Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a born again believer and I'm calling you out on your teaching. If doing that makes me an accuser of the brethren, what does that make you when you do it? Please stop misusing Biblical phrases.

There’s a big difference—- you pervert the Gospel with False Additions ....I don’t .Ultimately there is a fight and wrong....and you ADD to the Gospel .That is Wrong....
PRove to me where I am wrong....

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do think that, because that is what scripture says, Hebrews 12:2. And so it is with me sometimes. I don't get the blessing until I've completed the task. Sometimes the overflow of the Spirit motivates the obedience. Other times I'm stepping out in faith trusting God and I get the blessing afterward. I've learned a lot from Matthew 5:47....

And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles do the same? Matthew 5:47

You just do it, even though every fiber of your being wants to not say anything. Then you do it and you go, "wow, I'm blessed"! God's Spirit comes flooding in and God is good, life is good, and the world is suddenly a beautiful place. It's what Jesus was talking about in John 14:21.

You know what gets me? When He takes what someone meant very despitefully, even abusively, and He turns it to such blessing for me that I begin to pray for the person and am thankful that He used them to bless me. It gets me every time. I sit in shock as I catch that glimpse of the fringe of His robe as He’s walking away and I wonder, how on EARTH does He DO that.?!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My God, man.....do I have to draw you a picture? I AM EXAGGERATING! EXAGGERATING TO MAKE A POINT ! Can't you SEE that? Of COURSE I am not the Worst Sinner That ever lived....its an example to show that even though we are Saved , we still have an Old Adamic Nature within us that is Wretched beyond belief....we are still Sinners....Saved Sinners for sure ....but if not for the Indwelling Holy Spirit within us, we would all Be “ Reprobates”.....That is Biblical...
Well, I hope you can see that Paul being the chief of sinners did not mean he was still sinning the things he listed. But since you are interpreting it that way you are saying you are living a very sinful life. I don't mean the common life of struggle of the everyday believer, but really deep in sin. Now, if that's not really true, then don't lead us to believe it is. Now if you want to talk about your old life of murder and mayhem, then, yes, tell us about it, but since you are not interpreting Paul's phrase 'chief of sinners' that way don't use it.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what gets me? When He takes what someone meant very despitefully, even abusively, and He turns it to such blessing for me that I begin to pray for the person and am thankful that He used them to bless me. It gets me every time. I sit in shock as I catch that glimpse of the fringe of His robe as He’s walking away and I wonder, how on EARTH does He DO that.?!
I know. It's been happening to me a lot lately. I'm stunned at the love that rises up out of my spirit toward 'not so nice' people and their situations that I never had before. I'm growing up and I'm looking a lot like my Dad. It brings me to tears sometimes.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes in threads like these I wonder if people just like to hear themselves talk, because nobody is convincing anybody. Just non-stop arguing, accusations and disagreements. ;)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said nothing about condemning Christians who do not walk according to the Spirit. But I am speaking very clearly about the necessity to do so (walk by the Spirit). The point of my discussion with BB was trusting God is not just carelessly sinning and letting God worry about it, as he asserts. He even claims that is a higher revelation of trust in God. I'm telling him that trusting God is actually quite the opposite. Trusting God is about NOT sinning. Choosing to not sin means trusting God that you don't have to do the sin that is mercilessly badgering you to entertain. THAT is trusting God.

I think you will just have to accept that there are some of us who are so weak that we are the ones Paul talked about when he said we do what we don’t want to do and what we want to do we don’t do. No, we don’t go about in heinously apparent outward sins, but we are so controlled by our passions and can’t get away from being ruled by them until He silences them. We can’t just choose to not murder in our heart and not resent in out heart as you can and we ask God in trust to help us and to give us love.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes in threads like these I wonder if people just like to hear themselves talk, because nobody is convincing anybody. Just non-stop arguing, accusations and disagreements. ;)
I think it can have a lot to do with self-affirmations when one thinks, "I've really put it to them there!" It's the same think with social media addiction. This is my only social media, and I have to be careful myself.

Much love!

Reactions: BarneyFife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we don’t go about in heinously apparent outward sins, but we are so controlled by our passions and can’t get away from being ruled by them until He silences them.

Or until we come to trust that He has given us power over our fleshy passions, even though they not be silent.

Much love!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you weren't his enemy. I've learned that the true test of godly love is how you treat those who have mistreated you. See, he considers us enemies and, generally speaking, he treats us the way natural men treat their enemies, not the way the Bible tells us to treat our enemies.

It’s not That I don’t love you guys- I would do anything for any of you...
...it’s your DoctrinesThat I hate....I sincerely think that you are ruining Newbies and shipwrecking the Faith Of many.....I could be wrong about everything I think.....since I do not really think That is the case , what am I supposed to do......sit back and watch? What if I came in here saying that Jesus did not really rise from the dead and tried to convince Newbies in here that that was the Truth....wouldn’t YOU be up in arms? Should we try to “ Love” that person out of their Blasphemy ? Or would we do as Paul did.....kick them out of the Congregation or in this case “Forums”
Nobody kicks them out so the only choice left is to make their stay here as unpleasant as possible....” Love” all you want with Those That God has already declared “ Damned”....I won’t be joining you....God must really hate them to send them to Hell...I’m on His Side....God ain’t lovey- dovy All Of the time.....there are Seven Things He Hates and a “ lying tongue” is among them......Gospel Perverters are Liars....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some people have a pathological need to feel superior to others as a way of compensating for their hidden (often from even themselves) low self image. Reaction Formation is an example of this, where the person with a "secret sin" is constantly railing against people's "secret sins". Narcissism (the disorder) is also a type of this, getting power over others by manipulation. Sometimes subtle, sometimes not so much. A lot is just in trying to make others look bad, and themself look good. But it runs deep sometimes, very deep.

There can be a lot of emotional energy, true pathological need, behind people's words sometimes. And if someone has gotten ahold of some particular argument or assertion which is tried and true to flare things us, and they thrive on flaring things up, then that's what we'll see, over and over.

Much love!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is. This is serious stuff. Consider this next time you tell a newbie his sin doesn't matter to his salvation.....

42But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be thrown into the sea.43If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two hands and go into hell,e into the unquenchable fire.f 45If your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than to have two feet and be thrown into hell.g 47And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell, 48where ‘their worm never dies, and the fire is never quenched.’ Mark 9:42-48
I know you don't read the Bible passages posted (you said that before), but just read the bolded part and think about how that relates to 1) your Osas belief, and 2) your belief that sin doesn't matter to the one who believes in Jesus.

I have told you the Truth about how you are wrong....you know it....you ignore it...you continue with your lies about my Doctrine .....smart viewers will see through your on- going Lies and I ain’t explaining myself to you anymore.....yes, smart people know what I am teaching and understand it....I can’t do anything to open your eyes .....only God can.....I will continue to pray for you .....you are at the point now that you are “ willfully Sinning” by lying about me....repent of this sin before you die, lest you go to Hell!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not That I don’t love you guys- I would do anything for any of you...
...it’s your DoctrinesThat I hate....I sincerely think that you are ruining Newbies and shipwrecking the Faith Of many.....I could be wrong about everything I think.....since I do not really think That is the case , what am I supposed to do......sit back and watch? What if I came in here saying that Jesus did not really rise from the dead and tried to convince Newbies in here that that was the Truth....wouldn’t YOU be up in arms? Should we try to “ Love” that person out of their Blasphemy ? Or would we do as Paul did.....kick them out of the Congregation or in this case “Forums”
Nobody kicks them out so the only choice left is to make their stay here as unpleasant as possible....” Love” all you want with Those That God has already declared “ Damned”....I won’t be joining you....God must really hate them to send them to Hell...I’m on His Side....God ain’t lovey- dovy All Of the time.....there are Seven Things He Hates and a “ lying tongue” is among them......Gospel Perverters are Liars....
Speak the truth in love, love meaning, commitment for other's wellbeing.

Much love!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the point and truth remains, thanks be to God that they obeyed from the heart. Thanks be to God for the work He had done to save us.

Tong
R3352
For when they obeyed they received the Spirit..
Where they are no longer a slave to sin....they now with their new nature can choose to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.