condition or something like that takes away your capacity to be able to believe. I don't see God holding that against them if that person was believing before those conditions arose that caused them to not have the capacity to believe anymore. Am I understanding your question correctly?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you are saying that. But Jesus was saying “I never knew you”. Period.

Tong
R3334
Did he say, "I never knew you" because they were never saved or because he never entered into an intimate knowing relationship with them when they were saved? See, it's not as cut and dry as you're making it out to be. These are legitimate questions based on other verses of scripture about 'knowing'.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
And disagree more when you seem to include the babes in Christ to the said group of people to whom Jesus will say “I never knew you”, “depart from Me”, “you who practice lawlessness”.
I'm saying if Jesus is talking about people who he never knew intimately he would be talking about immature babes in Christ who did not have an intimate relationship with Him and fell away into lawlessness as a result. I say that because the Parable of the Sower says it is the immature believer that does not retain the word of God in them and does not bring it to fruition in perseverance. In that parable, perseverance in the word in salvation is an attribute of mature, obedient, fruit bearing believers, not every single believer as Osas teaching says.
Yes, you indeed say that. And that even while you understand about babes in Christ. That when they, in their infant immature situation, are deceived and led astray by false teachings, and dies so that they had not grown to maturity, that when the time comes, Jesus will say to them “I never knew you”, “depart from me”, “you who practice lawlessness.” And that is you say because of the parable of the Sower. Only shows the misuse of the parable.

Tong
R3335

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

The Lord commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the Lord our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today. And if we are careful to obey all this law before the Lord our God, as he has commanded us, that will be our righteousness.” Deuteronomy 6:24-25​

So you can see, Paul was not saying no law was given that can impart life, but was saying no law was given that can impart life that is suitable and attainable for fallen man.
The issue is not with that scriptures.

And there again, it’s between what you say and what scriptures say through Paul. I stick with scriptures, all the time.

And I said, I do not add to scriptures. Scriptures says that there was no law given that could give life. For if there was, righteousness would have been by the law.

Tong
R3336

Reactions: BloodBought 1953
Status
Not open for further replies.