One Baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 3000 in Acts 2 were added to the Church by water baptism, not Spirit infilling....

41....were baptized, and the same day were added to them about 3000 souls.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was baptized because I didnt know any better, and If anyone chooses to, who are we to with hold them but that has nothing to do with my or anyone else's salvation. You insist on adding to grace, How do teh religious do it, It is by grace we are saved, it is a gift, as long as you, get baptized, join our church, keep the sabath, and the law, beat your flesh into obedience, than if you are really good, we might let Jesus save you, but not if we can help it...

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The 3000 in Acts 2 were added to the Church by water baptism, not Spirit infilling....

41....were baptized, and the same day were added to them about 3000 souls.
They where saved because of the infilling of the Holy Spirit not because of the baptism.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, Jesus’ church started at Pentecost by Peter as the spokesman.
Have you been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins per Acts 2:38?
Hello @Truther,

I am sorry that you chose to dismiss the content of reply #243. It is obvious to me now, that I should have made reply #229, my last. May the Lord guide you into all truth as you wait on Him.

By the way, the church did not begin at Pentecost. :)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being baptized into the name of Jesus (immersed in his name) has nothing to do with water. Immersion in water will not change your heart or get you to a better understanding of who Jesus was or now is.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Truther,

I am sorry that you chose to dismiss the content of reply #243. It is obvious to me now, that I should have made reply #229, my last. May the Lord guide you into all truth as you wait on Him.

By the way, the church did not begin at Pentecost. :)

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Did the Church begin with John the Baptist in the wilderness, when Peter received the keys in Matt 16 or Romans 10:9(something like that)?

If not, please explain the actual account, when and where it began.

Thanks.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was baptized because I didnt know any better, and If anyone chooses to, who are we to with hold them but that has nothing to do with my or anyone else's salvation. You insist on adding to grace, How do teh religious do it, It is by grace we are saved, it is a gift, as long as you, get baptized, join our church, keep the sabath, and the law, beat your flesh into obedience, than if you are really good, we might let Jesus save you, but not if we can help it...
You have it backwards.
Grace leads you to remission of sins per Acts 2:38, then Grace has/will save(d) you.

Grace does not debunk the command of Peter at Pentecost.

Modern theology does.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They where saved because of the infilling of the Holy Spirit not because of the baptism.
They did not have the Holy Ghost, they were only baptized. Read it.

The same baptism word was used in the same sentence adding them to the Church.

They were buried with Christ by baptism, qualifying them as "buried with" Christ.

This is why folks were immediately baptized in the book of Acts.

Does modern theology advocate immediate baptism?

If not, why not?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being baptized into the name of Jesus (immersed in his name) has nothing to do with water. Immersion in water will not change your heart or get you to a better understanding of who Jesus was or now is.

Are you saying that this?.....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Is really saying this?.....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be SPIRIT baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Receive the Holy Ghost and you shall receive the Holy Ghost?)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So this is debunked?...

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not for me but for you.
You must carefully observe the very first answer about the very first question on the very first day of the Church’s birth, when asked what to do to be saved.

Acts 2:38 is that answer.

Without Acts 2:38, we are not part of THAT Church, but a strangers church.

Where on earth did you come up with that?
God...who is the One that matters...has proved otherwise....
I believe, last time I checked, it was He who set the rules, not you!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where on earth did you come up with that?
God...who is the One that matters...has proved otherwise....
I believe, last time I checked, it was He who set the rules, not you!
Yes, He set the rules at Pentecost....

Acts 2:37-38 King James Version (KJV)
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The rule has never changed with our God, only theologians.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So this is debunked?...

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

If you don't emphasis like you have, but read it as a sentence.. the whole verse is about BELIEVING , or not BELIEVING ......it's not about baptizing!!
It is you who have emphasized that to fit your false legalistic doctrine..

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't emphasis like you have, but read it as a sentence.. the whole verse is about BELIEVING , or not BELIEVING ......it's not about baptizing!!
It is you who have emphasized that to fit your false legalistic doctrine..

???

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it safer to be considered involved in "legalism" than "illegalism".

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think it safer to be considered involved in "legalism" than "illegalism".

That is your choice ...just remember what Jesus said to the Pharisees, the legalists in His day...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Helen, obeying Peter is wrong?
That depends on wheter he was right or not.

Lets repeat this whole silly saga again.

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

So here Jesus is telling them there is a change coming, and again,

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Baptism in not or ever was a requirement for salvation, because before Christ death no man could be saved, baptized or not, after His resurrection, all who "believe" will be saved, end of story.

And I dont have to shout...

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that this?.....

Is really saying this?.....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be SPIRIT baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Receive the Holy Ghost and you shall receive the Holy Ghost?)
I’m saying if you repent and get to know (immerse yourself in) Jesus, you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I mean, what good is water if you don’t know Him? Unless you are wanting a bath.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m saying if you repent and get to know (immerse yourself in) Jesus, you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. I mean, what good is water if you don’t know Him? Unless you are wanting a bath.
I doubt if Peter would appreciate your redefining of his words per Acts 2:38.
I can see someone getting away with misrepresenting Trumps phone call, but not Peter’s words answering the 3000 at Pentecost.