One Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The apostles baptised in the Name of Christ, and we by grace having heard the Scriptures believed in the Name of Christ. Which, yea, Who indeed, is our Salvation. The Lord giveth to his beloved in his sleep and hard labour nor water baptism adds anything of value except one tithes payer more.
No, is their a verse in the Bible that says we can believe into Christ(enter into the body of Christ by believing only without being baptized in water)?

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Is that not enough....

Reactions: Pisteuo

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bad answer.

Now, do we "believe INTO" Christ or are we "baptized INTO" Christ?
Have you not read,

Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Do you know what His cup, was or His baptism??

Than again.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

and again

Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Everything changed after His resurrection, not even the disciples understood it for a time. Water baptizm does nothing but there is no harm in it, if one feels inclined. We are saved by grace through faith, not having water poured over our heads.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'For Christ also hath once suffered for sins,
the just for the unjust,
that he might bring us to God,
being put to death in the flesh,
but quickened by the Spirit:
By which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
Which sometime were disobedient,
when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah,
while the ark was a preparing,
wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us
(not the putting away of the filth of the flesh,
but the answer of a good conscience toward God,)
by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: ... ... '

(1 Peter 3:18-21)

Hello @Truther,

* You quoted the words, '... even baptism doth also now save us ... ', but this has been plucked out of it's context, and can therefore be used in a manner that the context of 1 Peter 3:21 would have prevented.

The figure (1 Peter 3:21) refers to the days of Noah, and to the spirits (or angels) which are imprisoned in Tartaroo, awaiting judgement (Genesis 6:1-8), to whom the Lord went in triumph, to proclaim His victory, when He was quickened to life and rose from the grave (Colossians 2:14-15).

'And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you:
whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell (Tartaroo),
and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness,
bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; ... ...
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations,
and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: ... ... '

(2 Peter 2:3-5 & 9)

* They, the angels that fell, have no hope of resurrection.

* The Ark itself was the means of salvation for the eight souls that entered into it by faith, when the waters of judgement destroyed the earth in that day. They did not have to get wet, for they were in the ark, which was pitched within and without, and God had closed the door. Likewise believers are placed by God 'in Christ' (1 Corinthians 1:30), by identification (or baptism into Christ), that the fires of judgement yet to come upon the earth will not come nigh unto them.

Praise God!

* Thank you so much for bringing my thoughts to bear upon this verse, for it has been a blessing. There is more that I could share regarding this, but it would not help here I feel.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: mjrhealth

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you not read,

Mat 20:23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

Do you know what His cup, was or His baptism??

Than again.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

and again

Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Everything changed after His resurrection, not even the disciples understood it for a time. Water baptizm does nothing but there is no harm in it, if one feels inclined. We are saved by grace through faith, not having water poured over our heads.
Yes everything changed after the resurrection.
John baptized unto repentance.
Peter etc. baptized repented souls in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.
Question.
Why did you skip Acts 2:38?
Did you know the Church began in Acts 2, not Acts 10?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Is that not enough....
They “believed into the body of Christ “ there?

Have you seen how the 3000 in Acts 2 were added to the Church without the Holy Ghost, but only baptism?

Baptism is unnecessary?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They “believed into the body of Christ “ there?

Have you seen how the 3000 in Acts 2 were added to the Church without the Holy Ghost, but only baptism?

Baptism is unnecessary?
And Jesus daily adds people to His church without baptism, so are you going to be the one to demand God not save one because they havnt being dumped in a river??

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'For Christ also hath once suffered for sins,
the just for the unjust,
that he might bring us to God,
being put to death in the flesh,
but quickened by the Spirit:
By which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
Which sometime were disobedient,
when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah,
while the ark was a preparing,
wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us
(not the putting away of the filth of the flesh,
but the answer of a good conscience toward God,)
by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: ... ... '

(1 Peter 3:18-21)

Hello @Truther,

* You quoted the words, '... even baptism doth also now save us ... ', but this has been plucked out of it's context, and can therefore be used in a manner that the context of 1 Peter 3:21 would have prevented.

The figure (1 Peter 3:21) refers to the days of Noah, and to the spirits (or angels) which are imprisoned in Tartaroo, awaiting judgement (Genesis 6:1-8), to whom the Lord went in triumph, to proclaim His victory, when He was quickened to life and rose from the grave (Colossians 2:14-15).

'And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you:
whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell (Tartaroo),
and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness,
bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; ... ...
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations,
and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: ... ... '

(2 Peter 2:3-5 & 9)

* They, the angels that fell, have no hope of resurrection.

* The Ark itself was the means of salvation for the eight souls that entered into it by faith, when the waters of judgement destroyed the earth in that day. They did not have to get wet, for they were in the ark, which was pitched within and without, and God had closed the door. Likewise believers are placed by God 'in Christ' (1 Corinthians 1:30), by identification (or baptism into Christ), that the fires of judgement yet to come upon the earth will not come nigh unto them.

Praise God!

* Thank you so much for bringing my thoughts to bear upon this verse, for it has been a blessing. There is more that I could share regarding this, but it would not help here I feel.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Here is the simple context.

Baptism doth also now save us.....(so, those that say it does not save us are debunked by the Bible. )

Not the putting away of the filth of the flesh...,(bath)

But an answer of a clean conscience towards God....(remission of sins removes guilt).

This is the very definition of the same author, Peter, of Acts 2:38.

Modern theology denounces Acts 2:38, then redefines Peter’s verse here in the process.

This is called the theological snowball effect.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Baptism doth also now save us.....(so, those that say it does not save us are debunked by the Bible. )
As I said, are you going to be the one to demand God cannot save one because He hasnt being dunked in a river...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, are you going to be the one to demand God cannot save one because He hasnt being dunked in a river...
...as we reason away water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins per Acts 2:38.

How dare Peter say such a thing at Pentecost.
The nerve of that man.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care if one baptizes oneself in the bath tub in the name of Jesus Christ. Just do it in case it is for the remission of sins(and Peter was correct at Pentecost).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
...as we reason away water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins per Acts 2:38.

How dare Peter say such a thing at Pentecost.
The nerve of that man.
Ye how dare man kind keep adding to the price of salvation, " it is by grace we are saved by faith, a gift from God", that no one wants. If you want baptism that is fine just dont make it a demand upon others who have faith, in Christ.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye how dare man kind keep adding to the price of salvation, " it is by grace we are saved by faith, a gift from God", that no one wants. If you want baptism that is fine just dont make it a demand upon others who have faith, in Christ.
You quoted a verse that was written to those already saved per Acts 2:38. You skipped Acts and attempted to find a new plan of salvation in the epistles to the saints.

Bad idea

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one plan of salvation, which is the other you speak of ???
Acts 2:38.

It was the one and only plan of salvation.
Read it and obey to enter into the original Church.

Ignore it and stay in the counterfeit Church.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ignore it and stay in the counterfeit Church.
What mens church, ye we all know about that one.. I guess you missed this bit.

Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Hmm... no water baptism required. Yes only one plane for salvation.. All who call upon the Lord shall be saved... :Lets see what the religious add to that...

Reactions: Helen

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What mens church, ye we all know about that one.. I guess you missed this bit.

Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?
Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Hmm... no water baptism required. Yes only one plane for salvation.. All who call upon the Lord shall be saved... :Lets see what the religious add to that...
You did it again. You completely skipped Acts 2:38.

You are not in the original Church unless you adhere to Acts 2:38.

You must concentrate on that verse as you ask Peter “men and brethren what must I do”

Peter would tell you the same thing as the 3000.

What your modern brethren tell you to do is just the opposite as Peter would tell you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You did it again. You completely skipped Acts 2:38.

You are not in the original Church unless you adhere to Acts 2:38.

You must concentrate on that verse as you ask Peter “men and brethren what must I do”

Peter would tell you the same thing as the 3000.

What your modern brethren tell you to do is just the opposite as Peter would tell you.
What did I do, I did nothing, what must I do, believe, its enough for Jesus, and God why is it not enough for you.

Reactions: Helen

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did I do, I did nothing, what must I do, believe, its enough for Jesus, and God why is it not enough for you.
Not for me but for you.
You must carefully observe the very first answer about the very first question on the very first day of the Church’s birth, when asked what to do to be saved.

Acts 2:38 is that answer.

Without Acts 2:38, we are not part of THAT Church, but a strangers church.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not for me but for you.
You must carefully observe the very first answer about the very first question on the very first day of the Church’s birth, when asked what to do to be saved.

Acts 2:38 is that answer.

Without Acts 2:38, we are not part of THAT Church, but a strangers church.
Oh you mean I dont belong to your church, I dont need to and have no desire too, I like so many Belong to Christ alone.

Mat 19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I guess man kind keeps making it impossible...

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

For everything you add, God must remove, It is grace that saves us not baptism, how many do you wish to condemn today.....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh you mean I dont belong to your church, I dont need to and have no desire too, I like so many Belong to Christ alone.

Mat 19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I guess man kind keeps making it impossible...

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

For everything you add, God must remove, It is grace that saves us not baptism, how many do you wish to condemn today.....
No, Jesus’ church started at Pentecost by Peter as the spokesman.

Have you been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins per Acts 2:38?